“Great hotel for Universal Studios Visits”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #181 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel for Universal Studios Visits”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was a fantastic place to rest our heads after spending the day at Universal Studios. We were greeted with a stack of warm chocolate chips cookies by Linda, who was wonderful, upgraded to a room facing Universal so the kids could watch the evening firework show and then bedded down with our specially requested memory foam pillows. Never have I been checked in on so often to make sure we had everything we needed and was comfortable! Well done Hilton!
The room was very large and was showing it's age a little, but it was immaculate and had very comfy beds. I would recommend it to anyone traveling with kids or heading to the theme parks. We had dinner one night at Disney and it wasn't really a long drive back. Well worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear ChristeneH,

I am so glad to hear you had such a great time with us during your stay in Orlando. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I have shared this with Linda and it made her smile. Thank you for recognizing her!!. We all hope to see you again soon. We will keep the cookies warm for you.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Concord, MA, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Double Tree Hotel across from the Universal Studios in Orlando, FL is a great place to stay. You can't get much closer to the entrance of Universal without actually being inside. Very reasonably priced and a nice clean hotel. Staff is extremely agreable. More expensive hotels don't have a better breakfast buffet. Real orange juice and an incredible omlette station. Lots of good food. Wonderful staff too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Robert E
Dear Robert E,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review with us. I am so happy to hear that our location was so perfect for you. I have shared your comments about our staff and breakfast experience with our entire staff. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon.

Miami, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We walked to Universal both of the days we were there. We were even close enough to walk to a Walgreens and several restaurants. The hotel staff is very attentive, we even were able to buy our park tickets at the hotel for a cheaper price. The first night we were there, our wallet containing out park tickets for the whole trip got stolen in City Walk. The ticket counter at the hotel was able to reissue us tickets which was a HUGE relief. Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kristina M,

I am so happy to hear you had such a good time with us during your stay. I am glad our location was perfect for you and that our desk was able to help you when your tickets went missing. Thank you foir staying with us and for taking time to give us such a great review. I hope to see you again soon.

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Everything was great, the room, the bed, except the noise. I had 2 very loud people next door who stayed up late and got up very early. I was there for business and I woke up several times through out the night because of them. I think at the time of check-in they should ask if you would like a quiet floor because of business travel. Other than that, I thought everything was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Leann P,

I am so happy to hear that everything was so great!!. I do apologize for the noisy guests next door. I will do all I can to make sure we get you a quiet room the next time you are in town for business. Thank you for sharing your comments with me.

Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

First, the staff is professional and nice. But the hotel room itself is not. This is my first time at a Doubletree. My husband recommended it because he has stayed at others and really liked them. Well, if all Doubletrees are like this one, I won't be staying at anymore. The bathrooms are old and not remodeled. There is mold in the popcorn ceiling. The bathtub doesn't drain, I had a short shower and the water was up to my ankles. I will be calling first thing in the morning for them to fix, but that is a very big turn off for me. The bathroom is tiny with no vent fan (try staying a night with two boys and no bathroom vent fan). The paint is peeling from the walls and fixtures look like they were slapped on by a first grader, these are also rusting. The only thing that's nice is the large windows and the cute small couch. I have stayed at nicer Best Westerners than this Doubletree. There is this awful drip in the A/C unit, which happens to be in more than just this room we are staying in.

• Stayed November 2013
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Nikki66RQS,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and let us know how we are doing. I am sincerely sorry for the issues you faced with your room. There is no reason for any of ouer rooms to have issues like that and I wish I had known the first day so I could have taken care of it for you. I would love to speak with you about this if you have the time to see what I can do for you. My email address is louis.ederer@interstatehotels.com. Thank you again fior letting me know so I can make it right.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My experience was even better due to help of Front desk person, Bob. He was enlighteningly phenomenally helpful exceedingly so. Made our stay Stellar. I make sure I go to him above all for assistance. Amazing care & guest service from him.

Besides that I wish parking wasn't so expensive. I went there for the Rangerstop Convention.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Ken L
Dear Ken L,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to point out Bob's extraordinary service. I know my staff reads these all the time so your comments will certainly make their day. Thank you for the review and we all hope to see you again soon.

best regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Good place to stay, rooms are nice and clean with comfortable bed. Best quality/price ratio for an hotel located within walking distance to Universal. Would definitely recommand either for family or couples.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share a review. I certainly appreciate your comments and hopw to see you again soon.