“If you go ready for your vacation, you won't miss.”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #130 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Bayamon,PR
“If you go ready for your vacation, you won't miss.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed for 6 days with my father. I have to say it was for the most part enjoyable. I want to be objective, there were a lot of things I liked and a few dislikes.
First of all, I have stayed previously at various Value resorts, as well as moderate and once in a Vacation Club Villa. Its unfair to compare. My personal experience is that the room is a few square feet smaller than a moderate resort room, and the layout is similar. So between moderate and value, you might as well just save a few dollars and stay on value. the room was basic and clean, comfortable for my dad and me. We used Garden Grocer for a few breakfast items, snacks and water, I recommend that service as is very practical, items may be slightly overpriced, but not prohibitively so. Standard Dining plan is a JEWEL if you know where to get best value for Quick service and Table service and Snacks, don't just stick to Mickey bars, there are some amazing snacks options all over property. Previously Ive stayed at Pop Century and All Star movies, there is a fountain courtyard with roses that made All Star music feel slightly more upscale, feel free to stop by and take it in. They updated the bedding to make it look a bit more "resort-ish" on the rooms, that was just about ok. My experience with staff , they were extremely helpful and accommodating. Room was ready before check in time, that score points for me. This is not a luxury resort, don't expect one and you wont be dissapointed. It does however have a few amenities I found charming, like the scheduled games for children, the movies under the stars. It was spotlessly clean everywhere. All Stars hotels are slightly smaller than pop Century, but as far as I feel, they are all configured similarly. the store was well stocked. You could finde most things you would find at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom or at World of Disney.We are not pool people, but we were near the Piano pool, which looked clean and not too crowded, I was tempted to take a dip on the pool , but didn't have the time. The hotel didn't feel to crowded, maybe because school time was approaching. The most crowded park was the Magic Kingdom. We were able to ride everything, Fastpass+ helped us to keep a brisk pace and don't miss anything. No complaints about noise at all, there were families with small children around, but they all behaved well and respectfully. Free WIFI all over disney, I took advantage of it. No issue with no coffee maker, as I never use it, I think the rational is that if you have your rapid fill mugs, what you need a coffee maker for, but then again, I am aware that not everyone has them. Mugs are included in the dining plan, took as much advantage of them as we could. Complementary fridge extremely helpful to keep our water and other groceries I ordered cool.

Now for the dislikes:
The room was on the farther end of the property, I personally didn't mind, but it took a bit of a toll for my aging father after a day of heat and walking. The area of the ice and vending machines on my floor smelled like urine, that was a letdown.
Overall, if you plan well and know what to expect, you'll be sure to have a great time. Do let some spontaneity flow between your scheduled plans. Have fun, relax, take it all in.

Room Tip: If distance from the resort lobby is an issue, pay a little more for preferred rooms, you'll be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank CharliePR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were dingy and dirty. Food at the food court was very bland and little selection. Have to say the housekeeping staff was excellent though. Would not reccomend a stay at this resort. Caribbean beach beats it by a mile.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank mototraveler20
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I was a little scared, judging by some reviews I read on here, but I just got back in from a 7 night, 8 day vacation with my family, and it was great!! We stayed in a family suite, since it is 5 of us, and it worked out beautifully! Agreed, it's not a fancy hotel, and the sofa beds(1 sofa bed, one chair and one ottoman- each open into a twin bed) could be a little more comfy but it was clean and had all we needed including two full bathrooms. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. The pools were clean and open until 11pm. The food court is now under construction until winter, but they do have a food truck, a small room with food, and shuttles to another all star hotel(like a minute or less away). GET THE DINING PLAN!!!! It's totally worth it! Also, KNOW the dining plan! It wasn't really explained to me and ended up losing a few table service meals. Those are used for certain restaurants(planet Hollywood, rainforest café, coral reef, etc) You can make your reservations even before you take your trip.

This was truly an awesome vacation! My cousin who lives in Florida came to visit us one day and loved the hotel as well. I honestly don't have any complaints! Totally recommend it!

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Mayuya69
Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This a Disney budget hotel, but the service is second to none, all the staff are friendly and helpful, the restraunt has ample choices for adults and kids, it's clean and tidy, would recommend this resort. Both pools life guards, and they constantly checking making sure everyone is safe.
We have returned three times so far and thinking about our next trip and when it will be.
The convenience of the Disney transport is great, out the door on a bus to what ever park you require.........Brilliant place to be........

Room Tip: If you want away from the front of the resort ask for the Broadway area, it's quiet and the pian...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank scania50
Londonderry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Been to WDW many times, but never stayed in an All Star Resort. I finally decided to take the plunge and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not going to lie, I had low expectations, because I'm used to staying at Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside.

From the moment we checked in until we checked out, we had a great experience. Yes, the rooms weren't as spacious as the Polynesian or Contemporary, you have to remain realistic. The bathrooms leave a lot to be desired, but as I said, I didn't have extreme expectations.

With the implementation of Magic Bands, the All Stars are a no brainer, you simply cannot beat the value.

Room Tip: With the exterior room resorts in WDW(Value and Moderate Resorts), you should always ask for a corne...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Eknal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have had nothing but trouble since we've been here! Day 1 was told computer system was down waiting to enter Magic Kingdom and had to wait in line with customer service to fix it. After 1 hour waiting I was told it was fixed.
Also had issues with charging to my room with the band. They were apologetic and I wrote it off as a bad day! Even went to the concierge desk that night to confirm the problem was taking care of!

Day #2
Got up early went to the conciege desk to make sure everything was working. "Just wanted to double check to ensure a hazzle free day" Was told "Everything is working and you should have no problems!"

Went to Animal Kingdom first in line waiting for the gates to open and WHAM! No entry! Bands show no tickets. After 30 mins of customer support / tech support it was fixed.

I enformed the same person who this morning told me all good what happened again to my family.

HIS MAGICAL RESPONSE AND ONLY WORDS TO OFFER!

"OH WELL IT WAS GOOD ON ARE END" as if this was not his problem or why was I bothering him with this!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Mrgraz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The best part about this resort is that it has great transportation! The Disney express transfer from the airport and the Disney busses that go from park to park are EXTREMELY convenient, especially when you've been walking all day and can't wait to get into bed.
The down side is the price and what you get for the price. SMALL ROOMS... LONG WALKS TO YOUR ROOM... MUST BUY ALL FOOD (nothing complimentary) AND IT IS QUITE EXPENSIVE...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lani B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!