Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #184 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Oxford
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked last minute as we decided to go to Universal Studios on our last day. So glad we did. We could walk to the park (15 mins) avoiding the £15 car parking charge. The reception staff were really friendly and we could check in immediately at 9am in the morning and had a late checkout at 12pm. We also used their phone to sort an issue with the hire car - really appreciated.
The room was spacious with 2 queen beds. Lovely coffee maker, good TV and nice views from 11th floor. Bathroom could do with updating but was fine and for what we paid this was great value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear oxonpaul ,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to send us this wonderful review. We really appreciate you comments and are so happy you had such a greatr time. We hope to see you again soon.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel has a very large hall, the concert/event went with out a problem and we are very satisfied with the result and the hotel staff. Highly recommend this hotel to any body that needs to have an event like ours.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Carlos I,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so gald you had such a good time at our hotel during your event. I ope to see you again next year!!

Berkhamsted
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at this Doubletree for the first time this week, and was not sure what to expect. The excellent and warm welcome at the check in desk was most comforting, and the small gift of a warm chocolate cookie and two bottles of water was proof that the hotel cares for it's guests. The room I had was more than comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bar was well stocked providing excellent service and what thought was a great idea by probing individual speakers so you could select which of the wall mounted TV's without the sound upsetting people nearby. I only had breakfast in the morning. The selection of food on the buffet not only looked tempting but was hot where it should be, and I could help but notice that dishes were replaced before they actually ran out. The Omelette bar was run by helpful chefs who did their utmost to please. Every employee I had reason to talk too was more than pleasant, and helpful, and lived up to the badge they were wearing whit had the letters WIT, that I found out means. "whatever it takes". They certainly do that. The hotel bears testament to management's desire to go the extra mile. I have stayed at other Doubletrees, that have all been good but this one stands out on it's own

Room Tip: Stay in the tower rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MickeyGBerkhamsted,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.I am so glad you had such a great time staying with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. I hope to see you you again soon. We will keep the cookies warm for you.Please let us know when you will be returning.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel in October for the Spooky Empire convention, overall I was pretty happy with the Hotel, the rooms were always clean and staff very very friendly and helpful. Just some minor issues I saw:

My hotel room did not have a shower curtain the first night for some reason, had this taken care of the next day. Service at UNOs was really slow, took us an hour to get our order. The upper floor lobbys don't seem to have AC running, or it was set to hot. Other than that, everything was great. I did not have any major parking issues that others have reported, one time my key did not work on the gate, but a staff member answered the callbox right away and let me out with no problems.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear bmzhen1,

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us. We had an awesome time during the Spooky Empire show and cant wait until next year. Please let me know when you will be arriving for next Octobers event. We will ensure that the issues you had are corrected.

Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great lobby area, easy (but expensive) parking, and very good staff.

The hotel is located direcly outside the gates of Universal Studios and near restuarants. The room was nice but the details were poor. The carpet was filthy and stained, the toilet was tilted to the right, and there was old dried blood on the sink wooden mount. The bathroom also needed some small details repaired.

Pics attached.

A positive note is that the hotel has comprehensive security on site. The room next door was having a small party securitu handled it promptly after I called.

• Stayed November 2013
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear gtraveler8001 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am sorry sorry for the issues you had with the cleanliness and condition of the room. There is no reason for the room to be anything but perfect. I have forwarded this on to our Housekeeping department to correct. I hope you will visit us again soon. please let me know when you will be traveling so I can personally handle your reservation.

Watertown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very nice hotel with a decent price. We stayed one night when visiting Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for two days in November. The room was clean and quiet and just what we needed for resting between long days at the parks. Just make sure you get "boarding passes" (which are free) for the shuttle to the parks if you don't want to walk the 1+ mile to the gates. Great buffet breakfast, too. TGIFriday's is right across the street if you didn't want to dine at the hotel. Great location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Joanne K,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay so much and were able to relax after the long days at the park. We hope to see you again soon when you return to Orlando.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, modern and large. Full breakfast in the morning with lots of options on the buffet. Would recommend. Lots of parking and staff was very friendly. It is kitty corner to the parking garage at Universal but I would still recommend driving as it is quite a walk from parking garage to Universal.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Michael B,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy to hear you had such a great time staying with us and our location worked so well for you.I have passed on your kind words to our housekeeping staff. please come to see us again soon.