Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Ranked #169 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Valuable”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great place to stay... Clean and quiet. You will find an excellent bar near the hotel and a hough Walgreens. I saw many people walking to Universal complex during the day. I calculate less than 5 minutes by car from boardwalk.
Thanks

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Doubletree was excellent value for the price of only $99 a night. A group of friends and I wanted to visit Universal and we were looking for something inexpensive and we didn't want to have to rely on shuttles. The walk from the hotel to Universal was not only quick and easy, it was a beautiful sidewalk along water and gardens. The pool and jacuzzi at the hotel were large and heated. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked great. The view out our window was really nice, and we couldn't hear noise from outside the room. It was excellent value and we really enjoyed our 3 night stay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank IamHermioneGranger
berkeley Hts, nj
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Rooms were large and clean but decor is old and in need of refurbishment. Staff had an issue bringing towels to our room and pool had consistent lack of available towels. The location is perfect if you are interested in going to Universal Studios. Breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Smyrna, Delaware
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was visiting from out of town on vacation. i stayed at this hotel for one night so that i would be close to the airport and be able to visit Universal Studios before i left. My best friend and I stayed here. The staff was friendly. However our room smelled like mildew and wet. I thought that it was the cleaning supplies that were used. As we walked through the room the smell was unbearable. You could see the spots on the carpet. We asked to be moved to a different room. which they gave us a bigger room and this room was good. I really dont care about the hotel being old but i expect to have a clean room. Im glad we didnt stay in that room as that would of gave us a headache. the smell was so strong. I definately would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: make sure you inspect your room before you unpack your things. luckily for us the smell hit us as we...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for 7 days and this is a shocking hotel, the rooms are so dirty the A/C cover is caked in dust such a simple task to complete yet they just cant do it. Have stayed in a few hotel in Orlando and by far the best is the Caribe Royal so much cleaner and free parking for the same price its a no brainer. I am booked to come back next year and I'm awaiting a call back from Virgin Atlantic to cancel my reservation here next year, I would rather pay a cancelation fee than endure another stay here. Hotel manager is useless so I have also had to forward my complaint onto area director and Hilton CEO. Save your money go else where.

P.S Dear hotel manager,

Don't just say sorry please contact me to discuss your stay, I don't want a refund, I don't want discounts. I want you to do the simple cleaning task for other guest who have booked with you so they can at least enjoy their stay. Is that a difficult request????? Oh an $15 Dollars for parking, are you serious? Stealth income for the lining of your pocket.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob L
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Rob L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you and make it right.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Out of all the hotel in Orlando why did I pick this one? Stay the hell away from this place, this hotel is a Hilton by name but it has all the quality of a cheap Motel. There are so many budget hotel in Orlando much better than this motel and for better price. I wasn't asking for too much just a clean room, nice shower head with one king size bed. This Motel couldn't deliver any of that. Yes the Motel (I'm sorry I can't call this a hotel) is near universal but guest what they charge you $15 for parking (there's your cab ride to universal) take that money and stay far from this Motel. I stayed at other doubletree (Miami) and had great experiences but this Motel needs to be close for renovation. Rooms are old, dirty, smelly even the hallways were dirty. I stayed for 3 nights (August 5-8), spent about 20 hours total and this Motel was still not good enough.
PS: Bed were not comfortable I sunk in (I'm 190 lbs in case you are wondering)

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any good rooms in this place, I tried 3 different room and they were all bad.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear AntonioandManuela,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared this information with the proper departments so they may make the necessary changes. Thank you again and I hope we can one day welcome you back to stay with us.

best regards,

New York, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Friendly, cozy, wonderful hotel right on the edges of Universal Studios and City Walk. There is a complimentary shuttle in the morning that takes you right to the entrance. Everyone in the hotel is cheerful, helpful and efficient and the rooms are comfortable, clean and modern. The bathrooms are a little dingy but still clean and have delicious smelling products. It's not just nice for the price (which it is-- I can't believe I only paid $122 a night after taxes/fees), it's a nice hotel, period.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Alyssa G,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share this review. I am so happy to hear that you had such a good time and enjoyed our location and our staff. We truly appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

best regards,