“Service improved but the Bed was horrible”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #136 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Rosen Center Hotel last November and the service and the bed were horrible. I must say the service on this trip has improved tremendously. I have no complaints about the service. Everyone I met was courteous.

The one drawback was the bed. The mattress was lumpy, the pillows were lumpy and the sheets felt like paper. I don't think the bedding was updated since they build the place. Luckily we lived a little over an hour away. We got in from a party at approximately 4:30am and checked out by 6:30am and drove home. We just couldn't take the bed. It put a damper our weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Location great, beds horrible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvNegril2
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I’m so sorry to hear that the bed wasn’t up to par, LuvNegril2.

If you choose Orlando in the future, please let me know. I will ensure that the bed is better.

Thanks for staying with us. Hope to hear from you in the future.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,016)

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned home today after a brilliant two week stay at the Rosen Centre Hotel for our honeymoon. We informed the staff at check in that we were on our honeymoon and so they upgraded us to a lovely large room on the top floor (24!) of the hotel with a breathtaking view of Orlando. We could see for miles across the city, when it was lit up at night it looked magical- we could even see the fireworks from the theme parks at night from our bed!

Despite being on the top floor we were never waiting long for the lift, and once inside it took no time at all to reach the top floor. The air con in the room was good- we only had a slight problem with it on our last night when it briefly stopped working but we rang down to reception who sent someone up almost immediately to fix it, which was great. The wide selection of TV channels and movies available on the modern flat screen tv was also a plus!

The pool area is very large and excellent for sunbathing as there are so many sun loungers! However, The pool bar is very expensive so unfortunately we did not have many drinks around the pool. We also found the restaurants to be rather expensive at the hotel and so we only ate there once (for breakfast) which was very tasty. We also ordered room service on the first night which was really good!

The location was fantastic, within walking distance of lots of restaurants on international drive and really close to the wallgreens supermarket which was convenient. Taxis were easily available which we took to universal studios.

One drawback was that the free shuttle the hotel provided for universal did not pick up until 11:30am! By this time the park has been open for 2 and a half hours and is really really busy! It also brings you back at around 4. Therefore we ended up having to pay for taxis there and back every day we went in order to get there for opening and beat some of the lines. I would suggest that the shuttle bus runs earlier so that guests can get there around opening time.

Overall we had a great time at Rosen Centre and would definitely recommend it. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the location was great and the hotel itself was beautiful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Purdy1990

Happy Honeymoon, Purdy1990!

I am so happy that you had the opportunity to experience our property during your stay.

Hope to see you for your anniversaries in the future!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

While volunteering at a conference I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. It is a very nice hotel and the staff are wonderful. Beds are comfortable and shower is not bad. I had a coffee machine and refrigerator in my room...only thing missing was a microwave - but one was provided in the Executive Suite where conference volunteers and staff could relax before and after our day. Had a wonderful meal at the Everglades, hotel restaurant!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Lovely pictures, dwenviro…thanks for sharing!

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Hurry back!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Being the parent of 2 teenage athletes, we are frequently in Orlando for volleyball and cheerleading events, many of which are held at the massive Orlando Convention Center. I have stayed at most of the upscale convention center properties surrounding the convention center and I find this particular property to be the best and most convenient of the bunch. Unlike the very large Hyatt Regency next door which is terribly overcrowded whenever we stay there (and lacks enough dining options for the number of guests) , the Rosen Centre is a much smaller property with acutally more food and dining options, a much more inviting layout, a nice fitness center and a nice staff . The pros - comfortable beds and cozy updated rooms, the lobby areas and food choices. The cons - some of the restaurants do not stay open late enough like the sushi and tapas areas, or do not open early enough (not before noon). While the coffe shop and the little market stays open late, many tournaments run very late which makes the food options at the hotel a little more limited.

Room Tip: The new restauant poolside was actually very good, although a tad expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

You have us blushing, David L!

Thanks for staying with us…we appreciate you!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks attending a conference. It was a very good for a convention hotel. There is a covered walkway from the 2nd floor to the convention center. The rooms were very clean, housekeeping was excellent, waiters & hotel staff were helpful. Pool was lovely and a small 2 man band played several nights of the week (when it wasn't raining). The coffee bar was very popular with many since they serve Starbucks.

I honestly don't know how much the room costs. Our conference covered the cost of the room, which included free parking and free breakfast vouchers as part of our package.

The room was very clean, 2 full sized beds with pillow top mattresses and great pillows, good internet wireless (free) and wired option (extra cost). The bathroom was set up very nicely if you are sharing a room with someone. The toilet & tub are in an enclosed area and the sink is outside the door so someone else can use it. There was also an iron, hairdryer, min frig and safe, although, no microwave. I had a pool view room which was nice. I could also see fireworks from Disney each night. A major plus was that it was QUIET!!! I never heard other guest while I was in my room and I know there were people in the rooms on either side of mine.

The daily breakfast buffet was delicious with an omlette bar, good variety of hot & cold breakfast items including eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, potatoes, grits, oatmeal, TONS of fresh fruit (whole and peeled), yogurt, toast, pastries, bagels, and cereals. I loved this aspect of the hotel. I also ate lunch at the buffet restaurant a few days, and it was good. I prefered to order from the menu instead of eating the buffet at lunchtime. The best thing is the wait staff. They are very kind, and helpful. Knowing many of us were in town for 2 weeks with no family, they often chatted and were very friendly.

The pool was very large and clean. There was a nice bar/restaurant at the pool so if you came with your family, you could watch your kids and/or have a drink while sittin there watching the pool. Great for families.

There was also a spa which I didn't really have time to use. There was also room service and a laundry service. I didn't use these services either.

If I were visiting with my family, I wouldn't have been thrilled with the $15/daily parking, breakfast that was$16 pp, and the fact that the parking lot is a schlep and a half from the main elevators through lots of convention groups displays. Also, I would have been uncomfortable in a full sized bed with my husband since we're used to a larger bed. I suppose you can ask for a king or queen if necessary, but since I was alone, that was fine. If I were coming with my family, I would have also liked to have had a microwave, although they do let you use the one in the cafe downstairs.

I would recommend this hotel for convention goers.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a pool view since you can also see Disney fireworks at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank linochat
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay linochat. We know that sometimes conventions can be exhausting and therefore we do our best to make sure that our guests have a relaxing place to return to at the end of a long day. We hope to see you back again soon. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even better!

Thank you for your review!

Samantha Matos
Social Media Concierge
Office Address: 9939 Universal Blvd. Orlando, Florida 32819
Email: Smatos@rosenhotels.com

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This three stars hotel has a five stars quality and services. The room was fresh and clean, with a great view. Professional pleasant staff. Nice pool, store that open late, and free self parking was included.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the awesome review, Watchman4u!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel and every time we visit it just gets better. We received a nice warm welcome on check-in and it was topped off when Justin (on reception) offered us the exact room we had on our last 2 week holiday. The same room number, everything. It was just a great gesture and really made a difference to our stay. The housekeeping team do an amazing job making sure the room was immaculate at all times. The new addition of Harry's Bar and Grill is well received with a lovely varied menu - the sirloin steak salad is definitely recommended. Despite it being a busy conference hotel we've never felt disadvantaged about the amount of people it accommodates. Always a parking space and sun lounger to be had. Although going home on Saturday (sad face) we're already planning our next stay here. Thank you Rosen Centre :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

You are so very welcome Siobhan A! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It makes our hearts very glad to know that you continue to have such a wonderful experience during your stay. We cannot wait to welcome you back to your Florida home on your next visit!

Safe travels, see you again soon!

Samantha Matos