“Great location but the devil is in tbe details.”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #169 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Great location but the devil is in tbe details.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great lobby area, easy (but expensive) parking, and very good staff.

The hotel is located direcly outside the gates of Universal Studios and near restuarants. The room was nice but the details were poor. The carpet was filthy and stained, the toilet was tilted to the right, and there was old dried blood on the sink wooden mount. The bathroom also needed some small details repaired.

Pics attached.

A positive note is that the hotel has comprehensive security on site. The room next door was having a small party securitu handled it promptly after I called.

• Stayed November 2013
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear gtraveler8001 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am sorry sorry for the issues you had with the cleanliness and condition of the room. There is no reason for the room to be anything but perfect. I have forwarded this on to our Housekeeping department to correct. I hope you will visit us again soon. please let me know when you will be traveling so I can personally handle your reservation.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Watertown, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very nice hotel with a decent price. We stayed one night when visiting Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for two days in November. The room was clean and quiet and just what we needed for resting between long days at the parks. Just make sure you get "boarding passes" (which are free) for the shuttle to the parks if you don't want to walk the 1+ mile to the gates. Great buffet breakfast, too. TGIFriday's is right across the street if you didn't want to dine at the hotel. Great location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Joanne K,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay so much and were able to relax after the long days at the park. We hope to see you again soon when you return to Orlando.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, modern and large. Full breakfast in the morning with lots of options on the buffet. Would recommend. Lots of parking and staff was very friendly. It is kitty corner to the parking garage at Universal but I would still recommend driving as it is quite a walk from parking garage to Universal.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Michael B,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy to hear you had such a great time staying with us and our location worked so well for you.I have passed on your kind words to our housekeeping staff. please come to see us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was a fantastic place to rest our heads after spending the day at Universal Studios. We were greeted with a stack of warm chocolate chips cookies by Linda, who was wonderful, upgraded to a room facing Universal so the kids could watch the evening firework show and then bedded down with our specially requested memory foam pillows. Never have I been checked in on so often to make sure we had everything we needed and was comfortable! Well done Hilton!
The room was very large and was showing it's age a little, but it was immaculate and had very comfy beds. I would recommend it to anyone traveling with kids or heading to the theme parks. We had dinner one night at Disney and it wasn't really a long drive back. Well worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear ChristeneH,

I am so glad to hear you had such a great time with us during your stay in Orlando. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I have shared this with Linda and it made her smile. Thank you for recognizing her!!. We all hope to see you again soon. We will keep the cookies warm for you.

Concord, MA, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Double Tree Hotel across from the Universal Studios in Orlando, FL is a great place to stay. You can't get much closer to the entrance of Universal without actually being inside. Very reasonably priced and a nice clean hotel. Staff is extremely agreable. More expensive hotels don't have a better breakfast buffet. Real orange juice and an incredible omlette station. Lots of good food. Wonderful staff too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Robert E
Dear Robert E,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review with us. I am so happy to hear that our location was so perfect for you. I have shared your comments about our staff and breakfast experience with our entire staff. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon.

Miami, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We walked to Universal both of the days we were there. We were even close enough to walk to a Walgreens and several restaurants. The hotel staff is very attentive, we even were able to buy our park tickets at the hotel for a cheaper price. The first night we were there, our wallet containing out park tickets for the whole trip got stolen in City Walk. The ticket counter at the hotel was able to reissue us tickets which was a HUGE relief. Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kristina M,

I am so happy to hear you had such a good time with us during your stay. I am glad our location was perfect for you and that our desk was able to help you when your tickets went missing. Thank you foir staying with us and for taking time to give us such a great review. I hope to see you again soon.

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Everything was great, the room, the bed, except the noise. I had 2 very loud people next door who stayed up late and got up very early. I was there for business and I woke up several times through out the night because of them. I think at the time of check-in they should ask if you would like a quiet floor because of business travel. Other than that, I thought everything was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Leann P,

I am so happy to hear that everything was so great!!. I do apologize for the noisy guests next door. I will do all I can to make sure we get you a quiet room the next time you are in town for business. Thank you for sharing your comments with me.