Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #181 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Torquay
“As expected”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Typical Orlando chain hotel, don't expect character or individuality - these are money making machines run on a formula, but that's the same with most of the hotels around here.
+ Clean, efficiently run, reasonably modern, friendly staff, free WiFi that worked well, close to Universal parks. Warm cookie on arrival a nice touch. Comfortable beds. Large bedrooms. Nice pool, spa and gym.
- Breakfast $17pp, overpriced and not worth it - plenty of places within walking distance where it is half that. You have to pay for parking $9.99 a day. Safe not big enough to take my laptop.
All in all though this hotel is what we expected and it met our needs. It is an easy walk to Universal or there is a free shuttle bus.

Room Tip: They will all be identical
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Ian1970,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your comments. I am glad that we met all of your needs during your stay with us. I look forward to having your back again during your next visit to Orlando. We will have the warm cookies waiting for you.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is lovely, spacious and rooms the same. Little bit out off International Drive if thats where your main focus is. Whilst being at entrance to Universal, the Tram will carry you from many stops on International Drive for maybe 1 or 2 dollars. Would prefer the next time to stay ON International drive and get tram up to Universal.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jess S,

Thank you so much for your review. I am trully glad you enjoyed our rooms. We hope that you will vivit us again when you come to Orlando.

Miami, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Yes, there are better hotels and worse hotels. Price varies and so does service and amenities. If you're going to visit the Universal parks, this is the place to stay for me and my family. You can probably walk over to the park if you wanted to, but with the family it was easier to drive. You can spend more money and stay at a nicer place (which we have, we've stayed the various Lowe's hotels - which are outstanding!) however, for the price you can't beat this. We paid $100/night and it was great. Great service, room was clean and as described. Free wifi and WARM COOKIES at check-in. Hope that helps. For background, I've stayed at Lowe's, Marriot's, Mandarin Oriental, etc... I think for the price, this works just fine. The bar in the lobby always had a nice vibe too! Cool for family or just chilling at the bar. Enjoy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Alejandro V,

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with. I am so happy that you feel that we are one of the best hotels for the price near Universal. I am so glad you enjoyed our rooms and service. Please hurry back and see us again soon, we will have the Warm Cookies waiting for you!!

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Everyone was super nice, had a great time. I wish the onsite Starbucks would stay open past 3pm since check in is at 4pm. I couldn't understand why you would have the establishment in the hotel if it was not available during normal hours.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Amber C,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy you had such a great time. I really appreciate the comments about the staff, I have shared them with everyone. I have also passed on your comments about our Starbucks hours to the management. We all hope to see you again soon.

best regards,

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Being an Honors member where else would we stay.....this location was purrrrrrrfect for our Orlando visit. Entire place was very clean and well kept, staff was very polite, greeted as we entered, and of course offered the "Cookies". Would definitely recommend this location for a great value.
**the only thing that made no sense was having to pay to park in a 1/2 full parking lot during the week... I guess it prevents Universal guests from using the lot, but that's the only thing that was trivial.....

Room Tip: High floor facing Universal
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear lifesavr65 ,

Thank you so much for being a Hilton Hhonors member and for staying with us on your last visit to Orlando. I was so happy to hear that you had such a Purrrrrrfect stay! I have shared this review with our entire staf and we are all looking forward to having you back soon.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Not an impressive hotel. The rooms are dated and could really use a remodel. The meeting rooms were okay, but not as nice as other hotels in the area. The food was consistently poor throughout the week, which I feel is just one more indicator as to the state of this facility. Regarding the staff, they were very friendly and every interaction I had with one of them was very positive.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Rob K,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our property. I truly appreciate that you took the time to share comments about our stay. I have shared this with our management team. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and have shared this with them. We all hope to see you again very soon.