“Love this hotel!”

Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
Ranked #57 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Loews Royal Pacific is a beautiful hotel with lots of special details. The pool is gorgeous with plenty of lounge chairs with sunny and shady places to sit. Good for kids and adults. The pool and the jacuzzi were clean. The rooms were great with nice beds and super soft comforters and the towels were nice and large. The service was excellant, they brought us a toothbrush and extra towels very quickly. The restaurants were really good and reasonable. My teenagers loved the game room. I would definitely go back again and highly recommend it.

1  Thank Cathy333P
There are newer reviews for Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando

Reviewed 3 March 2009

If you are going to Universal Stuidos for more than a day or two, and not renting a car, it pays to stay on site! This was the first time I stayed on Universal property and my husband and I decided that the next time we visit, it is the only way to go. The Express Pass privilage for staying on site saved us hours in line!

The catch though... we wouldn't pay more than $200 - $250 a night to stay here. Yes the hotel is beautiful, the rooms were very comfortable, clean, and a good size, and being able to walk to the attrations was fantastic. Also, the atmosphere is so tropical that you forget you're in Orlando Florida and the hotel is pet friendly. But, I would check out the fees to park your car on property, we thought we saw a sign that said $20 a night (valet), and breakfast is not included.

1  Thank confetti21
Reviewed 1 March 2009

This is a fabulous hotel on site Universal Studios. Friendly staff, great pool area, with cabanas and nicely heated pool and hot tubs, nice rooms.
Of course the big sell is the front of the line access (FOTL) in the parks. We stayed only one night as the price is steep during school vacation week, with AAA discount we paid $246+/nite. But, because it was vacation week, the parks were full and the FOTL benefit really paid off. General wait times were 50 minutes, we waited 10 minutes tops! Your room key gets you this access and is good on both check -in and check-out day. (Room key gives you unlimited access to rides and I believe the express ticket that you can buy at the gate only allows you 1 ride on each ride using the FOTL option--you can ride as much as you want, but only 1 time in the express line) My favorite was the pool area, pool kept very warm, nice setting, lots of Palm trees, nice pool bar with great food as well, great service. Will LOVE to return someday!! Only real downside was the parking fee at the resort, after paying what we did, couldn't parking be free???
We also tried the Sushi Bar in the hotel, VERY GOOD with excellent service!

1  Thank geekie
Reviewed 26 February 2009

This was our third stay onsite. We took advantage of the buy 3, get 2 free deal and purchased park tickets separately. Staff was great. Public areas appeared clean.

One evening I returned to the room alone not feeling well. Turned on the TV and tried to change channels. TV was frozen. Tried to use buttons on tv and they didn't work either. TV swiveled, so I turned the tv to unplug the cord and plug back in. That didn't work either. (Apparently they have it programmed to not work??!!) It was determined, the batteries were dead in the remote.

So anyway, that is when I discovered the very thick dust covered back of the TV. I was shocked. I immediately checked other areas of the room and found dust caked on the lamp shades above the bed, on the emergency lighting, on the wall behind the tv and other areas.

When I picked up the phone to call about the tv not working, it looked as though the phone hadn't been wiped down it quite some time either. I called to get someone up there about the tv, but didn't bother with the dust issue that night as I said I wasn't feeling well. I did however take pictures of all of it.

The next day after breakfast we spoke with the front desk manager and I showed him the pics on my camera. He appeared appauled and immediately felt the resolution would be a free breakfast cert. for Islands Dining Room??!! He assured us the room would be spotless on our return from the parks. When we returned, the room was cleaner, but not up to expectations.

That same day, the batteries in the safe died! We had to call to have someone come up and open the safe so we could get our things and to change that battery.

When we arrived home, I filled out the survey that Loews sends out after your stay, but have not heard back from them yet. I will attach the pics. This was tower 1, room 1641.

2  Thank SNicksed
Reviewed 19 February 2009

The Good:
- Sushi restaurant (try the white tuna sashimi)
- The main bar (AMAZING DECOR inside the main bldg)
- Jakes (good burgers and where the action is after 9:30PM)
- Islands Dining Room (try the tuna sliders)
- The pool restaurant (food was pretty good/try the nachos or huge ceasar salad)
The Great:
- The pool and the entire grounds surrounding the pool (large pool, lots of chairs, warm pool temperature, stuff for the kids to play with)
- The pool staff (everyone was friendly and accomodating)
- Location (to the parks)
The OK:
- Rooms (I found them small and cramped. Also, many of the rooms in building 3 actually overlook the highway. Ask for a pool view if you end up in bldg 3.)
- Club floor (if you want luxury and to be treated like a king, go to the Portofino. One drink at a time policy, plus food that ran out with minimal choices. God forbid you arrive 5 minutes late and ask for another drink.)
- The drinks at the pool bar (nothing like paying $10 for a mixed drink with 50% ice)
- The cost for scotch or rum on the rocks.(at $14-$20 a glass)
- Lack of night life during off-season. (pool bar closes at 6PM Sunday-Thursday. The entire pool grounds closed at 10PM)

2  Thank jrman66
Reviewed 16 February 2009

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful resort last week - Feb. 6-11, 2009. We mainly chose the place due to the convenience of being located on the Universal property (which means Express entry to all the rides), and because they were offering a great rate. The standard room normally runs about $239 per night, but we stayed for $129 per night (extra value season rate). We ended up loving everything about this hotel. The place is gorgeous inside and out. The staff could not have been nicer. Very clean and comfortable (not to mention nicely decorated) room. They have a very nice set up in the room for coffee drinkers, which was a nice plus since we didn't have to go out and spend extra $ at Starbucks every morning! We did have to move to another room after our first night due to the noise - they had put us in room 3303 (which is on the main level, right off the lobby next to the elevator). They gladly accomodated us and moved us to the 7th floor (nice view), far from the elevator. My husband did ask for them to comp us the first night but they couldn't do that for whatever reason. They did, however, comp us a nice dinner at their Islands restaurant - which was a 3 course meal that would have cost about as much as much as a one night's stay, so no complaints! The location is very convenient as well. We are normally Disney people, but we decided to change things up a bit this year and do Universal and Islands of Adventure. It was a nice change since we didn't have to deal with any buses, or crowds, or waiting in long lines....very easy to get back and forth either on foot or via water taxi.
The only negative thing is that you do have to pay for parking at this resort - $15/day for self-parking (which is what we did), or $22/day for valet.
Other than that, we had a wonderful experience and hope to come back soon!

3  Thank sunzabird
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I stayed in the hotel about four years ago. I remembered it nicer than it was this time around. I stayed in tower 2 but I think tower 1 was nicer. The breakfast buffet in the Islands Dining Room was OK but not worth it for $17+ per person if you like to eat healthy.

About room 2615 - some nearby room had pipe hammer - a banging noise from the plumbing when a water valve is turned off. It could have been a sink, shower or toilet, but it was pretty loud. It also went on throughout the night - maybe six or eight times - but it was loud enough to wake you up. We know that someone else was moved from the room because we got his corporate convention gift bag (that part was pretty cool) AND after we called downstairs, they accidentally called us back and said, "someone else is complaining about the noise." Nice negotiation power huh? With some pressure, we got free breakfast one day and a little credit on our bill so I think they made good of the situation.

• Check-in / front desk