Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #184 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Pensacola, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a hotel room for a bachelorette party, and while we had a fun weekend and a pleasant stay, there are definitely some things that could be improved on. Bob was very helpful at check in, but it is an act of congress to get a luggage cart, and the bellman has to stay with the cart at all times. After check in, we were pointed in the right direction to get a luggage cart. This bellman told us to go back outside and just ask someone else. Next, our neighbors were extremely loud with small children. You think bachelorette and that we're supposed to be the loud ones.....nope, we had a wake up call at 7 am both mornings. Sunday morning, another act of congress was passed to get another luggage cart with a lazy bellman who couldn't been point me in the right direction towards the ATM....it is a silly scam to force their bellman to be tipped. There is no point in making a bellman be present the whole time with the cart. At least make the bellman provide excellent service with this policy. Location is PERFECT and parks are walking distance.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chels M
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Chels M,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your bachelorette party. I am glad you had such a good time and found our location to be perfect. I am sorry there were issues with the bellstaff and carts. I have passed this review on to the management to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you letting us know so we can correct it. I have also shared your nice comments about Bob with everyone, thank you for taking the time to recognize him. We hope to see you again soon.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paso Robles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The location is excellent if you are going to Universal Studios. The food and service at Carnival are wonderful and the value is excellent. The rooms are large and and Roomy. We used the workout facility everyday and it was very clean and spacious.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Howard M
Dear Howard M,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Carnivale Restaurant,our rooms and our service. Thank you for staying with us and please come back soon.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I like how spacious the rooms were and so clean! The bed was quite comfortable. There are several shelves in the bathroom for laying out your stuff, which I found accomodating and very unique. I don't think I've seen this in this type of hotel before. The customer service is fantastic! They really bend over backwards to help you out. A guy at the front desk spent at least a half hour on my laptop trying to resolve an issue I had, and even called a technician on the phone to help out. (This was an issue I was having before I arrived.) When it could not be resolved, there were plenty of computers for use in the business center which I utilized. I enjoyed the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. The conference center was nice. Everything everywhere was very clean. There were several restaurants to choose from close by. My tuna sandwhich from the deli was fresh and healthy. It was nice to have a Starbucks on the property with coffee & oatmeal to go. And last but not least, the warm cookies were a nice treat! I went back for seconds! : )

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Teri J
Dear Teri J,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Doubletree Universal. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and friendly service. I have shared your nice comments about the front desk agent who helped you with your computer with all our staff. We are all so glad you had such a good time and are looking forward to having you back soon. We will keep the cookies warm for you!!

North Warren, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of it's proximity to Universal Studios Orlando. We would definitely stay here again!. Clean rooms and public areas, friendly staff and a good value for the price. Had a few minor issues with the room keys and they were handled quickly and efficiently by the staff. This property has a Starbucks and a bar just off the lobby. Free shuttle to the theme park made for an easy commute.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gregory D,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your trip to Universal Studios. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, service and location so much. I am sorry about the issue with the keys but glad we were able to fix it so quickly. We look forward to having you back again. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I don't sleep very well so when I was awakened by my alarm at 7:00 a.m., I was pleasantly surprised to have slept through the night and with no back ache! It was easy to navigate to the conference rooms and all staff were graciously helpful. It is very easy to get to and from this location from I-4. The media equipment was excellent; microphones and videos without any glitches. We didn't eat onsite but rather at TGIF and Miller's Ale House both within a short walking distance. I look forward to staying there again and have already booked for the next meeting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Susan S,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing this review. I know how important a good night sleep is and am so happy to hear of your experience. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms, location and meeting amenities. We are so happy to hear you will be back soon.

Harrison City, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed from January 29th to February 2nd in room 222. We were told prior to arrival that you could walk to Universal. Um no. You would have to cross 8 lanes of highway and walk another almost mile in traffic. There is a shuttle but the last one back to the hotel is 730. When the park closes at 700 its almost impossible to make. So a cab back is about $1 per person. This is on top of paying $14 per day plus tax to park. Funny thing is the parking gate stated they are charged $8 per day if you didn't have a room key! So they charge almost double for their own guests to park! I've been to a few offsite hotels from the parks and have never paid to park!
But the worst part was the room. It was filthy. It looked like people walked on the walls and the shower tile was full of mold. The room smelled moldy and hallway smelled like cat pee. One night there was a roach in the bathroom. I called the front desk to notify. Someone came up picked up with a wash cloth flushed it and walked out. Nothing said no apology not even a cookie!
I would avoid at all costs. I am HHOnors member and was VERY disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Gino5044
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Gino5044,

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a loyal rewards member. Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we're taking your feedback seriously. We're working with our staff and a local pest control company to address the issues you mentioned and someone from our hotel will be in contact with you shortly to follow up.

Kind regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Husband and I checked in Jan 24th 2014 our first time at this property and probably our last. As a couple we were not able to get a king size bed because the hotel has more rooms with 2 queens size beds, front desk informed me they cater more to families than couples. Upon arriving at our room it smelled musty, big stains on carpet, bathroom dated. We stayed two nights, don't think I could have stayed any longer. Location within walking distance to Universal Studio/City Walk also lots of restaurants close to the hotel. Starbucks in the hotel lobby but they do close by 3PM. Very friendly staff from front desk to doorman. Great chocolate chip cookies they give you when you check in. Shuttles do run on a schedule you have to make a reservation keep in mind they only run about 4 in the morning and a few in the evening from Universal to hotel.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Millana T
Dear Millana T,

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your room. There is no reason for your room to have been anything but perfect. I forwarded this to our Housekeeping and engineering stafs so they could immediately check the room and fix the issues you reported. Thank you so much for letting me know about this so I could correct it. I am happy to hear you found our staff friendly and our location good. Please let me know the next time you are visiting Orlando so I may personally check your accomodations for you.