“Very Convenient”

Ranked #142 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Very Convenient”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have stayed here in the past and on this trip stayed at the Tree House Villas for 3 nights and then transferred to All-Star Music for one remaining night. I love staying in Building 10 because it is very convenient to the pool and the main building which means you can hop on a bus very quickly or visit the cafeteria in a snap.

On this trip we had many issues with the new banding system Disney is using. Mine worked great, but my husband had more problems than I can count. It was beyond a doubt the most miserable visit to Disney that we've ever had.

That being said, Niki, one of the managers at All-Star really did her best to resolve our problems. She took our bands, gave us the old fashioned park entry cards, gave us paper fast passes (we had scheduled them ahead of time on My Disney Experience), and sent us on our way to the park while she tried to fix things. When we came back in the evening, we spoke with someone at the Concierge desk (and I'm sorry I can't remember his name). He found our bands, told us that my husband's still wasn't working, but met us at our room to make sure that my band would get us into the room. Since we were only checking out in the morning, we didn't need both bands to work.

Anyway, the room was fine; it was what you expect from a typical value resort room at WDW. Really, I send many thanks to Niki and her staff for at least getting us into the park for a good day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the all star music when me and my cousin went to Disney. It was nice and clean. Nothing over the top, just as good as it needed to get. The only thing was that there are so many rooms it was quite a maze trying to find our building. It was also quite a walk from the main building with the food court. If possible, try to request a room close to the main building for better convenience. Also the bus ride was quite far to the Magic Kingdom. Of course this is a given with the value resorts as they have so many rooms. Over all it was very good.

Room Tip: Choose a room close the main building to ensure less walking and losing your way.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Chloe F
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Disney. The rooms were very clean and nice. They are small, but we had plenty of room for three people in a room with two beds plus luggage. The room service after the food court was fast and efficient. Food was good, better than a lot of delivery operations. Busses to the parks were very close. We never had to wait longer than 10 minutes coming or going. Distance to parks was very good. Longest drive we had was about 10 minutes. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Gift shop people were awesome, helped me with a luggage problem. Pool area was nice. The activities staff were a lot of fun. The mouse keeping staff did a fantastic job of keeping the rooms clean and went the extra mile several times. My only complaint is that the vending machines near the rooms were ridiculously priced. It was $4.00 for a small snack sized bag of Cheetos. Sodas and other drinks were even worse. I understand this is a business, but WOW guys. Be sure to pack your own stuff for snacking before you travel here. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank DestinyCaptain
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here for business and pleasure. I had a conference to go to so it was convenient for us to stay at a Disney resort for the shuttle to the parks. We stayed 4 nights. The hotel room was clean but average size. The beds were full size instead of queen size and the room we stayed in was #4 which is a long walk from the main building. There were two pools which was a good amenity. The shuttle buses seemed to take a long time to get to our hotel and a lot of times they were packed when they got there so we had to stand. The food was ok. We really liked that they showed movies by the pool at night. We probably wouldn't stay here again. For the price, we could find something a little nicer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lowestoft, England
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the All star resorts many times and a child and recently I took my own little boy here. It's as amazing as I remember. They have kept the hotels up perfectly. Tidy, value for money. Perfect for our holiday. We were happy to stay here for 2 weeks. Felt like a home away from home. The food is amazingly priced. So much choice. The Service Was fantastic. If you need help you will get it. Can't wait to come back This August.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank lizziefletcherking
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I went to All Star Music on our latest trip to Walt Disney World. It was ok! The food was cold though when we ate it. We were kind of far from the buses. And my father lost his favorite Dopey hat and they wouldn't allow us back in the room and hardly did any searches in the Lost and Found area. The atmosphere was nice though. It had pictures of some of the greatest singers. Michael Jackson, Elvis, The Beatles. And the pools didn't have much space either. The rooms weren't decorated as well as they were in other hotels we stayed at. And no Towel Animals either. Also, when we orderd a pizza it took about an hour for the pizza to get there. And it was really cold. I truly don't recommend this hotel. And suggest a better hotel in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of January for ten nights with my family of six. While it is not as nice as Port Orleans we found it excellent for a value resort.
The queen bed in the family suite was very comfy and the kids loved all the neat beds in the living room. It was cleaned well everyday and we even got towel animals.
It rained a lot of the time but we still took advantage of the pool even in the rain. The kids loved it.
Would highly suggest staying here if you have kids.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Crystal B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!