We had a fabulous time at the Hard Rock hotel (stayed here Dec 2011) and wouldn’t stay anywhere else if we return. Staying on property was the best choice! So close to everything and all you had to do was walk 10 min to get there! Having the fast pass was the icing on the cake! We also did the club level room and were so happy we did! Everyone has their own opinion on where to stay and what kind of amenities they want/need. I will do my review on our family’s needs/wants! We were a family of four with two daughters (14 and 18). We went knowing full well that this wouldn’t be a cheap choice, but we were celebrating several events! We wanted the added convenience of everything that the Hard Rock provides.
The hotel is very beautiful and loved the layout. The people/staff were the best and always so helpful. Never ran into one rude worker! Loved the Velvet Lounge and enjoyed several nights at the bar. The bartenders were entertaining for sure! The open lounge area in the main entry level has free wi fi and it was nice to just hang out and read a book there too! We only went to the pool once but it is a wonderful pool area. The grill/bar by the pool is a great option to eat or just have drinks and watch a game. We also ate at The Kitchen which had a great breakfast buffet and dinner was also very good. I will also note that drinks and food here are not cheap! So know that before you go and don’t come back complaining on TA about it!!! If you are a drinker I would totally recommend stopping at a liquor store on the way….drinks and wine are like $10 each here!!! There is Emack & Bolio’s marketplace on the first floor that is like a small convenience store with snacks, coffee, breakfast items, ice cream; etc. We didn’t try anything here.
We stayed in the club level room and really enjoyed the added amenities. Again……to each his own but if we went back I would certainly do it again! It was great having the breakfast and the kids could go back and forth as they liked (we usually brought breakfast back to our room!). There was afternoon snacks and drinks that was nice to have also. The evening hours d’overs and drinks were a great addition and we took advantage of them too! Just to let you know the drinks were beer and wine only. The wine was just fine with me!! Again, stop on the way to the hotel for liquor!! The hours d’overs were “heavy” with items like meat balls, cheese, chicken wings, salad…..it changed every day. I’m sure some folks could make it their dinner if you wanted to!! Later at night they had desserts. We utilized them all and it was great to have with teens! There was always plenty of bottled water throughout the day and we always took several bottles to the room and then took 1 or 2 into the park. That is a savings in itself!!
The room was nicely laid out with plenty of room for our family of four. There was a small chair/sitting area with a table and two chairs also. The bathroom was a great layout, especially with two teen girls!! The toilet/tub area could be closed with a door and it also had a sink area which I have never seen in a hotel. Then there was a larger sink and mirrored area that someone else could use while the shower/toilet area was utilized. Plenty of toiletries were provided also. Then there was a bar area with a locked frig with pay amenities and on top of it was a fabulous Keurig coffee maker. We LOVED having this and used it every morning. It also had tea and hot chocolate! The closet area had plenty of room with hangers and it also had a safe. We fit in an apple laptop and two iPads and they fit perfectly! There was also a dresser with six drawers in the room for clothes, etc. If you want to be in a quieter area of your floor, make sure you ask upon check in. We were next to some horribly noisy people! We called to change rooms and Hard Rock did it with no problems. They were so helpful and never questioned us!
We had a great time at Hard Rock and if we return this will be our first and only choice! This is definitely a place for being spoiled and treated like royalty. We loved the advantages of staying on property for all the benefits. Would never return to Universal without the fast pass!! Also, loved the club level rooms! Again to each his own and it was all worth every penny for us. Know before you go that there is nothing budget about this place so don’t come back to tripadvisor and complain about the expense!!!! Again……worth it all! Let me know if you have any questions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida