“Great rate, great stay”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #125 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It's a huge hotel, and there is a hike from the garage, but only about 10 seconds of the walk is outdoors. I got an amazing rate through priceline. and was very happy with the stay.

There was a fridge in the room--this isn't clear on the website, as they make it sound like you have to request it. But when I called the hotel, I was told fridges are in every room.

The room was spacious and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There are several food options in the lobby. We didn't use any of them, but it was nice knowing it was there.

I heard nothing from the other rooms or hallway noise, and I'm a light sleeper.

I like the location of being near the convention center, but would avoid it during the main convention season.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hi Plots,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Rosen Centre. We recommend that you take advantage of the multiple dining options on your next visit. We guarantee that you will love the Everglades Restaurant. Hopefully we will see you soon, since Naples isn't too far away.

assistant@deatrickpr.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,057)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were only staying one evening post Cruise and we couldn't have done any better. I read the reviews before I booked and some of the people called this "average". There is nothing "average" about this hotel. Beautiful lobby, great rooms, excellent views (we had a choice), restaurants looked nice but I don't eat in Hotels so I can't rate them. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The only thing I must warn you… if you are driving, make sure you have the address and name of the hotel. Rosen must have 8 hotels along International Drive. Luckily I knew where I was going. If you didn't, you could easily be pulling into each one trying to find out where you were staying. If you drove International Drive before, it's slow because of all the restaurants and hotels on the strip. Typical tourist spot.

Excellent hotel for Conventioneers as well. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We took the view towards the City and an upper level. It's amazing to see how far away Orlando...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank avanti43

Hi Avanti43,

Thank you for your great review! We are honored by your comments on the hotel itself. We hope that next time you will get to enjoy the Everglades Restaurant as well as the Spa at Rosen Centre. We want you to enjoy the complete Rosen Centre experience.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My fiancee and I took a trip up to Orlando at the last minute. While on our way, we were looking at hotels on Priceline and came across this gem. We were a little weary because Priceline was offering a price of $42 for the night, but we decided to go for it anyway when we found out it was originally $120 per night. We were so happy that chose this hotel! It was beautiful. They had an option for valet parking ($20 extra though). Free parking if you are staying at the hotel (if you are just visiting, parking is $15). Front desk staff was very friendly, bar in the lobby was open late, and the rooms were very clean. The only con about this hotel was that the two beds were very small, definitely not full beds. (But that might have just been the room that we got). We were in walking distance of shops and restaurants on International Drive, which is great because we didn't have to drive in the car and pay to park around that area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you have a fear of heights, however, I would request a room at a lower level because there are a lot of floors. If you do not mind heights though, the view is beautiful. Definitely would stay here again, especially for the rate we got from Priceline!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Nikki,

We are thankful for your spontaneity! We are glad you are so pleased with the quality and value of the hotel. We do offer multiple different guest room options, which you can consider for your next visit. We hope that will be soon. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Staying here for work I can say that the staff were very kind and that the hotel was very clean. Although it was a very stale atmosphere and seemed to lack the pzazz of it's sister hotel Rosen Shingle Creek.

Room had a great view across Orlando and was a comfortable twin bedded room. You can hear a lot through the walls though so be advised to keep the noise down! I used the breakfast restaurant and although was full of lovely things was overpriced for what it was.

Room Tip: I slept on a room at the front of the hotel which had great views over the flat of Orlando. I did no...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hi Ali,

Thank you for taking the time to review multiple of Rosen Hotels & Resorts' TripAdvisor profiles. I will pass on your kind words to the staff. We hope you will give us another chance to wow you with the real Rosen pizazz! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Staying at this hotel for a week for business. It is an average hotel - nothing special! The rooms are clean but the beds not very comfortable! The food is good, but straight out of the 80's - nothing special or cutting edge! Make sure to keep a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door or the staff might pop in in the evening time with water, like they did with me when I was taking a shower...not cool!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the unexpected visitors. I will pass this information on to management, and they will take your comments into account.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Rosen Center (not to be confused with all of the other Rosen family properties in the neighborhood) is well run, centrally located for convention access, and demands a premium rate that is probably worth it for the easy and convenient access to the Orlando Convention Center.
Nearby hotels may be reserved for significantly less but transportation and parking tend to add up and combine to make the Rosen Center price more attractive.When staying at neighboring hotels, the bus or shuttle runs often (but occasionally erratically) along International Drive providing a way to bypass the outrageous prices charged for parking at the Convention Center.
The Rosen has a beautiful pool area with lots of sun most of the day. Free parking is often offered in their lot behind the hotel for many events, otherwise it appears to be $15/day.
Several restaurants in the lobby offer a variety of food and a lively bar runs until all hours.
The property, while old is, in good condition and has good maintenance. Complaints or problems are addressed immediately. The air conditioner worked well and the energy management system did not turn off the fan in the middle of the night the way many hotels are doing to save money.
Elevators worked well, reception was efficient and staffing was appropriate for the check in/out load. Free internet worked well.
Shops and restaurants were in walking distance.
Unless you are on a serious budget while attending an event at the Convention Center I would carefully consider staying at the Rosen Center for a convenient enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi RNewOrleans,

You didn't leave anything out. We know that future guests will appreciate your thorough review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that means you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The poor service started at the front desk. I got there a little before 2:00pm, check in was at 3:00pm, the room wasn't ready which was fine we went to lunch. We returned at 3:30pm and they told me the same thing. Then they tried to get me to settle for a dumpy room with a pull out bed on the second floor. I asked for the manager and she tried to give me some lame excuse I e eventually I got my room.

The room was clean, that was it. The beds were not comfortable at all. The following morning at 9:00am a staff member knocked on my door asking if we were checking out, interrupting my rest. Mind you check out time is 11:00am. Front desk should provide that information, also it was even close to check out time so why disturb the guest?

The service was lackluster.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank LuvNegril2
mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hi Herdine,

We apologize on behalf of the staff who you interacted with. We assure you that this is not the norm. Management will be notified of the situation, and corrective actions will be taken. We hope you will give us a chance to make this up to you. Please let us know if you need any help planning your accommodations in the future.

Rosen Centre Hotel