“Nice room but poor service.”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #168 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Sydney, Australia
“Nice room but poor service.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The view from the room was the motorway and outlet stores. Tried to get a universal view room but was unable to even though I was a diamond member. I have stayed over 150 times at Hilton properties and have never came across such unhappy staff. Unsure if there is a problem at this hotel to make the staff so surely and unhappy. The girl in the restaurant spent most of her time talking to staff out the back leaving the desk unmanned, it was an imposition to be served, one day she stood by the table and waved her hands to come over and didn't speak just showed us he table and left. We come to Orlando every year from Australia and thought we would try this Doubletree on this occasion, never again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank David B
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear David B,

We apologize for the unpleasant service experience you had. As a loyal guest of our brand and valued rewards member, we sincerely appreciate your honest feedback. We want our guests to feel welcome with our warm hospitality and ensure that we're doing our best to anticipate their needs. Additional training will be offered to ensure we're doing our best to be at our best. We hope that you'll consider staying with us again next year and allowing us to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is a convention center. Within walking distance to restaurants and Universal Studios. Friendly staff. Starbucks located in lobby. Ice cream shop and pizza shop located on premises. We stayed on the 9th floor with a corner room. It was very quiet and roomy for the four of us. My pet peeve was the elevators. They were too slow considering the number of people staying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank luv2trvl94
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have never booked a hotel through a third party vendor in the past, but I did this time. It was an app that will book THE DAY only of your stay...nothing ahead of time. So I grabbed the room for a good price instead of doing my usual peck and hunt on tripadvisor for the best bang for my buck. I knew it was a Hilton so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

After booking 3 nights and leaving for this hotel in about 2 hours I read Tripadvisor and by some of these reviews I thought I'd be walking into the hotel from The Shining. Please said there was blood on walls, no air etc etc.

So I wrote Luis the manager (he replies to many posts on here). He assured me my room would be very clean. WHen I arrived I was so happy that my room was just perfect. He even gave me an allergy free room. All hallways had air, my room was clean and the air was great. Housekeeping did their job well. The doors bang a bit and that does add noise, but it wasn't something I was upset about.
I wasn't there for any theme parks; just to see friends.

What I loved: I'm a Chicago native that has lived in Naples, FL for 14 years. There is an Uno's Pizza right on the resort property! But, I'm more of a Giordano's lover, so we had that delivered (like 5 minutes away)!!! I haven't had a Giordano's stuffed in years. It was amazing!!!!

But honestly, this hotel is not horrible. The staff is nice, the place is clean and it's great for families. The pool and pool bar was nice as well.

Please remember that this is the LESS EXPENSIVE chain of Hilton hotels. It's not a top of the line Hilton...it's a Doubletree. It's like there are Marriott's, then less expensive versions. So I'm not sure why some people were so angry with their stay???

I recommend staying here for any reason.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank fififarley
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent location for people spending time in Universal Studio´s and other theme parks around, nice environment in public areas but the room we had was VERY basic with dirty and dented walls, sheets and shower looked clean do.

If you are driving a car, parking space is very limited and it is confusing to get out after we checked out. Service was average, good when we checked-in because we received warm chocolate chip cookies but bad because we needed to ask for our receipt after we pay the check, the lady in front desk never had the intention to give me my receipt until I asked.

1 Thank Gabriela M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with helpful staff and numerous choices for food options. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms are a good size. The only negative is that the hotel is a 1/2 mile walk to Universal, so don't be deceived by the statement that it is at the "entrance to Universal." It is as close as you can get, but still a 15 minute walk. I still would stay here again as other than that, I was extremely happy with my experience. There is a limited shuttle to Universal which helps if you can take it at least one way.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank 143stevenm
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel was a huge disappointment. We had 4 people staying in one room but 2 sets of towels daily. We had to call down for more every day. The room service food was good but the ability to contact room service was horrible. No one at the front desk knew how to contact them either. Breakfast was the worst. All you can eat breakfast buffet that costs $22 per person. Did not know that until after we got our food and started eating. $92 for one breakfast that wasn't that great to start with. $15 per day to park your car in the hotel lot. Not $15 for the trip. $15 per day! Where else would you park your car, so we were stuck. I ended up with $200 in extra charges on my bill as a result of all these problems. We will never stay there again. I could have put out the extra funds and stayed in an on site hotel. HUGE disappointment for a short vacation.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank 393michelep
Little Torch Key, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed there as part of a Hilton Vacation Package.

I found the room to be pleasant, except there were no towels in the bathroom when I got there. This was addressed and I received my towels very quickly.

The bed was very comfortable. The food court was a good place to grab a snack or meal. I did take advantage of Starbucks in the Lobby, as there are no Starbucks where I live. It was only a $5.00 cab ride to and from Universal. So, no hassle with parking.

It was cloudy and rainy for the days there, so I did not get use of the pool area, although it looked great. I saw, but had not opportunity to use any of the other amenities.

I discovered when I got home that I had left a drawer full of clothing and other items in the room. I called the next day and they found the items and were sending it to me via FEDEX (unfortunately at my own expense). After all I did make the mistake of leaving the stuff in the room.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo