“Very impressed - don't worry about negative reviews!”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #194 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Wauwatosa, WI
“Very impressed - don't worry about negative reviews!”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

The 2 bd/2 ba room we had was wonderful for my husband and 4 y.o. daughter and I on our 6 night trip. We are experience Disney travelers and loved how clean the resort was, how nice the layout was, and the great service. We'd love to go back in the future.

We arrived late on Monday night due to plane delays. The first room give to us was on second floor and when we arrived it had a broken shower door. We took our luggage back down and they immediately apologized and told us that that was supposed to be out of order. I requested a higher floor in hopes of seeing fireworks, so we were put on the 12th floor. Out of the hallway window we could see the fireworks from Seaworld, and from our balcony, we could watch the Magic Kingdom's fireworks at 10 every night. We could easily distinguish the Contemporary Resort at night as well as Space Mountain during the day.

The bathrooms were cleaned daily and towels replenished, but there is also a washer and dryer for people to clean those sweat stained clothes. There was a ton of closet space and ample room to put your luggage. The fridge had an ice maker which also filtered the water. This saved us money as we refilled our water bottles with that and froze them, instead of buying more water bottles. We ate a few meals in the condo as the kitchen was well stocked. I needed more dishwashing soap and they provided that - some places do not give you more than one, so that was very nice to have everything from tissues to shampoo replaced.

My daughter loved the swimming pool area. It isn't always in the sun, but after being at the parks all day, that isn't all bad. It didn't seem heated, but in August, that was just fine. They have a small kids pool area for babies/toddlers, and a separate whirlpool and big pool. The big pool was always clean and towels were provided (although at times you need to tell the front desk that they are out). The pool was always very quiet. The rooms all overlook the pool, so you children always have it on their mind!! She still talks about the pool and seems to have forgotten feeding the dolphins at Seaworld or meeting Cinderella at the Grand Floridian!!

The beds were comfortable and the curtains REALLY darken the room. But don't sleep the day away, as it's best to get to the parks early. There were no alarm clocks in either bedroom, so we bought one for ourselves. Bring yours along. They have flat screen tvs in both bedrooms and the livingroom and internet is free and works well. There is not a DVD player, so bring yours from home. One the website it says something about no self-parking, but we just pulled in the lot everyday!

The views from the top floors are beautiful - overlooking Lake Eve and some other resorts. The price simply cannot be beaten for this gem. Give it a try. Other reviews seem to find a lot of faults, so either I have more patience and understanding, or they've improved since they've opened the place. I'd recommend it to anyone and hope you take advantage of the great deals they have going on right now!!

1 Thank kkgarnett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Yoxall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights following holiday on east coast and the keys to visit theme parks and shops in Orlando.
The welcome was not the best as the receptionist had been told to answer phone calls before the person standing in front of them. After 4/5 calls i managed to get her attention. She was apologetic but i still had to wait a while to book in. With the apology came an upgrade to a platinum resort suite !. So couldn't complain . All other staff at the hotel were very friendly and attentive. The suites were fantastic and so spacious with all "mod cons" . The on-suite bathroom was huge with a spa bath and double shower. We were on 13th floor so had good views over to seaworld.
Due to the shear size of these suites there were a lot of large families in residence so if you expect some quiet at the night you will be disappointed as they enjoy themselves in or around the pool or on the large balconies overlooking the pool. Did not use the gym nor the pool or eating facilities.

Great location for travelling to the theme parks or International Drive for eateries.

1 Thank ChrisJane25
UK
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We really liked this hotel. Brand new and very nice and spacious rooms - we booked the two bedrooms. High grade of furnishing and fully fitted kitchen, large bathrooms with ample storage space. I would be happy living there. Large pool (which is in the shade from early afternoon which is good for a swim and a lie down after an exhausting day in the theme parks). Staff extremely helpful and friendly.

1 Thank Podgorica21
Oceana, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We booked through an online travel site for about a hundred bucks a night. Our two bedroom unit is absolutely gorgeous. The resort is really nice. It may be the economy or it may just be a newer building / new management trying to get a customer base built, but I wouldnt expect these rates to stay this low very long. In fact there is one of those cheesy notices on the back of the door like in all hotels that says the rack rate is 359 a night. I would expect to pay twice what I paid for this room anywhere else in the Orlando area. Very nice will stay again!

