“2014 State Championship”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #159 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The service, the rooms, the facilities were excellent. The food although very good and convenient was pricey. The shuttle service to and from Universal was spotty, it wasn't run by the hotel, but you could try to walk it or a $5 cab was reasonable. Walking distance to restaurants and Walgreens. Valet service was very responsive, Early checkin was available at no charge.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear GiGiBell,

I am so glad to hear you had such an excellent time staying with us. Thank you so much for your review, We really appreciate all the feedback. I forwarded your comments about the shuttle to Universal studios. please come back and see us again soon.

best regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were SO impressed with this hotel! Super friendly staff, super accommodating, outright obviously wanted to please. Everyone we encountered went out of their way to make sure we had anything we needed. I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again! We drove 1300 miles from Michigan to go to our niece's wedding and had a horrible experience at the hotel where the wedding guests stayed in Deerfield Beach. It was So refreshing to have a 180 degree turnaround at this hotel. Nothing to complain about here...

Dear Daniel E,

I am so happy to hear what an excellent experience you had at our hotel!! Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff, I have shared this with all of them. We really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you during your trip and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This property is one of the best in terms of the combination of proximity to Universal Orlando (10 minute walk - don't bother waiting for a shuttle, etc) and amenities. Superb pool and staff is very friendly.

Only disappointment was the rather officious and unfriendly concierge whom we approached to purchase tix to the theme park. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive, but the chef is strangely forbidding and reminds one of the soup-Nazi from the Seinfeld episodes.

The property is not a young one and obviously sees a lot of traffic - so don't expect it to have a glistening new feel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear BradyBuck,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed our location and our amenities and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. I have forwarded your comments on to Universal studios concerning the concierge and our Food and Beverage manager. I really appreciate you letting us know how we can improve. Please come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Pros: Friendly staff and nice property. Cons:Had a noisy room in a hall with a hundred screaming adolescents right next to the elevator. Pounding on the walls all evening and night and the sound of elevator dings. Waited excessively long to ride the elevator. Rom was small and in need of updating.

Dear RBarry T,

Thank you so much for sharing this review with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff but AI would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you had with the noise in the hotel. There is no reason for that to have happened and I appreciate you letting us know so we may work harder to prevent that in the future. Please come back and see us again the next time you visit Orlando. I will have a nice quiet room waiting for you.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very good hotel, with all ammunities, such as swimming poole, spa, game room and meeting rooms. It is perfectly located within Orlando touristic area, very close to Universal Studios. We can recommend it for families and/or business stay. Personnel is also very Professional and Customer-oriented.

Dear Denis L,

I am so happy to hear how much you liked our location and our amenities. Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing this review. On behalf our entire team, please come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was very pleased with my stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The only thing is that they don't have continental breakfast and this I wasn't pleased. My son and His other classmates had to pay $23 for breakfast which I thought was ridiculous. The stay was good....

Dear Wanda M,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am so happy you had a good time. I have forwarded your comments on the continental breakfast on to our Food and beverage managers. I really appreciate your feedback.

best regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed here while in FL to catch some Spring Training games. The hotel was close to many attractions (Universal, Disney, Sea World) and located close to the highway, which was ideal for our two day trips to Lakeland (Go Tigers!)
The staff was very helpful and kind... The valet was quick and friendly too. The room was clean and spacious. My only complaint was after 3pm.. You can't get much sun out by the pool, as the building blocks most of the suns rays. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay.
I also highly recommend visiting Universal (so close you could walk) We had so much fun there, especially at CityWalk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear MacKenzie28,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. I am so happy to hear that you had such a good time staying here and were able to enjoy our location and amenities. Please come back and see us the next time you visit Orlando.