“Budget Disney Family Suite”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #141 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Westfield, MA
“Budget Disney Family Suite”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Disney does everything right. Even though the All-Star Resorts are considered budget, you still feel that Disney magic! You're there for the parks so I don't mind saving money for lodging as we are at the parks all day and we just need a nice place to stay and sleep at night.

That being said, I think I would recommend renting 2 adjoining rooms rather than a Family Suite. We are a family of five so we are not able to rent just one room. The cost of 2 rooms at the All-Star resorts were not that much more than renting 1 family suite at All-Star Music. During our most recent Disney trip, we spent the first half at All-Star Sports in 2 adjoining rooms and the second half in a family suite at Music. The 2 rooms were much more comfortable as we had 4 queen beds. The family suite is just a 2 room conversion where you get a living room and a wet bar in one half of the suite and a bedroom in the other. You still get 2 bathrooms but the price of having the living room cost you comfortable sleeping arrangements.
The living room's sleeping arrangements consisted of a pull out sofa, a chair that converted into a bed and an ottoman that converted into a bed.

When my girls were younger (they are now teens), the living room sleeping arrangements would probably have sufficed. Now that they are teens, the chair and ottoman converted beds were very uncomfortable. The ottoman had a bar that went across the middle of your bed. The chair was slightly more comfortable as there was no bar sticking in the middle of your back; however, the mattress was rock hard. Only the sofa bed was moderately comfortable! So, beware! If you have young kids or maybe even tweens, then maybe get the family suite. If your kids are teens, then I would highly recommend renting 2 adjoining rooms. When making reservations through Disney, they will guarantee that your family has connecting rooms. The marginally higher price is well worth the price for a good night's sleep, especially after a long day at the parks with all the walking that you typically do at Disney.

Room Tip: I like staying in the Calypso area (Buildings 1&10). It is conveniently located to parking if y...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Alan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was pleasant, accommodating and cheerful. The grounds are simple, but well kept and the room was clean and comfortable.If you're looking to stay on the Disney Property without the Disney price, stay here.

Room Tip: Stay at the All Star Sports or Music Resort. The All Star Movie Resort is the last pickup stop for D...
1 Thank Cathy D
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We previously stayed at Pop Century which I believe is the newest value resort and we could tell that the Music Resort was older by the beds, couch, ottoman etc. It is still Disney thru and thru. Fun everywhere. Nice pools, great decorations, fun video arcade, fun games all day long at the pool, food in food court was average. Pizza was good!

1 Thank Roger S
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

It was my husband's 1st time ever visiting disney and he and I were very disappointed. We waited 5 hours for our luggage to be delivered and not only that our luggage came to room and was damaged with a slice in the top of one our pieces. The attitude of some of the staff was disgusting. Whatever happened to customer service? I guess it doesn't exist here. We will never stay here again nor will we recommend it to anyone. The beds were too small and we had to sleep separately because they were basically an oversized twin. We complained about our luggage being damaged and nothing got resolved nor did we get a phone call from hotel manager saying she looked into it. The food was just like eating at a fast food restaurant, and we had to walk a distance to our room not only that upon checking in the kid at desk gave us wrong room number which didnt even exist. As far as we are concerned this resort is a disgrace to Disney. When my husband and I visit again we will stay at a much more friendlier resort with better attitudes.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terri D
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is not a luxury hotel. If your plan is to stay all day long in your room, this is not the hotel for you. The rooms are simple and a bit small. However, if you want a clean (nay, a spotless) hotel room and don't want the hassle of having to drive to the parks, this is what you're looking for. My parents and I stayed at the All-Star Music Resort for four nights and we were delighted. We just had to walk a couple of minutes from our room to reception, and a shuttle would take us everywhere. The Intermission Food Court had several restaurants/options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, though we only had breakfast there because we'd spend the day at the Parks. I highly recommend this hotel. It may not be as good/well-reviewed as other hotels outside of WDW, but the convenience and value of this hotel is something to take into account. Staying at this hotel is cheaper and more "vacation-y" than staying at another hotel, renting a car, paying for gas, having to drive and looking for somewhere to park.

4 Thank Annyris A
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having stayed at Disney All Star Resorts in the past, and always enjoyed my stay, I had no hesitation booking here again. The welcome at the hotel was friendly on arrival and we were quickly checked in and issued with the new Disney bands, which are your room key, resort pass, fastpass+ and can be used to charge food and purchases to your room. The room was in the furthest block from the main hall, which was a bit of walk everyday for breakfast etc, but we got used to it. The room has everything you need, was clean and has very comfy beds. Some people have said they are small, but I found the room ok - you are only sleeping there after-all! The food available at the hotel is ok, there is quite a bit of choice, but it never changes, and the one thing that has really struck me, is how expensive food has become in Orlando - it did used to be fairly cheap, but not any more. Two of us went for a weeks holiday and spent about $600 just on food and drink in that time. However, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I did come back to Orlando in the future

3 Thank Akidd41
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from 2 fantastic weeks of Disney fun. Been to Orlando 8 times but I'm ashamed to say this was my first ever Disney hotel stay....can't believe what I've been missing out on. Fab hotel, very clean, rooms lovely and roomy, every where was spotlessly clean, it's so easy to get around with the free transport, no hanging around for hours waiting for buses, and the extra bonus is the "extra magic hours" I've feel as I've been missing out for all these years.
Just booked for Caribbean Beach Resort for next year, can't wait!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank masters68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!