Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #181 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“Hell no”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Sucked. No microwave and we had a baby. They told us we would have a microwave. It was worst than a motel. After we left and cancelled our stay after one night they charged us for parking. We didnt even have a car. The didn't have the playpin in the room we requested before we got there. Worst place ever. Smelled bad too.

• Stayed August 2014
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear trinicandy,

Thank you so much for your comments. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you faced. We do not offer microwaves at the property and I am so sorry you were informed differently. Playpens are available in our housekeeping department and are delivered upon request after check in. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The South Tower is "the other side of the tracks" with soiled furniture; the desk-chair could only be used if a towel were placed in the sear, the sofa was the same, the hallways did not appear to be vacuumed regurlarly, and were not air-conditioned. The North Tower is more comfortable, better maintained, and cleaner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sidney H,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you faced in your room. There is no reason for your room in one tower to be any less than the other. The towers were both renovated at the same time. If you have a moment, please contact me directly at the hotel so I may look into why your room did not meet your standards. I would like to make this right for you because I want all my guests to have a wonderful experience. Thank you for letting us know.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 night this week (August 2014).

I arrived late and the team got me checked in quickly, and the cookie was appreciated!

Room service is dealt with by a place round the corner, it was a little boring, a little cold and was really no better than m'eh.....

Room was clean, TV worked, it was a twin rather than a double but was cool with working air conditioning so i got some sleep.

I was surprised at the $15 parking charge when the car park barrier wasn't working half the time.

All in all it was OK- but is Ok good enough??

Room Tip: not reall sure....
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear EnglishmaninAZ,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear you had a good time staying at our hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback and I have shared it with the entire staff. We all hope to see you the next time you visit Orlando.

Jasper, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for an Eagles concert. The hotel is easy to get to and in and out of. We walked to Universal City Walk for dinner, a short walk across the street from the hotel. The rooms are nice, and a friendly staff! We would like to stay here again, when in town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear wayne1961,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear how convenient this was for you to stay with us while going to the concert. I am glad you had such a great time. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Orlando.

Ormond Beach, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was a great stay, my only complaint was that my room was not serviced, and I had to call down several times to receive extra coffee and cups, not to mention the vending machine took my nephews money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to our Housekeeping management team to look into what happened with the extra items not being left in your room. Thank you for letting us know so we may correct these issues.

Elmhurst, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The bell staff was excellent, the desk staff was average, the concierge was borderline rude and not very helpful. The room was average, with paper thin walls. The elevator, particularly the center elevator, had a strange odor. The lobby restaurant was average quality and too expensive for the quality delivered.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Edward L
Dear Edward L,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing these comments. I am truly sorry that we let you down. I want all of our guests to have a great time and it appears we failed on this occasion. Please let me know the next time you visit Orlando so I may ensure you have a fantastic stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Awesome location...15-20 minute walk from the Park. We took the shuttle in the mornings and walked back as we stayed later than the 8:10 shuttle pick-up. Our corner room was very roomy...even had a pull-out couch for a family of 5 to enjoy. Would definitely stay at this Double Tree again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patricia L,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing this review. I am so happy to hear you hasd such a great time!! Please hurry back and see us again soon. We will have your corner room waiting for you.

Best regards,