“Very Enjoyable Visit!”

Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #159 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was a little uneasy after reading a few reviews here about our stay at the Doubletree Universal. As it ended up, we had a very nice 5 day stay. This is really quite a place. Let me start off by saying how impressed we were with Vinh, our server in the breakfast buffet. He paid attention to detail, went out of the way to be sure we were happy, anticipated our needs, and all with such a nice smile. He was awesome! Our room was a standard room with 2 beds, and yes, the beds seemed a little small, but we are used to a King Sized bed. The bed was very comfortable and had a nice cruise-like comforter. My husband was glad we got to cuddle more! The room had new carpet I believe. There is some minor wear on the room we had, but not serious. Very clean! Good service everywhere! The bar/restaurant named Carnivale was very nice as well. We tried the nachoes, boneless Thai chicken wings. Both were very good. The cheeseburgers ($15) are delicious!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carolgentry
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear carolgentry,

I am so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had staying with us. Thank you so much for your comments about Vinh, he truly is a star. We shared this with him and it made his day!! We all hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was exactly what we needed and the location was even better than expected. As we were only staying in Orlando for a few nights, with just Universal and shopping on the agenda, we chose this hotel for its prime location & excellent price... and we were not disappointed. 15 minute walk to the entrance of Universal, which is pretty much how long it can take you to walk from your car when you park at the park! Yes you have to cross one busy road (the equivalent of the M25 to us Brits), but it is perfectly safe with a good pedestrian crossing. Alternatively, the hotel offers a free shuttle transfer or you can get a cab for $5, which is a lot cheaper than parking at the park. Rooms were adequate even through a bit dated - but as we were only sleeping there, this did not matter to us at all. Good quality free coffee in the room, with takeaway cups provided, as a nice bonus. Hotel staff were very friendly and the buffet breakfast was lovely (best poached eggs I've ever had). There are a couple of restaurants right next door, along with one of those value buffet breakfast places, so plenty of choices if you find the hotel dining expensive (not sure why people complained about the hotel prices, when there were other options so close!). Only a couple of negatives. 1) the air conditioning in the room is fairly noisy and didn't seem to have an option to lower the fan speed / power. 2) the Universal 'ticket agent' was rude and unhelpful, especially when you weren't buying anything. Probably not employed by the hotel, but NOT a good advocate for Universal.

Overall this hotel was perfect for us and it ticked all of our boxes. We would return to this hotel whenever in Orlando

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Adam H,

I am so happy to hear that we were exactly what you needed as a hotel during your stay in Orlando. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share this review. I shared your comments about the breakfast with our chef's.Thank you so much for staying and please come back and see us very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are looking for a nice hotel with all services, close to Universal Studios Orlando, but without the high price of staying at the resort, then do not hesitate and book this hotel.

Located within a 20-30 minute distance from Universal CityWalk, the hotel offers three great restaurants. The food there is delicious and reasonably priced. The swimming pool is also a must on thhose warm Florida afternoons or just relaxing after a full day at
Universal.

While I was there the housekeeper accidently threw one of my shopping bags in the trash, but they managed to find it and I retrieved all of the items. Thank you so much to Patrick at the front desk for helping me handle this matter. I was impressed with the level of professionalism of all your staff.

Mistakes happen, but in my book it's how you correct them that counts.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fredd38,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share this review. I appreciate you mentioning Patrick, he is an excellent manager and I have shared this with him. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and our location. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a big place with lots of parking and close enough to Universal Studios. Its a high traffic area so don't think you are going to be walking to the theme park though unless you are a pretty hard core hiker. Hopefully we just had bad luck but we had to call security because about 4am in the morning somebody in our hallway started pounding on a door trying to break into a room. This went on for 20 minutes and security never responded. This was one of the only times I could remember feeling unsafe in a major hotel during a trip. We won't be coming back, probably worth a few extra dollars to be more convenient and safe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinHorn
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear TravelinHorn,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with us, as the comfort and safety of our guests is our number one priority. We have shared your concerns with our security team and invite you to to contact us directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice pool but some days no towels very cumfy beds but we were having to ask all the time for cups, tea, and coffee,Bar very expensive all the house keeping was very hit and miss, bathroom needed a good scrub but 10 to 15 minutes walk to universal which is good but hotel very basic

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank liz906
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear liz906,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to send us this review. I would like to apologize for the issues you faced with the towel and Housekeeping service. I have forwarded these comments on to them so they can correct this immediately. I truly appreciate you letting me know. Thank you again and please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at this hotel. I was a little disappointed when i first got here in all honesty. We had to wait around for 6 hours to get into our room after a night flight from Las Vegas and so wasted a whole day as we had no where to freshen up etc

When we did get to our room it smelt quite damp an musty. This is a pretty basic old fashioned decor type hotel. We got settled in any way and for the rest of the holiday got used to it. This is an good hotel to just want somewhere to sleep at night if your out all day in parks etc.

The staff were really polite and seemed nice. The cookies were tasty and would recommend you take one from reception in the morning.

Overall its an ok hotel and if u just want somewhere to lay your head its great!!.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hema M,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your time in Orlando. I am sorry we were not able to get you a room when you arrived. We do try our best but when we are sold out the night before we unfortunately do not have rooms ready before our 4pm gtd. check in time. I am so sorry about the odor in your room and I have passed this on to our housekeeping manager to correct this. Thank you so much for letting me know. I hope to welcome you again to our hotel the next time you visit Orlando.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel was nice. Not the best I've ever stayed in but it was the location of a convention that my sons were attending and I stayed the weekend to spend time with them. If you're going to Universal Studios this is a good place to stay as it is right across the street. The common areas and elevators were very hot and humid. I guess the cost of cooling these areas would just be too costly. Nice pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Vickie H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and our pool. Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.