Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #184 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
WAKEFIELD
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Doubletree, we found the room to be clean but we had a damp smell in the room, we reported this to the cleaner, within minutes we had someone round to spray fragrance in the room, this cleared the smell for a night, but it was back the next day. The rooms were large, with 2 double beds. We had breakfast the next morning in the hotel, we were charged $34 for 2 people, which we found was terrible value for money. At the evening we had 2 glasses of Bud Light at the hotel bar, we were charged $16 for this, very expensive when next door in TGI Fridays the same drinks were only $4 each.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear yorkscouple,

I would like to thank you for sharing your stay with us. I truly appreciate all of your feedback. I have passed your comments on to Housekeeping and food and beverage so we can work on these issues and make them better. I hope to see you again when you return to Orlando.

Best regards,

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I decided to take a quick trip to warmer weather and visit Universal. We were very pleased with the location and staff at this hotel. We had a room facing Universal. It was too bad that it closed earlier due to the season. Would have loved to see the lights from all the rides.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David F,

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your get away vacation. I am so glad you had such great time. let us know when you will be joining us again and I will get that Universal view room ready for you.

waukesha, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

the price didn't match the hotel or the poor food. the breakfast buffet was horrible except for the omelettes, even the fruit had no taste. you would think i was staying at a Days inn not a Hilton!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Bob D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. I am truly sorry for the issues you had with breakfast. I have shared this with the chef and kitchen so they can do everything to ensure this does not happen again. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Orlando.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night in early November.

Loved how close we were to Universal and the I-4 highway.

Diamon upgrade was a free breakfast in the morning that was very good. Would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Rachel G,

Thank you for staying with us and being a Diamond member, we really appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Please come back and see us soon!!

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I couldn't have picked a better place. At first glance the hotel seemed huge but it really is quite easy to get around. The restaurants & pool are closer that they appear. Check-in was a breeze as was check-out. The only item that I thought was an issue is that guests must pay to park. I want to give a great big thank you to Nigel, hotel manager, and Joseph Teano, security for all their assistance. I had an accident (no fault of the hotel) in my bathroom and they were very accommodating, thoughtful and truly looked out for me-providing all types of assistance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Monica L
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Monica L,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am so happy you had such a great time here and were able to enjoy our pool. I have sharedyou wonderful comments with Nigel and Joe and it made their day. We hope to see you again really soon.

new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

An older, but well kept property that's really in a great location right next to the park. Although they charge for parking, even though their lot is huge and should be free, you save a lot of money by being able to walk into the park. The hotel has a starbucks, another restaurant or two, and the breakfast buffet was staffed by very nice personnel. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear globalguy636,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you had an overall good experience with us and our location worked so well for you. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. We all hope to see you again the next time you are in Orlando.

Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked last minute as we decided to go to Universal Studios on our last day. So glad we did. We could walk to the park (15 mins) avoiding the £15 car parking charge. The reception staff were really friendly and we could check in immediately at 9am in the morning and had a late checkout at 12pm. We also used their phone to sort an issue with the hire car - really appreciated.
The room was spacious with 2 queen beds. Lovely coffee maker, good TV and nice views from 11th floor. Bathroom could do with updating but was fine and for what we paid this was great value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear oxonpaul ,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to send us this wonderful review. We really appreciate you comments and are so happy you had such a greatr time. We hope to see you again soon.