“Great Location for Universal”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #182 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Little Torch Key, Florida
“Great Location for Universal”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed there as part of a Hilton Vacation Package.

I found the room to be pleasant, except there were no towels in the bathroom when I got there. This was addressed and I received my towels very quickly.

The bed was very comfortable. The food court was a good place to grab a snack or meal. I did take advantage of Starbucks in the Lobby, as there are no Starbucks where I live. It was only a $5.00 cab ride to and from Universal. So, no hassle with parking.

It was cloudy and rainy for the days there, so I did not get use of the pool area, although it looked great. I saw, but had not opportunity to use any of the other amenities.

I discovered when I got home that I had left a drawer full of clothing and other items in the room. I called the next day and they found the items and were sending it to me via FEDEX (unfortunately at my own expense). After all I did make the mistake of leaving the stuff in the room.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank GoneTropical

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Spring Hill, Fl
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a 3 star hotel that caters to tourists due to its proximity to Universal.
We spent one night in room 1633 in the north tower. The overall condition of the room was good the carpet was not worn or stained and the sofa seemed virtually new.
The king sized bed was very comfortable with no body prints.
The bathroom was large and nice without being special in any way.

Toiletries were one category above basic. All in all a pleasant room at a good price.

Room Tip: the Starbucks is located across the hall from the north tower elevators and in addition to great cof...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have been coming here for years to celebrate our anniversary and they never disappoint us. Louis (?sp) is an exceptional manager and he makes sure everything is perfect for our stay. Check-in is always seamless, from the warm cookies to the pleasant greetings. Our room was beautiful, there are no bad views. The room is clean and the housekeeping staff is friendly and helpful. Although the breakfast buffet is a little pricey ($18pp) the food is much better than any other local restaurants and therefore-worth it. The pool and Jacuzzi are clean and large enough to feel like you are in your own space. Although there was a large convention going on we never felt that we were in a crowd.There are plenty of outside chairs and even shade for when the sun is a little too much. We will continue to spend our anniversary here for many years to come.

Room Tip: West facing rooms will see the Universal fireworks nightly, east facing rooms see the Orlando city s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ocala, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When I arrived to check-in at 3pm, my reserved room was not available. The customer service agent worked quickly to resolve this issue and ended up giving me the room I originally wanted to book. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of as a valued guest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Christopher T
Winnipeg
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We'd happily stay there again. Booked it through Universal as part of a package. Parking was extra. Everyone loves the cookies. Location is great, easy walk to the parks. Good beds, pillows, wifi, A/C. Clean room and common areas. Didn't try out the restaurants except for breakfast buffet one day - decent although adult price a little hard to swallow. It's the average self-serve buffet that came free with our room at Hampton Inn the week before, although it had an expanded hot section and an omelette station. Pool and hot tub was so welcome after our first day at the park. Nice big pool towels that somehow stayed warm.

About the only drawbacks were the number of pillows and towels. Two beds and four people, yet only three sets of towels and six pillows. Promptly rectified when we called but we had to call each day for the towels since only three got replaced.

Wife is used to a smaller Doubletree in Connecticut where she stays regularly. She's fine with both but ranks this one slightly less, perhaps due to the difference in size. Both are five stars as far as I'm concerned.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank KeeGee
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean and large rooms. Bathroom linens were never compete, attractions desk staff was very rude, and the poolside bartender was never there. Nice simple pool but by orlando standards it was nothing special. Charges overnight guests to park.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Katrina D
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree for 2 nights ( 17th/18thJune 2014), as part of our Holiday in Florida. From the moment we arrived we found the staff extremely professional and charming. At the booking in desk we were greeted by a lady named Linda, from New York, who could not have been more helpful and professional. This included providing my wife and I with a cookie each upon arrival!! The room we stayed in was ideal for our needs. It was clean and well furnished. The bathroom was well stocked, and the hotel provided two bottles of water each day for free. The beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel also provides free Wi-Fi and internet access. The hotel is quite large and provides numerous eating and drinking venues - albeit my wife and I did not try out the eating facilities due to prior arrangements. Overall the hotel was an ideal base to start our holiday in Florida. I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple