Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Upon arrival, we were met by a friendly staff and upon finding out we were there for our honeymoon, upgraded our room! They upgraded us to a suite which was great! Big and clean and well decorated. They stay was quiet and we had no complaints. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,688)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bexley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The only unfortunate thing I can say about this hotel is that we only stayed for 2 nights. We stayed here at the end of our 2 week Florida holiday to enjoy the benefits that are offered when visiting Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We were able to enjoy unlimited fast pass on most of the rides in both parks and also early entry into Harry Potter Land at Islands of Adventure. Both parks were literally a 10 minute walk to the parks. We did also enjoy the free boat ride however we preferred to walk.

Our room was great, we were on the 6th floor. We had two queen beds and a nice sized bathroom.

Unfortunately we did not have enough time to enjoy the pool but all the facilities looked great.

On our last day we ate lunch at Tchoup Chop. We hadn't planned this and it was probably the best lunch we had on our holiday. I wish we could have eaten dinner there it was so good.

I would definitely recommend this hotel especially if visiting the Universal parks and also add on a few days for relaxation!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carla_Marc
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This review is for the Orchid Court Lounge. We didn't stay at Loews Royal Pacific Resort but we were at the City Walk looking for good sushi and my smartphone app recommended Orchid Court Lounge, so we took the water taxi to the Royal Pacific Resort to check it out.

It was the most amazing sushi I've had in a LONG time. Prices were about the same that you would find at any decent sushi restaurant, and the quality was just amazing. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and checked back with us as often as she could. The manager stopped by a few times to make sure everything was good. The sushi was high quality - I don't know how I'll ever have salmon nigiri anywhere else, frankly.

Additionally, walking to the lounge took us through the grounds of the Royal Pacific, which were beautiful. There were quite a few children around. But we will definitely be back at this restaurant when we come back.

Some notes:
One complaint I read on my smartphone app was that you have to pay to park. So you don't necessarily want to come in from outside the resort to eat, unless (like us) you have a way to get to the grounds without parking. We were staying at the nearby Loews Portofino Bay, so it was easy for us to water taxi over.
Another complaint was that the restaurant uses imitation crab in their california rolls, and the complaint implied that they tried to hide it. The menu clearly states that they use Kanikama in their rolls, which is imitation crab. If you don't care for it, don't order it.

If I could have found a listing for the Orchid Court Lounge itself, I certainly would have left this review there as that would be more appropriate. But I can't NOT express how wonderful this sushi was, so here it is!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Overall this hotel was OK. It seemed like I paid a lot for what I got. For the most part things were clean. Although, there was someone else's hair in the shower. They also didn't have regular coffee in the room and claimed that they were out. The jogging route they recommended was a little lame. But other than those things, it was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SteenerStreet
Toronto
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Visited Orlando Universal studios with teenage daughter... this hotel (although was expensive)
compared to off site properties you can stay at (approx double the price) all worked out to be the best decision I made. We were in a nice room - nothing luxurious but clean, and quite. The bed I was in needs to be replaced (but the front desk took that note down and possibly they will replace after we left). This location is excellent. You can either walk along a beautiful path surrounded by a waterway and gardens to all the Universal parks.. or take a boat which was running about every 10-15 mins (hardly had to wait)... By staying at this hotel too we got alot of perks. Express in the lines at both theme parks (A MUST) , early entry to the parks.. we got in at 7 a.m. 1 hour before everyone else. Entrance to Citywalk.. but I don't really understand that.. because i never saw gates to pay to get into the citywalk.. perhaps if you drive it is different. We sat by the pool a few days. The pool wait staff is excellent. Drinks are expensive - $15.00 for some concoction in a fancy glass. Beer and Wine $6.00 but heck what can you expect for a nice hotel. Tons of chairs to sit in and all the towels you want. They even had pool events for the kids - like balloon toss, who made the biggest splash. At night they play a kid friendly movie at 8 p.m. around the pool.. when we would get back from the parks.. parents are sitting around the pool on the chairs and kids are in the pool watching the movie... Great for families.. give parents a bit of a break. The spa was great - we used it to shower and change before going to the airport. Restaurants - other than at the pool we did not visit.. a little pricey for me. But - heck you're on vacation ... splurge ! The pool was heated too... so no shock to the system when you get in. They have a boat that has squirt guns - kids seem to enjoy it. Staff very friendly. We went to visit the other Universal properties. Hard Rock and Portofino. Definately this hotel seemed to have the most kids - but then again maybe it was when we visited. Portofino - seemed more of an adult hotel - Opera playing around the resort etc.. Hard Rock.. was very similar to Pacific just with Rock and Roll Memorabilia... so make your choice.. but definately try it out..

Room Tip: We were in the tower #1 - it seems that all the rooms were good..I didn't have any issues and I...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LadybuggyToronto
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2013

After a 15 year absence from the hotel scene, courtesy of getting hooked on the RV lifestyle, I still can't believe the great experience I had at the Loews South Pacific resort inside Universal Studios.
Although I had never been here before, I was treated like an old and valued customer from my very first interaction. Before I had issued a single tip, my luggage was carefully moved from my tiny, overloaded car, all the while the bellhop offering needed information, always addressing me as "Mr. Bucklew". In the first 24 hours alone I was assisted with multiple meals, led to exactly what I wanted, how I wanted it, from restaurants that appeared to be only vaguely themed in the direction I wanted. I got accurate
shortcuts to my symposium meeting rooms, I was brought fresh squeezed orange juice with LUNCH, at 11:30AM, hand delivered by what appeared management personnel.
I experienced an overwhelming anticipation of needs that weren't ordinary by people who weren't always in their element, but still delivered impeccably. My every need, large and small, simple or complex, was handled as if everyone got that treatment> My dog was personally and professionally invited to join me next time in a manner that astonished me with it's genuine warmth, compass and knowledge of a large pet's needs

Room Tip: Stay in Tower 3, very central location with nice view of lagoon and natural Florida "gator coun...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
LONDON
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Hotel atmosphere makes you feel like you are in Hawaii! Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, my son slept on a rollaway, even though it was very narrow, it was a normal mattress size and my son found it comfortable. A bonus is that it is a sort walk to the parks. Can take a water taxi, but it seemed faster to walk? The hotel restaurants seemed expensive? The pool side restaurant added18% gratuities to the bill. This maybe only at that restaurant, we had Sunday Brunch at the main restaurant there was a a lot of choices and lots of fresh fruit. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family