Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #180 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“Enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and loved every moment of it. The proximity to Universal was the best part. We actually walked the distance at one point since it was a nice evening for a walk. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. Yes, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early and look for deals.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear travelingcebuano ,

Thank you so much for staying and for sharing this very nice review with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your vacation and you found our location so perfect. I agree the walk over is very nice. We all hope to see yopu again soon, please let us know your are coming.

Best regards,

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Pros:
1. Good location (close to downtown, Universal, and Disney). Very short distance from major shopping malls and strip malls.
2. Easy checkin (less than 3 mins) where they gave us warm choc chip cookies. (it seems like every review is mentioning this, so I'll go with the flow!)
3. Clean and almost modern furnishings. Beds were clean and cosy with enough pillows for side support. Mattress was on the not-so-firm side.. for a side sleeper this may give you a stiff back in the morning. But it was firmer than most other hotels.
4. Room had fridge, but not microwave.

Cons:
1. Bathtub leaked a little water onto the bath room floor after each shower.. They need to redo their plumbing / sealants.
2. They charge $9.99 per day of parking.
3. They dont have a common kitchen or convenience area where guests can microwave their left over dinners..this would be a nice to have considering the room didnt have a microwave.
4. Their window blinds dont close all the way, it leaves gaps and not very comforting.
5. The airconditioner vent is located up on the wall and blasts air right onto one of the beds. This totally varies by person, but I find it hard to sleep with a blast of air in my face all night. Thankfully it was a double queen room, and I slept in the other bed.

Overall, good value for money, and convenience, but Doubletree can do some maintenance.

Dear BayTraveler13 ,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sending in a great review. I really appreciate you letting me know of the challenges you faced so I may correct them. I have shared them with our engineering and housekeeping managers. I was happy to hear yuou enjoyed our room, location and of course the Cookie. ( it is all about the cookie after all). Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

WAKEFIELD
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Doubletree, we found the room to be clean but we had a damp smell in the room, we reported this to the cleaner, within minutes we had someone round to spray fragrance in the room, this cleared the smell for a night, but it was back the next day. The rooms were large, with 2 double beds. We had breakfast the next morning in the hotel, we were charged $34 for 2 people, which we found was terrible value for money. At the evening we had 2 glasses of Bud Light at the hotel bar, we were charged $16 for this, very expensive when next door in TGI Fridays the same drinks were only $4 each.

Dear yorkscouple,

I would like to thank you for sharing your stay with us. I truly appreciate all of your feedback. I have passed your comments on to Housekeeping and food and beverage so we can work on these issues and make them better. I hope to see you again when you return to Orlando.

Best regards,

Wilmington, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I decided to take a quick trip to warmer weather and visit Universal. We were very pleased with the location and staff at this hotel. We had a room facing Universal. It was too bad that it closed earlier due to the season. Would have loved to see the lights from all the rides.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David F,

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your get away vacation. I am so glad you had such great time. let us know when you will be joining us again and I will get that Universal view room ready for you.

waukesha, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

the price didn't match the hotel or the poor food. the breakfast buffet was horrible except for the omelettes, even the fruit had no taste. you would think i was staying at a Days inn not a Hilton!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Bob D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. I am truly sorry for the issues you had with breakfast. I have shared this with the chef and kitchen so they can do everything to ensure this does not happen again. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Orlando.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night in early November.

Loved how close we were to Universal and the I-4 highway.

Diamon upgrade was a free breakfast in the morning that was very good. Would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Rachel G,

Thank you for staying with us and being a Diamond member, we really appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Please come back and see us soon!!

Best Regards,

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I couldn't have picked a better place. At first glance the hotel seemed huge but it really is quite easy to get around. The restaurants & pool are closer that they appear. Check-in was a breeze as was check-out. The only item that I thought was an issue is that guests must pay to park. I want to give a great big thank you to Nigel, hotel manager, and Joseph Teano, security for all their assistance. I had an accident (no fault of the hotel) in my bathroom and they were very accommodating, thoughtful and truly looked out for me-providing all types of assistance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Monica L
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Monica L,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am so happy you had such a great time here and were able to enjoy our pool. I have sharedyou wonderful comments with Nigel and Joe and it made their day. We hope to see you again really soon.