“Enjoyable, awesome staff”

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #56 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 December 2013

First of all the staff are very very helpful, quick to make you feel welcome and make your stay enjoyable. It is about 7-10 minute walk to the parks, and well kept. The down sides are the same for most of the "resorts" on property at these type locations, they charge you for everything you get free at the $55 a night hotels, like WiFi, free in lobby, but they charge you to use it in room, you pay for parking, so no savings there from staying off property and driving to the park, be sure to read everything, little fees are hidden everywhere. Overall was a great vacation spot, but am seeing the savings of staying off property vs being that close to the park.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rdaniel911
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Aloha rdaniel911! We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us! We appreciate you commending our staff as they are privileged to work hard each day to make a difference in our guests stays! We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the future, Mahalo!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have stayed at quite a number of high-quality resorts and this was our worst experience. The parking, luggage, restaurant and desk service were all fantastic. However, I was disappointed with the overall experience at Loews Royal Pacific. Check-in was good after a 20-minute wait. The room was small, seemed dated and the shower did not work well. It was a sub-par room, even for a chain hotel (i.e. Days Inn), let alone a supposed luxury resort! I was also extremely disappointed at the price-gouging of $15/day wifi fee...really? In 2013? Also, parking was $18/day not included. We also asked for a cot since one of our party took ill: two problems with that; one, not sure if there was space in the room for a cot; two: it would have cost $50! I slept on the floor instead, and the service desk did not seem to care. At check-out time, it seemed like I annoyed the luggage desk when asking for a luggage trolley myself...I was clearly told "no". When I asked, I was told I could not get one as they are only for bellmen. Bottom line...Pros: spotless & landscaped grounds, excellent service staff, Express Passes to parks included...Cons: sub-par room, indifference to individual circumstances, price-gouging for items such as internet, parking. I would not recommend this resort unless I could be convinced my experience was an anomaly.

1  Thank SHLROA
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great accommodation. Great service from the Front Office staff, water taxi service and staff, Hotel taxi service staff Abdel. Very helpful!My expectations as a traveler were exceeded. Staff guided me patiently w/ my inquiries from the time I reserved until we checked out. 'will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The rooms at Tower 1 are very accessible to everything.
1  Thank PurpleVan
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We did have a great time in Universal and Islands of Adventure. However I was not very happy with the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. While the amenities were nice, there were quite a few problems. The "deluxe" accommodations were not very deluxe. When we checked in, they did not have rooms together for us like we were promise (no notations on the account) The checkin line was very very long with only 3 people working the desk and took 45+ minutes to even get to the front. It cost $18 a day to self park and $25 a day for valet. The room had very large furniture that made the room seem even smaller. The mattress was hard as a rock. it was a very standard mattress with a filthy, thin egg crate style padding on it. My back and hips are still hurting from sleeping on them. My 3 years old had a small accident on the bed and all they brought us was 3 top sheets (no replacement egg crate or fitted sheets) The shower head was not cleaned out and sputtered a lot. Our Early entry passes were only good for Islands of Adventure. When we finally did go to Islands of Adventure we were told very wrong information and kept being pushed to the back of the line. No one at Universal or Islands could give us a straight answer (it felt like no one communicated with each other) Even the managers seemed a bit lost on what was going on. I was told I paid for a Character Dining Experience when I got to the Hotel they said there were no reservations for it. The only remaining Character Breakfast they had was for 11 am.

However, The parks were so much fun. The Manager of the Hotel did a great job trying to figure out the mix up of the dining problem and gave us some breakfast vouchers. Chris at the front desk did a great job doing an extensive search and getting us connecting rooms. The Restaurant Staff & Chefs was very accommodating and understanding to my mothers severe allergies.The Chef even came out to our table to help my mom choose what would be the best for her and even made special items just for her every time he was on duty!

Room Tip: Get on 3rd or higher floor if you want a better view.
1  Thank babycbgirl
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Aloha babycbgirl! Thank you for writing a review on the details of your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for any requests that were missed prior to your arrival. We are glad Chris was able to assist you. Please know our Housekeeping team will be notified of your comments so we can retrain as necessary. We regret to hear you had a challenge with your dining package and we hope the Manager on Duty was really of some help. Thank you once again and we hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us in the future, Mahalo!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

The location of the Resort is the best thing it has going for it. It allows for you to get front of the line access which to me is worth the money. At the same time the rooms themselves are as normal as it gets. Nothing extra and nothing special but if you are going when it is busy spend the money and stay at the resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

First impression was the valet and bell team. Very professional and made me feel very welcome. The same level of service continued throughout my stay. Having the Express Pass and early entry to Harry Potter was a very welcome benefit of staying at the hotel. Water Taxi service was great. Only issue, is their very very slow internet connection speeds. I am looking forward to a return visit so that I can attend the Luau. Wish the Luau was held more than one night a week.

1  Thank Steven L
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. The only pros for this hotel is its location to Universal Studios theme parks and the excellent customer service I received from the staff. Everything else is a negative. I guess the snake that slithered, in front of me, across the sidewalk as I was walking up to the hotel entrance should have been my warning of what awaited me. The hotel has an 'outdated' feel, the rooms definitely need remodeling. Upon entering my room, it was immediately noted to have a humid smell and odor, moldy environment, like it needed to be aired out and cleaned. After cranking up the a/c for all it was worth, the humid, sticky, icky feeling decreased. However, the moldiness of it really put my allergies into overdrive. The room literally made me sick. I was also less than impressed with the food. I ordered room service but could not, rather would not, eat it. The salmon had a rotten smell. As a matter of fact, when it was being wheeled back into the hallway, another guest passing by mentioned the odor. That's how bad it was. The resort did refund me the price of the meal, but not all the additional room service charges that were tacked on. I tried one of the restaurants on site. I forget the name of it, but its the only one that has an all-American type menu. It was better than nothing I guess. There are too many hotels/resorts in the Orlando area to select from that fall in this same price range...consider all your options before booking at this one. If you want to stay on their property, try their other hotel, the Portofino Bay one. I believe it is pricer, but I have heard the amenities are much better, cleaner, and updated than this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business