“No frills hotel. Beware of the traveling groups.”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #134 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is our third time at all star music. It's good for a budget minded family. The staff is helpful and friendly.

It's clean, no frills.

Lots of families in the past have been here. However, this time there are troops if traveling girls from Venezuela and Brazil. They troop all over the place as a group. If they are headed to the restaurant, I either run to try beat them there, or go back to my room. They take over everything all in their orange shirts and backpacks. The lines are long when they are there and they take over the pool...you get the idea. There are hundreds of them not just 10 or 20...

I asked staff about this, apparently it gets worse through the summer and tapers off mid august so plan accordingly.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Linda2k
Write a ReviewReviews (5,812)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I just stayed here in June 2014 for 9 6 nts 7 days. I called at the last unite to leave a hotel that was awful. They literally booked us and I called a cab. We were check in inside an hour in our room. It was clean, close to the second pool and laundry. It was a bit of a hike to the bus pick up/drop off area and food court. But worth it. I would recommend asking for a premium or preferred room which would put you closer. We took the last room at the hotel. There is free transportation, everyone is so friendly the magic bands are awesome and you get I to the parks an hour early! The cherry on top for us was a character calling our room every morning to wake up my son! The smile on his face was priceless!!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank VacationDelights
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Being frequent Disneyland goers we had high expectations when it came to staying at a Disney hotel as we can never afford it in California.

Pros:
Free bus service to parks
Disney Magical Express
They hang towels on your door if you have the do not disturb sign up

Cons:
The food is horrible. It is insanely overpriced for the quality and lack of variety.
The service was mediocre at best. We were generally treated as if we were inconveniencing the staff.
The rooms are poorly maintained and definitely show their age.

Overall, if you are already spending the money to go to Disneyworld, I would recommend spending a bit extra and staying at the new Art of Animation, or one of the moderate resorts instead of the value one as it definitely took away from the magic of being at a Disney park. We found that accommodation played a big part here as the parks themselves were also disappointing and the bus service very inconvenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravel186
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I took my 10yr old niece from Ohio to Disney for her 11th Birthday last week...I booked 2 nights here at All Star because we were only there to shower & sleep. The rooms are small, so I can't imagine a family of 4 being comfortable in the full size beds, but maybe if you had little ones. A roll-away bed would be really tight, unless you kept your luggage out in the car maybe?

This is one of the cheap resorts, so it would stand to reason that many people use it so of course there's some wear and tear because people can't treat other people's property like their own, or maybe they do...If I wanted to get nit-picky, I guess I could say that there wasn't granite in the bathroom, or the vanity top, and the backside of the bathroom door needed a little paint....if you're one of those people that you notice these things while knowingly booking the cheapest hotel room on Disney property, then there's always Fort Wilderness where you can pitch your own tent to stay in I guess...

That being said, it wasn't a bad hotel, we were in the "Broadway Building" and had an easy walk to the piano pool. We never did see the guitar pool, or even see or smell the food court...this resort is pretty large. If you were in this building without your own vehicle, it would be a long-long hike to the room from the check-in desk with your luggage and to catch a bus to one of the parks. I live in Florida, so naturally I had a vehicle and were able to park not far from our hotel door.

When we checked in, I signed something to acknowledge that I knew that "Check-out time is 11am"...the night before, while we were at the park, we received a voice message on our room phone reminding us that "Check out is at 11am" and that we wouldn't receive a bill, but it would be emailed to me. Ok, now that's 2 times I'm told that we have to be out of our room by 11am...I get it...11am..

The morning of our departure, while sound asleep, there was a knock on our door at 8:45. Then again...so I answered it because usually you hear "Housekeeeping!" being yelled from the other side of the door so you're not opening it blindly ... upon getting out of bed, sleepily answering the door, a woman says "Are you checking out at 11am??" Of which I replied "Um, yea...11am, not 8:45!!" She once again says "11am, right?" and I said "Yes, but not right now..." and closed the door. I went back to bed, but then decided to call the front desk to ask if this was a common practice. The lady at the desk told me "No it was not, I'll let someone from management know what happened"... about 30min later, the phone rings and it's the housekeeping manager who tells me "They ask what time is checkout, and I tell them 11am, if it's earlier, I tell them, so sorry" and hangs up. I still have no idea what this meant...

We got up, didn't shower (we only live an hour away) and were out of the room by 10:50..we didn't dirty any towels from the refreshment of the day before, only used 1 garbage can, heck we even left the Mickey head towels they put on our bed when we got there all intact... I couldn't leave fast enough so I didn't get 'reminded' again of that "11am check out" time.. So I hope the cleaning lady was happy that all she had to do was vacuum empty that one basket, wipe down the bathroom and remake the beds...I bet she spent 15 minutes tops getting our room ready for the next guest.

Did I have the placard that says "Do Not Disturb" on the door? No...because I knew that 11am was the check out time, and after being told repeatedly, I didn't think someone would be knocking on our door 2 hours earlier...if Disney staff wanted to start cleaning earlier, then they should 1) have the staff report at a later time and start knocking on doors at 11 when everyone is supposed to be out...2) have an earlier check out time. This wasn't my first time staying in a hotel ever...so I'm pretty well aware of what time normal check out is...

We're Annual Pass Holders, and go once or twice a month to Disney, I have to say that our last 8 months have been less than "Magical" ... The Cast Members (Disney's name for their employees) are different than the ones of long ago, I've listened to them complain about the computer system more than once, the "Magic Bands", their lack of decent pay, no one available to give them a potty break, etc...and this trip, we had one at Hollywood Studio's Rockn' Roller Coaster that actually told me "You don't know me. Don't judge ME!" when I said "You look bored.." It was like she was having a mental episode or something...it was really, really strange...

I've already made a complaint/sent an email to Guest Relations, and while I don't want my feet kissed and washed, I did expect more than a canned phone call I received today of "Thank you for your email, I'll make sure to forward it to the proper departments.."

We won't be renewing out AP passes, I can get this kind of treatment at Walmart...although I wonder if people staying at the Grand Floridian are reminded time and time again that their check out is 11am....or is it just the ones staying in the "Budget" hotels? Ya get what you pay for I guess...

Room Tip: This is a large, spread out resort. If you don't have a vehicle, prepare to "hike" to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank NO2Diver
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Room was adequate but appeared to show its age a little. Pool area was "ok". Food Court area was also good. The real "value" in staying on a Disney property is that parking is free ($15 to park at the theme park), Disney buses transport you from the hotel to the park entrance, and with Dining Plans, you get free refills on soft drinks at the resort. Having stayed at a "deluxe" Disney property in the past, the difference between the "deluxe" and "value" is very noticeable in all areas of the resort.

Room Tip: The resort is sprawling, so be sure to check the map if you are requesting certain room locations...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank F M
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Initially I was disappointed to be staying at one of Disney's value resorts. However I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are only slightly smaller than a moderate, food court was adequate and the outdoor themes looked amazing at night. Only the pools let it down, they were shallow and a little slimy and old feeling like they needed new coatings

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandie M
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Upon our arrival at 12:30 am everyone in check- in were extremely pleasant. The hotel rooms were more like a motel room with doors on the outside. The rooms were pretty basic and we only used the room to sleep. If you are planning on spending time in the room you should upgrade to one of the other Disney resorts.
The refillable cups that you receive with the dining plan can ONLY be used in your hotel not in the park.
The quick service meals in the hotel were simple but good with a large selection.
We never had time to use the pool but they looked clean.

Room Tip: Calypso building is the closest to busses, pool and the cafe.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kbron2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!