“Beautiful place, but comes with extra expenses”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #128 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Overall, after having booked this on Hotwire, we thought we had a very good value. The hotel, itself, is quite lovely and we had no complaint for the rooms, which were nicely decorated and very clean. The front desk staff was fine and very helpful.

However, I think that Hotwire should mention the parking fees, which, after reading some of the reviews, are all over the place. The self-park lists at $15.00/day. Some reviewers here on Tripadvisor said they weren't charged at all. We were charged $7.00/day as we were told was an "online booking rate." So, who knows what they decide to charge you...

The room service experience was a little infuriating. The food was OK, but the room service attendant tried to shake me down for extra money on his tip. He also was making change for the cash payment from his own wallet. I would say, either don't order room service or put it on your account. Best yet, if you don't want to pay room service prices, there is a McDonalds and a convenience store practically in the same parking lot out front.

The hotel is extremely convenient to Seaworld. It's barely a 5 minute drive.

In short, it's a beautiful place and we'd stay again, but with some caveats.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Midwesterner007
mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Hi Midwesterner007,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Rosen Centre. We hope you were able to see all of the lovely holiday decorations. We apologize for the strange situation with room service. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will look into it immediately.

We hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable. Happy holidays!

assistant@deatrickpr.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,078)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

All around wonderful stay. The staff as well as the property were some of the best I have ever experienced. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. High quality toiletries, extra pillows & linens, free HBO, and refrigerator in room. Check in and check out took less than 5 minutes.

I would say here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There is $15 fee for self parking if you don't book through a travel site. It was comped since...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bre B
mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Hi Bre,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Rosen Centre. Thank you for your review. Your compliments will mean so much to our associates!

We hope your kind words mean that you will stay with us again soon. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Mary Deatrick

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I'm not one for staying at the same hotel more than once variety is the spice of life and often you can feel let down by a 2nd stay. In this case this is an exception I gave no issues with using again. Unlike others I found the reception staff excellent..they asked what floor so we went higher and we're on floor 15. The hotel was very quiet-not alot of business activity this close to Christmas, the maid for our floor was most polite and extremely efficient...it's easy to get to places from hotel go right to 4 or left down international drive. I have got good deals through hotwire each time I hope I can get the same again in 2013

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi glassmen007,

We love to see guests return to Rosen Centre, especially during the holidays! We are honored to be a part of holiday traditions. Please let us know if you need any help planning your next trip to Rosen Centre. We hope you enjoy the last few days of 2013, and have a great New Year!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I booked with Hotwire a few days before staying at the Rosen Centre, but was very pleasantly surprised with what we were allocated especially for the amount of money paid.

The room/bathroom was a very comfortable size and very clean with good quality coffee and toiletries on offer. I also found having an iron/ironing board in the room very useful to freshen up our clothes before going out to dinner, probably not that important to a lot of people, but to me it was.

Having read other reviews on this hotel, I would agree with a lot of people who have criticised the front desk staff - I do think they could have been a little more "smiley" - I am not sure whether it is the norm at this hotel for the concierge to step in and offer to take our large suitcase to the room or not, but this did not happen, again no major problem because my husband is big and strong enough to deal with it.

The hotel has done an exceptional job of decorating the outside for Christmas and one of the valets happily took a photo of us against the beautiful Christmas tree without so much of a sigh of discontent, so overall we were very happy with our stay and would not hesitate
to stay there again if we ever found ourselves in need of a hotel in that area.

If it is of any help to anybody, we are a couple in our late fifties.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi lynne400,

We are glad that Rosen Centre could offer you everything you needed for an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Our staff always tries to go above and beyond for our guests. We will notify management about the cheerfulness of the front desk staff. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We can't wait to have you stay with us again! We hope you and your husband had a merry Christmas!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about the entire staff I encountered during a recent six night stay. Check-in was easy and pleasant even though I arrived prior to the sated check-in policy. I was able to place my suitcases with the concierge and had no problem retrieving them. I called for a tub bathmat and also extra blankets during the stay and had immediate service. The hotel cleaning staff was efficient and helpful and understood English. The front desk was helpful with any questions. The buffet was good and all service people said hello including the valet parking attendants even to me with no car. A very pleasant and comfortable stay overall.
Only drawback is that they do not have a free continental breakfast, but there is a location in the lobby and a mini-market that has quite a selection of items for purchase.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi Cassio169,

It sounds like you had a great stay at Rosen Centre. We are so glad we could be a part of your Orlando vacation! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and its various amenities. We are thrilled that you were able to dine at Cafe Gauguin.

