“Better than other reviewers made it seem”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #161 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a conference at the Lowes Pacifica and got the double tree for half the cost. It is a 15 minute to Universal City Walk / park and it was a $5 cab or 25 minute walk to the Lowes Pacifica. Staff was super friendly and helpful, they have warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk on demand, and a Starbucks on site! The rooms were clean, have a fridge and coffee maker, tons of closet space and a nice flat screen tv. The deli is average at best, the hotel bar is nice, and the pool is also really nice. TGIF Fridays next door and Universal Help desk right in the lobby. I am so glad we stayed here. Would like to come back and bring my family. If you are looking for a great option with easy access to Universal you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Lampmode,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. I am so happy to hear what a wonderful stay you had with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our rooms, location and staff. Please come back soon and bring your family with you. Let us know when you will be coming back so we can block your room for you.

Louis

There are newer reviews for Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel will always have my business based on their commitment to great service. Throughout our stay the hotel staff went above and beyond to provide a great stay for my family.

Checkin: I was able to check in very quickly even with a busy lobby and the HHonors desk upgraded my room based on the Diamond Status. The Girls love the cookies (After so many over the years I know to stay away but they are delicious).

Room: Our suite was clean and well maintained. The decor is a little dated but not tattered and dirty. We could see Universal from our window and since I traveled with my wife and two kids, the space in the suite made the stay more enjoyable.

Food: They have quick service food as well as a bar & Grill. We only used the restaurant for breakfast but the staff was great, providing made to order eggs, waffles, and assorted other breakfast items.

Pool: Spacious and clean. What more do you need?

I am a huge fan of this property and anything we lacked by not staying at a resort style property Doubletree made up for with a welcoming staff. I suggest you save some money (Use it for Butter beer and souvenirs and stay here instead!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1803

Dear ncsoo7,

Wow!!Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am so happy to hear what a wonderful time you had at our hotel.I have shared this with our entire hotel staff. Thank you for recognizing them. We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent a week recently at the Doubletree, it's not the first time we've been and we were very happy we went back. We're Hilton Honors Diamond Members but we booked through an agent as we got it much cheaper, although we didn't get a room upgrade and hilton points we were really pleased to get some of the Hilton benefits.
Rooms are large and comfortable, we didn't have any problems at all. Went for breakfast every morning which we enjoyed, servers and supervisors always greeted us in a friendly and polite manner, particularly Vin who came across to shake our hands even when we weren't on his tables. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the freshly cooked steak no eggs every morning!
Didn't eat at the restaurant as there were others close with more atmosphere, there are restaurants a couple of minutes walk away and it is an easy walk to Universal and City Walk, we didn't hardly use the car.
We enjoyed the pool area, nice and quiet most if the day, only complaint was that the pool towels are tiny and you need loads of them to cover the chair.
I would probably have given this hotel top marks apart from a couple of things, bar prices are ridiculously expensive - even in happy hour, there was no atmosphere in the bar as hardly anyone went in there with the prices. Air conditioning is really noisy, my bed was right next to the unit and it woke me up several times. Other than that everything was great - we'll be back!

Dear karensolihull,

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us a again and for sharing this review with us.I am so happy to hear what a wonderful time you had. Thank you for your comments about Vin, he is truly one of the best and I have shared this with him and his coworkers.On behalf of our entire team, please come back soon, we all look forward to it.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff was very informative and helpful. The room was clean. Hot tub was awesome. Very much enjoyed our stay. Parking is not free which is a bummer. But your literally a 20 minute walk into City Walk and Universal Resort. We had an amazing view.

Dear Cassandra D,

I am so glad to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed your view from your room. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share this review. please come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

As always with former stays at Doubletree Hotels, the hotel was beautiful, staff friendly and we enjoyed our visit. It was an excellent value and wonderful being across the street from the entrance to Universal Studios

Dear Karen S,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear how wonderful your stay was and that you enjoyed our location. please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Orlando Florida and would go again in a heartbeat. The Hotel is in the best location possible to visit Universal for the price difference. Other hotel are closer ..but come with a healthy increase. The Hotel is not quite a 4 star but could easily be one with updates to old rooms and few of those patrons dollars put back into facility. The deli had great late night sandwichs but TGI friday is across the street for a bigger variety. If you see this post please do use the paid shuttle service offered at hotel. This will save you a hundred a day if traveling frequent. Taxi cab tries to drive you in circles to rack up big fares. Even watched GPS on phone ... Awful crooks! Shuttle at hotel will take you to disney for 15 dollars each round trip to Disney. Wow that is great compared to the 60 each way in taxi. Not 4 star but could be with with updates and something for house keeping to work with( old rooms).

Room Tip: Great Breakfast buffet... Try omelets ...Fabulous!! only catch 20.00 per person....but worth it to m...
2  Thank Stoney Y
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Stoney Y,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our entire management staff. I really appreciate you giving us ideas on how to improve to better meet your needs. I am also looking into the taxi situation. I thank you for letting me know. We all hope to see you again the next time you visit Orlando.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice people, very good rooms. Near from Universal parks. Recommended. Sorry for copy and paste the same words down here, but no time enough to write down here.Nice people, very good rooms. Near from Universal parks. Recommended. Sorry for copy and paste the same words down here, but no time enough to write down here.

Dear Lucas G,

I am so happy you had such a good time, thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it.
Please come back the next time you are in Orlando.