1 Thank The_Waycasters
Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We have stayed in many five star upscale hotels, and budget value as well. This was a great option for us, especially for the price. We traveled with our 2 young babies and grandparents, and we booked 2 rooms because I am big on space and privacy. In retrospect, we could have easily stayed in one room. The premium room we booked was on the 13th floor, had a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding parks (nice for fireworks at night), and plenty of space. It had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, 2 full bathrooms, and a pull out couch as well. The maid service is every 3rd day, its not everyday, but they did check on towels and make beds everyday. For the 119$ A night we paid, it was a very nice option and we would definitely recommend it. The restaurant was decent, and the pool was also very nice. If you are looking for upscale overall, you aren't going to get it in that price range, but the room was beautiful and spacious and more than we had hoped for, and we loved the easy 1 mile drive to Sea World area.

1 Thank ClanGFlorida
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Lake Eve Resort is a beautiful place to stay..My family (7 members) loved the rooms. We had 2 bedrooms, and the condo was plenty big!!! The rooms are decorated very nicely (granite, satina finish appliances, washer/dryer etc.). I had no major problems, however, upon arrival, I encountered a contentious situation. There was a family who had come in earlier that morning and were told that their room would be ready at 4:00 pm so they went shopping to waste time..When they got back, they were told that the current family in their room had decided to stay another night, and that there were no more 3 bedrooms available for the entire week. What!! How can the hotel let someone decide to stay if someone else had reservations months ago? The Lake Eve representative could only say that they could give the family an upgraded 2 bedroom condo. Although, she gave then an upgraded 2 bedroom, I still think that this is very unprofessional of the hotel to have such a policy. These were people from the Netherlands who were obviously very tired and just wanted what they had reserved. I could not help but think what if this had happened to me after driving 12 hrs considering I had originally wanted to reserve a 3 bedroom. I will also make a mention of when the rep gave me my keys she immediately ran to me outside at my car saying she needed to change them because there was someone still in the room...I certainly would not have wanted to walk in on another family, and I would not want anyone to walk in on me...All in all, we had a great time. The pool area is simple but nice. HOWEVER, Lake Eve's management has got to make some kind of change or they might end up getting a lawsuit for some of these issues which would be a total waste of, otherwise, such a beautiful hotel. Also, one last thing. I did see a restaurant, but I never really saw anyone eating in it, yet the hotel air always smelled like some sort of greasy food. It must have been coming from the rooms.

1 Thank mnaj24
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We booked a trip here for 7 days and ended up staying one more night we loved it so much!!! Our first experience with the staff was a young guy name Gio who helped us with our luggage (and we brought lots of it.) He was friendly and very pleasant. Gio was the best, he helped us with our groceries, greeted us everytime we saw him, and was the sweetest kid.

The rooms were beautiful and had just about everything we needed. Pots, pans, tupperware, flatware, dinnerware, cups, etc. Might want to bring your own sponge and dish soap. If not you can always use the dishwasher. Housekeeping will also do dishes for you! They do come every day.

The weekends seemed to get pretty booked around this time and the parking was full one night when we returned really late, like 4 am. We had to park in a fire lane, but we left our key at the front desk and they moved it for us in the morning. No big deal, they were great about it.

Also the pool bar was still not open as they are waiting for a licquor license. This was not an issue for us. We brought a cooler and stocked it with drinks and brought it down. Kept our bevarage expenses low, so it wan't a bad thing.

My sons brought their Xbox and there was no audio adaptor available so they had to play with no sound. Once again, wasn't an issue for me cause I rather not hear the niose anyway. :-)

They are new and are still working on some things but all in all we had a great experience, and I have no complaints. We do plan on going back if the rates stay reasonable.

If anyone from Lake Eve reads this, give Gio a raise. We were there for 8 days and he worked every single day, and he works hard. Oh and keep the pool open till 12am at least!!!!

1 Thank ytap