“Outstanding value in luxurious accomodations !”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #197 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Just returned from a two week stay. The hotel was above and beyond anything we could have hoped for. The premises is spotless, pool is fantastic, houscleaning was spot on every day with a very pleasant staff. Front desk was always accomodating. There may have been some problems with the service in the past (As I have read in other reviews) but we had absolutely no issues. Proximity to theme parks is great as any park can be reached within 10 minutes. Access to food and shopping is also a hop skip away.

No need to hesitate...I hope to return often.

1  Thank pforgione
There are newer reviews for Lake Eve Resort

Reviewed 10 August 2009

First the good:
Rooms were nice, clean, great location not too far from all the attractions. The pool was awsome. We got a good Grand Opening rate. Nice washer and dryer, awesome full fridge, and dish washer.

Now the Bad:
The hotel staff seemed clueless, not very professional. They seemed to know little about the facility. I asked for towels for the pool, and the lady at the fron deask said there's a bin full of them next to the pool. After looking for several minutes, I askerd her again and admitted she had never even seen the pool area and couldn't tell me where to get towels.

They upgraded my room for free to from a one bedroom suite to a 2 bedroom suite so our group could be close together.

To be fair, the staff seemed nice, but there was just a level of unprofessionalism that seemed very odd. We didn't know whether or not the laundry soap was free. The group in the room next to use got free soap the whole time, while I had to pay at the very small gift shop.

There were unruly guests at the pool when we stayed, and were even harassed by and spit on by them from their balcony. There were no hotel staff at the pool to keep things in control. The same kids made a terrible mess (feces) in the restroom.

When I notified the mamager, they had told me they had several complaints about them and that they were taking care of it. We left before I could tell if the problem was taken care of.

On another note, the chairs in the dining area make so much noise you can hear it from other rooms. All night long we could hear "screeeeech."

The water smells and tastes like sulfur. Made my clothes smell like sulfur after washing them. If you're gonna drink water, use the filtered water from the fridge.

The gist:
Buyer beware. If you're used to 5 star hotels, you'll be very dissapointed. If you're used to 2 star hotels, you might like it. Just know that the staff is a little clueless.

One more thng... If they tell you that you booked through a third party and they didn't tell you about the "extra charges" ... stand your ground and tell them you're not paying it! Worked for me!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank luv_my_passat
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I stayed at the Lake Eve Resort from July 22-26. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor. The room was very spacious. One room included two queen size, COMFORTABLE beds while the master bedroom had a king sized bed. The master bedroom had a master bathroom with a jacuzzi, his/her sinks. We had no issues with the jacuzzi like other visitors. Everything in the room was clean except for the balcony (spider-webs on the railings). I slept in the living room on the pull out sofa bed. Even that was comfortable! There were 3 32-in flat screen tvs in the room (living room and both bedrooms).
The view we had of the lake was terrible. Since we were on the 5th floor of a 14 floor establishment, we saw the lake very close. It looked disgusting and there were many trees blocking the view of the rest of the lake. I'm sure that people from the top floors got a great view of the rest of the lake but we weren't as fortunate. There are fireworks from SeaWorld that are done every night. The trees blocked most of our view but we still got to see a few during our stay.
We did receive about 5 menus that were slipped under our door but it didn't bother us. The pool was okay, it could have been cleaner but it did the job. There is no lifeguard at the pool and it closed at 10pm. During our stay, the pool bar was not open. The washing machine in the room was VERY loud. The first time we used it, we thought that the machine was going to take off like a rocket. Other than that, it did the job (bring laundry detergent). We were also charged $8.44 per day for "resort fees" that we were not aware of earlier. The front desk seems a little understaffed since there was a line when checking in and out. The wi-fi access is free and a great connection. If you want to use the hotel computer, it is $2.95 for 15 minutes.
The hotel is about 4 minutes from SeaWorld and Aquatica and about 10-15 minutes from Universal Studios and Orlando International Airport. The hotel sign does not face the direction you will be coming from the airport. We drove past the hotel the first time we came. The hotel is right next to the Milleninum hotel resort so be sure to look for it! We did not eat at the restaurant on site. There is a great Thai restaurant near the hotel. Overall, our stay was great. The staff was more than friendly. They helped out with everything we needed. If your looking for a clean, spacious room for a great price, Lake Eve is a great pick.

1  Thank gqmalu31
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We went here for one night in a 1 bed apartment in July- 2 adults and 2 kids. Beautiful new aparthotel but obviously badly run. Had to wait for reception staff to finish their conversation before getting booked in but did get checked in early due to low occupancy. Lovely apartment with nice decor but a terrible smell hit us as soon as we entered. We eventually worked out that it was something rancid stuck in the garbage disposal and were able to clean it out. The toilet also had faeces stains so had not been cleaned properly so I had to clean it. The ice maker in the fridge freezer was totally blocked and my husband had to fix that.
We accepted all that as we were just staying for one night and went to the pool. The pool had been over-run by about 30 teenage kids who must have been part of a youth or tour group. There is no lifeguard at the pool and no-one from the hotel did anything about their antics which included jumping on eachother (3 man piggy backs) and throwing balls very hard which splashed/hit other residents. After less than 30minutes the pool had been cleared of all other residents, including us.
Facilities include free wi-fi and we got a good signal. Computer use is $2.95 for 15 mins. There is a breakfast for $6.95 but we didn't try it. There is supposed to be kid activities but we saw no evidence of that. In the time that we were there 3 flyers were slipped under our door. This suggests to me that security is lax as anyone can just walk into the hotel. There is free parking and 2 side front doors which mean people do not have to even pass the front desk and we saw no security at the gate or doors.
On check-out we were surprised to be charged $8.44 resort fee as we had booked through hotels.com and our booking said it included all tax and fees. When we pointed this out we were told we still had to pay. There was no mention of this on check-in. The overall cost for a one bedroom apartment was £75 and it was not worth it.

If it had been properly cleaned and rowdy guests managed appropriately it would have been a much better stay.

2  Thank aotni
Reviewed 23 July 2009

What a beautiful facility - its being destroyed by poor management and incompetent staff. no remote in the bedroom ( found under the bed when we checked out- indicates less than thorough cleaning after previous guest). mold shot out of the jets on the tub, no toiletries in the guest bath, lights were burned out in bedroom and kitchen, wasp nests on the balcony, the restaraunt was closed because of low occupancy, next day the breakfast bar was opened but the food was horrible and OLD. Weeds growing out of the pool deck, On check in the desk staff were more interested in making fun of a guest after his telephone inquiry than they were in checking me in. Desk staff couuld not give a receipt because I booked through an outside website- even though they charged addl fees to my card. A boy spit from the balcony above onto my guest.
AND THIS IS THE SHORT LIST!!!!
Its very sad that such a beautiful facility is subject to problem employees. With just minimal effort, this place could be a 5 STAR Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank imshocked2
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I am sooo happy ...this hotel more than I expected..very clean..quiet...good location...my kids just love it ...roomy...great pool ...great internet...smell good...I am nor going to find other hotel in orlando ...this will be my second home in Orlando ...you can book it ...100% sure ...I love ir ...I want to came back ...

Reviewed 12 July 2009

This hotel was just awesome!! It was such an awesome value. The rooms were very large. They had nice tvs, wonderful kitchen that was stocked, two bedrooms kept our family from fighting, and a nice dining room.

All of the complaints that past people had seem to have been solved.

The only complaint that we had, was that everyday we would come back with little fliers stuck under our door. Oh, and slow internet, but no biggie.

AWESOME HOTEL!!!