“Hotel in need of refurbishment”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #146 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Fife Scotland
“Hotel in need of refurbishment”
Reviewed 14 August 2005

Found the hotel to be very dated especially the hallways. Staff at information desk and deli unhelpful and sometimes rude. Coffee cups leak. Breakfast expensive. Pool bar only opens from 12 noon. Overall we had a great holiday but would not choose the Rosen Centre next time. Rosen Cente in our opinion only 3+ star. However we were pleased with the pool area, lobby and view from our room.

4 Thank ambob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2005

Lets start:
I want to know what I paid for when I paid for my room...after having to pay for parking, calls, fitness center. We had requested a King, got a double room for my wife and I. Fitting into the tiny double bed was already hard enough, but the hard pillows didn't add any enjoyment to that. Back to the parking, the self parking was $5 a day and the garage was a good walk for my pregnant wife. The maids in the morning were LOUD. I will never stay here again. Upon checkout the clerk didn't even ask if everything was okay.

11 Thank ArmyFmly
Scotland
Reviewed 27 July 2005

My family and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of July 2005 and found it to be much better than most of the reviews we read before going.
The room was the only down side to the whole place as it was very small and did smell a little musky due to the air-con.
We asked for a refrigerator on the day of arrival ($9 per day) but nothing came! After asking again we were told that there would be one delivered right away at no charge what so ever. The pool area is massive with plenty of loungers, the bar area is really nice, but slightly expensive. We never tried the hotel restaurants as they looked very empty and expensive, but the deli was great value for money with an excellent menu.
Lots of things going on in this hotel from family reunions to fire fighters conferences, so never a dull moment.
We never found the car parking to be a problem as it was only a short walk through the hotel to the self parking garage.
We did find the walk to restaurants on International Drive a little long, but a cab was only $7 if you've had a long day in the parks and found your feet sore.
One thing that did slightly upset us was the night before we were due to check out we had our bill posted under the door and the amount was way over what we had expected. We had worked it out to be around $80 for car parking ($5 per day) and a movie ($10), but the one we received was for $165. On the itemised bill we had been charged $25 in ONE day for self parking and $28 bar bill, which was not ours along with a number of over parking charges. After speaking to the reception staff it was very quickly put right and the charge was dropped to $37.
All in all this is an excellent hotel and one I would definitely return to.

15 Thank footballalan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 July 2005

I stayed at the Rosen Center Hotel 8-13 May 05 for a conference held in the hotel. I had a standard double room, over-looking the conference center. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and the helpfulness of the staff. The conference center was very accommodating for all the meetings I attended. My room, along with the entire hotel, was very clean and very impressive, but I would not stay at this hotel again.
I paid the per diem rate of $98 a night. The regular price for the room was $350.00. My room had a desk with internet connection and a color TV with limited cable channels. That’s about it. No microwave, no mini-fridge, no sofa. I was in Orlando for a week on business and had to go out to eat for every meal. I only stayed at this hotel because I was required to for my conference.
I did not eat at the restaurants in the hotel because I thought the menu prices were outrageous. I did get lunch from the deli one day. It was a little pricey, but very good quality and reasonable because of the convenience and location to the conference center.
Also, self-parking is $5 per night and the parking garage is at the back of the hotel on the other side of the conference center. It seemed like a mile hike between my car and the elevators. Valet parking is $10 a night and in the front of the hotel. If I have to stay at this hotel for next year’s conference, I will definitely pay the extra $5 out of my pocket to get valet parking.
If you are in town for business or looking for a hotel with a large conference center, this is a great hotel.
If you are in town for a vacation, this hotel is too expensive and does not have any convenient in-room amenities.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2005

Stayed for 3 nights as a July 4th weekend getaway. The hotel is huge and bustling with conventions, weddings and other groups. The lobby and common areas are beautifully maintained. Almost every time I used the ladies room in the lobby there was a uniformed maid cleaning it. There is a bar area, coffee bar, large deli, casual restaurant and upscale restaurant. The delicious breakfast buffet in the casual restaurant includes cooked-to-order omelets, a featured dish such as cheese blintzes or potato pancakes, and the usual fare such as bacon, biscuits, eggs, fruit, cereal, bagels and more. The breakfast came with our package deal for the room but is normally $11.95 and young kids eat free. The pool area was large and beautifully landscaped with two spas and a large kiddie pool. We were put in an oversized, "non-smoking" room on the 18th floor overlooking the pool. Beautiful view but the room smelled musty and smoky. The bellhop said they could run an ionizer in the room to remove the smoke smell but we didn't take him up on it. I think the moldy smell was coming from the window a/c units. The bathroom tile grout was a bit moldy too. I'd stay here again if I found another good deal. Otherwise I prefer the Hotel Royal Plaza or if going to Disney, a Disney-owned hotel.

7 Thank LovethebeachFlorida
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 June 2005

I was just there for a conference. Beautiful lobby. My room was great & very clean. I liked the deli in the hotel, and also had buffet and fine dining. It was only < 5 min to the edge of the convention center. Also able to walk to Pointe Orlando and hop on the trolley to other restaurants and shops along International Drive. Also great location for jumping on the Hwy and heading out to sites in & around Orlando. I would definitely rec'd it. It was the nicest hotel that I stayed at for conferences thus far.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
glasgow
Reviewed 27 April 2005

we stayed in this great clean hotel for 2 weeks back in 2001. originally we had requested a smoking room however, when we checked in this had not been reserved for us. without blinking an eye the receptionist checked her computer and advised that the only smoking room available was a suite and asked if this would be ok for us. not wanting to show our excitement we mumbled that this would be fine. when we walked into the suite we couldnt believe our eyes.full kitchen, large dining area with full dining suite (and chandelier) large sofa, huge coffee table, writing desk, full entertainment system, the biggest bed in the world that pulled down from the wall and full bathroom. the finishing touch was the large wardrobe that contained an iron and ironing board. for the next 2 weeks we kept expecting someone to knock on the door and tell us we had been given the suite in error!although we didnt eat in any of the hotels restaurants we did sample the 24hr deli several times! great food, reasonable prices. the pool was cleaned every day and it was great that the hotel provided large clean towels for using at the pool. the hotel staff were very friendly and would advise of the best attractions and of places to shop and eat etc. the cleaners came in every day and our bed was changed every day. fresh towels were also left each day. we were due to fly home on the thursday but unfortunatly on the tuesday prior to this september 11th happened. the great staff still ensured that their guests had good service. although we could not get home until the following sunday we still came back with great memories of a fabulous hotel. if you want the best and dont have a budget this is a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed September 2001