We hope you will visit again soon. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Have a happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Booked blindly through hotwire at an AMAZING deal. I've never stayed at this hotel before, so this was a first for my family and I that vaca almost monthly to Orlando since we are WDW annual passholders. I booked two rooms and had no problem getting them side-by-side. Monique at the front desk was exceptional!! Winning smile, friendly, and excellent customer service upon check-in. There was a slight problem with concierge finding the stroller I had rented from an outside source and had delivered to the hotel, but Monique found it right away! The hotel itself is beautiful inside and out! It is decorated for the holidays and they've done a wonderful job. The inside is open and spacious! There are PLENTY of restaurants to choose from as well as a small mini market for any snacks, drinks or things you forget to pack (i.e. toothbrush, like I did!) We did not eat at any of the restaurants, but the starbucks in the hotel was well received by this white chocolate mocha lover!! The room itself was nicely furnished. The beds were quite comfortable and FINALLY a hotel with ACTUAL pillows that don't instantly deflate when you put your head on them! Mini fridge came in handy for juice and bottles. We watched the Sea World fireworks from our 13th floor view. This was a nice treat. Bell service was great! They delivered our luggage to and from our room at check in and out. All in all, I would absolutely stay here again and even pay a higher nightly rate just for the 5-star service and amenities this hotel offers!!! One happy mama here!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hi Nicole1221,

What more could anyone say? We love that you share our enthusiasm for Rosen Centre! What a great time to stay with us--the holidays. Did you get a chance to do some poolside ice skating?

Thank you for your review. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Our stay at this hotel was a nightmare. There are many hotels in Orlando, including two others attached to the convention center. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else. I had booked a room for my wife and myself for 5 nights. I had a business meeting conflict, so my wife arrived one day before I did. When she went to check in, the rudest front desk clerks refused to allow her to do so. They said the room was for two people but they did not know that she was the one I wanted to stay in the room with me!!! How insulting to us both! She showed them both her passport and her drivers license with our same last name. They told her they would not allow her in. They did this loudly in front of a number of our fellow colleagues to her embarrassment. She called me on the cell phone and gave them the phone. They refused to speak to me. They said I had to call the hotel separately and authorize her, my own wife, to stay in the room. I called and did so. It took them more than 45 minutes for them to agree to let her in. Then, they said they needed MY credit card. She had an American Express Platinum and gave it to them. They refused to take it. Finally she convinced another clerk to allow her to pay for the entire stay on her credit card. Then they said the room would not be ready until after 3 pm. She arrived back at the hotel at 4:30 and the room still was not available. Finally, the clerk called her over. No one helped her with her bags.
We had asked for one thing - a quiet room. When she arrived at the room on the 22nd floor, there was a party of young people going on in the next room, with screaming and yelling. She took her bags and went back downstairs to request a quiet room away from the elevator. The rude desk clerk gave her a room next to the elevator with a connecting door. She said the room was next to the elevator and he said, "no it is not." It was. There were kids screaming in the hallway and someone smoking in the connecting room. She went back downstairs. I called the hotel from our home and talked with Guest Relations - they were useless. I then called the manager who took a long time but said he would get her a room. He came upstairs, did not introduce himself, but said I have a key. She asked his name because she was not going to walk into a room with a stranger. He finally introduced himself as Stuart. The room was acceptable so she took it. He did apologize and said he would send up a bottle of wine for our trouble. Nothing ever arrived. We never saw or heard from him again.
I came in the next night. The room was very hot. We tried to get the air conditioner to work. We called the front desk and they said we had to wait 10 minutes after we got into the room for it to kick in. It never did. The pillows were rock hard and beds uncomfortable.
We reported the air conditioner the next day and the rude desk clerks said they would send maintenance up to fix it. When we returned, it still did not work. We asked that someone come up while we went to dinner. No one came.
We reported the air conditioner again the next day. The rude desk clerks said they would send maintenance up, guest services also said they would send maintenance up. No one came. It was stifling in the room.
We left a day early due to the horrible service.
In addition, there is deli in the hotel and we had a quick bite one morning The server was rude, barely spoke and got our order wrong. Just surly. We did not go back. We were going to eat with friends in their steakhouse, but after the deli, we went to the Capital Grille down the street.
The hotel will not allow taxis to drive up to pick up passengers. You are captive to their overcharged limos, walking or having your own car.
We had a rental car. THEY LOST THE KEYS TO THE CAR one day and could not find them for 45 minutes. When the car came back it had paint marks on the bumper as if they had backed into another car. They refused to do anything about it and we had to get rubbing compound to get the marks out. They overcharge for valet service.
The hotel is at least a 20 minute walk to the south side of the convention center. It is just not worth it. One of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in with management and guest services who do not know what the word service means.
Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms at a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank robbinbobbin

Hi robbinbobbin,

We sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience at Rosen Centre. We would love to hear more about your situation in order to properly address and remedy it. We want to assure that there is never a miscommunication or rendering of poor service again. If you could email the address below providing us with your contact information, we will do our best to remedy the situation. We hope you and your wife had a great Christmas, and have a happy New Year.