I stayed for 6 days with my father. I have to say it was for the most part enjoyable. I want to be objective, there were a lot of things I liked and a few dislikes.
First of all, I have stayed previously at various Value resorts, as well as moderate and once in a Vacation Club Villa. Its unfair to compare. My personal experience is that the room is a few square feet smaller than a moderate resort room, and the layout is similar. So between moderate and value, you might as well just save a few dollars and stay on value. the room was basic and clean, comfortable for my dad and me. We used Garden Grocer for a few breakfast items, snacks and water, I recommend that service as is very practical, items may be slightly overpriced, but not prohibitively so. Standard Dining plan is a JEWEL if you know where to get best value for Quick service and Table service and Snacks, don't just stick to Mickey bars, there are some amazing snacks options all over property. Previously Ive stayed at Pop Century and All Star movies, there is a fountain courtyard with roses that made All Star music feel slightly more upscale, feel free to stop by and take it in. They updated the bedding to make it look a bit more "resort-ish" on the rooms, that was just about ok. My experience with staff , they were extremely helpful and accommodating. Room was ready before check in time, that score points for me. This is not a luxury resort, don't expect one and you wont be dissapointed. It does however have a few amenities I found charming, like the scheduled games for children, the movies under the stars. It was spotlessly clean everywhere. All Stars hotels are slightly smaller than pop Century, but as far as I feel, they are all configured similarly. the store was well stocked. You could finde most things you would find at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom or at World of Disney.We are not pool people, but we were near the Piano pool, which looked clean and not too crowded, I was tempted to take a dip on the pool , but didn't have the time. The hotel didn't feel to crowded, maybe because school time was approaching. The most crowded park was the Magic Kingdom. We were able to ride everything, Fastpass+ helped us to keep a brisk pace and don't miss anything. No complaints about noise at all, there were families with small children around, but they all behaved well and respectfully. Free WIFI all over disney, I took advantage of it. No issue with no coffee maker, as I never use it, I think the rational is that if you have your rapid fill mugs, what you need a coffee maker for, but then again, I am aware that not everyone has them. Mugs are included in the dining plan, took as much advantage of them as we could. Complementary fridge extremely helpful to keep our water and other groceries I ordered cool.
Now for the dislikes:
The room was on the farther end of the property, I personally didn't mind, but it took a bit of a toll for my aging father after a day of heat and walking. The area of the ice and vending machines on my floor smelled like urine, that was a letdown.
Overall, if you plan well and know what to expect, you'll be sure to have a great time. Do let some spontaneity flow between your scheduled plans. Have fun, relax, take it all in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the world's most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock 'n' roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort Orlando, Florida