My family stayed here with for 4 days in the summer. We chose this property over the other 2 primarily because of the theme (and the wifey wanted it). To begin, arriving at the hotel is quite nice. There is a very picturesque winding road that makes feel for a moment as if you traveling the countryside. The theme is in full effect once you get to the motor yard & resort entrance. I don't want to write a great bunch so here are the highlights:
1) Great theme throughout! The property is expansive & we spent a portion of one day just walking about
2) Love the rooms. Bed were comfy, if just a bit too soft (if that's possible). The bathroom is absolutely massive. You could most likely fit a rollaway bed in there. Check traveler photos to see what I mean. We actually upgraded to a 2 room kid suite for the last night and it is was just as nice with very large floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay.
3) Water taxi to and from the parks was nice & the boats are mostly timely. Takes a little longer at night after dinner so plan accordingly.
4) Only at at Sal's on site and the pizza was great. We chose to eat in City Walk every night.
5) Pools. 3 great options. The "family" pool was awesome, the service was very attentive helping us with chairs and towels. The "uppity" pool was quite regal and nice as well. The 3rd is on a hillside and is secluded. The kids had this one almost all to themselves and had a blast, not themed but secluded.
1) If this is your first time to Universal, please take a day to "do" the resort. It deserves its own day and maybe another half.
2) Take advantage of the Express Passes. Skip the lines repeatedly!!! You can also use the passes on the day you checkout!!!
3) As a resort guest you are entitled to visit the other resorts at you leisure, including the pools. How awesome is that! Stay Portifino & swim at Hard Rock. Just take your room key. Be careful at night though, your room key will not get you into all of the exterior doors.
4) Last tip: if you are worried about the price, compare a regular Orlando hotel and then add the express passes. It almost the same. The express passes can be about $80 per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a luxurious escape inspired by the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy. Perfectly appointed rooms and suites, gorgeous vistas and incredible cuisine welcome you to celebrate la dolce vita-the sweet life. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Portofino Bay Resort
- Portofino Orlando
- Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida