If you are heading to Universal or Universal Islands of Adventure in Florida and are looking for a place to stay which is walking distance to the attractions, then look no further than Loews Portofino Bay. The hotel is built around a lagoon and designed in a very "Italian Lakes" village way.
We stayed in a Despicable Me family suite, which was superb. Huge double bedroom (kingsized bed) with a separate "Gru" door leading to another bedroom with two rocket beds and minions everywhere. My 10 year old was in heaven. The bathroom was the only minor gripe......shower over the bath rather than a separate cubicle....there certainly would have been room for one as the bathroom was huge too.
The front desk were friendly, helpful and very professional, we ate at Bice on our first night, amazing food and service but perhaps a bit high end price wise though the food and service were worth it. We also ate at Mamma Dellas which was very authentic italian and delicious. Service, food and ambiance were first rate. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Perhaps the restaurants were a little more pricey than those on City Walk, however, we ate in Bubba Gumps and Jimmy Buffets and were more than a little disappointed with both food quality and service....very much pack em in and kick em out and an average quality pile of fried food so if you prefer a delicious, well served meal in lovely surroundings then my advise would be to pay a little extra and stay in the hotel.
Have nothing but praise for the whole of the hotel, as guests, you get fast passes for the rides in both Universal and Islands of Adventure (excluding Harry Potter) and access to the parks an hour ahead of opening....these in themselves would set you back an average of $80 per person per day(depending on the season) if you buy them at the park entrance.
We are Disney Vacation Club owners but would have no hesitation staying at Portofino Bay either at the beginning or end of a Disney Holiday.....in fact I can't wait to book again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a luxurious escape inspired by the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy. Perfectly appointed rooms and suites, gorgeous vistas and incredible cuisine welcome you to celebrate la dolce vita-the sweet life. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Portofino Bay Resort
- Portofino Orlando
- Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida