“Budget hotel”

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Ranked #138 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked this hotel for the purpose of showering and sleeping, it did just that. Pool looked nice but since it was chilly we never went in. Friendly staff, movies at night was nice. Food court was clean, and the transportation to all the attractions was simple and quick

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Heather H
Write a ReviewReviews (5,764)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

at the all star resort you get all the benefits which comes with a disney resort such as free magic bands to pay all over disney world. You don`t need any keys or credit cards. Its a very easy way to get along. The pools are ok. Rooms are standard but clean. Even the soap is disneystyle. Sometimes a bit laut.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dennys34
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome place, nothing was able to damage our vacation, not the lines at the food court, or like in the last night the lights went off. I will stay here again. But not on the same week, because of the major holiday Presidents weeks. Also get the meal plan you wont regreated.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jorge T
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have to agree with another comment here, the rooms were small but mine was not dirty. House keeping staff were excellent. The food selection was very limited, and wasn't impressed with it. It was my first stay at any resort in Orlando, so can't compare it others.

Room Tip: It's a large Resort, so try and get as close as you can at the front.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel and got the Quick Service Dining Plan. What a deal! I have stayed at all of the All-Star Properties. Though they are not the nicest if you compare with the more expensive resorts, they give you everything you need. In fact, I think you get more Disney thrown at you at these value resorts than you do at the more expensive ones. I guess I prefer the gawdy Disney side vs. the elegant sophisticated side!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TNDisneynut
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed for 6 days with my father. I have to say it was for the most part enjoyable. I want to be objective, there were a lot of things I liked and a few dislikes.
First of all, I have stayed previously at various Value resorts, as well as moderate and once in a Vacation Club Villa. Its unfair to compare. My personal experience is that the room is a few square feet smaller than a moderate resort room, and the layout is similar. So between moderate and value, you might as well just save a few dollars and stay on value. the room was basic and clean, comfortable for my dad and me. We used Garden Grocer for a few breakfast items, snacks and water, I recommend that service as is very practical, items may be slightly overpriced, but not prohibitively so. Standard Dining plan is a JEWEL if you know where to get best value for Quick service and Table service and Snacks, don't just stick to Mickey bars, there are some amazing snacks options all over property. Previously Ive stayed at Pop Century and All Star movies, there is a fountain courtyard with roses that made All Star music feel slightly more upscale, feel free to stop by and take it in. They updated the bedding to make it look a bit more "resort-ish" on the rooms, that was just about ok. My experience with staff , they were extremely helpful and accommodating. Room was ready before check in time, that score points for me. This is not a luxury resort, don't expect one and you wont be dissapointed. It does however have a few amenities I found charming, like the scheduled games for children, the movies under the stars. It was spotlessly clean everywhere. All Stars hotels are slightly smaller than pop Century, but as far as I feel, they are all configured similarly. the store was well stocked. You could finde most things you would find at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom or at World of Disney.We are not pool people, but we were near the Piano pool, which looked clean and not too crowded, I was tempted to take a dip on the pool , but didn't have the time. The hotel didn't feel to crowded, maybe because school time was approaching. The most crowded park was the Magic Kingdom. We were able to ride everything, Fastpass+ helped us to keep a brisk pace and don't miss anything. No complaints about noise at all, there were families with small children around, but they all behaved well and respectfully. Free WIFI all over disney, I took advantage of it. No issue with no coffee maker, as I never use it, I think the rational is that if you have your rapid fill mugs, what you need a coffee maker for, but then again, I am aware that not everyone has them. Mugs are included in the dining plan, took as much advantage of them as we could. Complementary fridge extremely helpful to keep our water and other groceries I ordered cool.

Now for the dislikes:
The room was on the farther end of the property, I personally didn't mind, but it took a bit of a toll for my aging father after a day of heat and walking. The area of the ice and vending machines on my floor smelled like urine, that was a letdown.
Overall, if you plan well and know what to expect, you'll be sure to have a great time. Do let some spontaneity flow between your scheduled plans. Have fun, relax, take it all in.

Room Tip: If distance from the resort lobby is an issue, pay a little more for preferred rooms, you'll be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank CharliePR
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were dingy and dirty. Food at the food court was very bland and little selection. Have to say the housekeeping staff was excellent though. Would not reccomend a stay at this resort. Caribbean beach beats it by a mile.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank mototraveler20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2 mi away
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!