Just returned from five days at the Hard Rock at Universal, and can't say enough good things about our stay. We were two families, totaling 3 adults and 3 children. Hotel is about 25 min from the airport. We rented a minivan, because we also did a day trip to Legoland (another review, but a great time). Upon arrival at Hard Rock, we were so impressed. The property is spotless, and the staff is terrific. The check in desk spent about 20 mins going over all the amenities and telling us about the parks, the restaurants, etc. Our rooms were clean, well decorated, and well equipped with free wifi, cable, etc. I am a nut about things being clean, and everything here was spotless. Housekeeping did a great job each day while we were out. We did notice room service left trays out longer than expected, but not a problem. There is an in room docking station for iPhone, which was a nice extra. Pool area was gorgeous and extremely well staffed and well maintained. Every staff person we dealt with during our stay was friendly, and went out of their way to bring us more towels, give advice, accommodate requests, and was generally extremely friendly. The Kitchen restaurant was great for breakfast (buffet was included in our package and was AWESOME). We had dinner twice at the pool bar restaurant-great place to unwind after a day at the parks, and they even had a "dive in movie" each night. Kids loved the huge water slide, and adults loved that the pool is never deeper than about 5 feet, so no stress watching children. Went to Universal one day, and Islands of Adventure the other, plus strolling on City Walk both days. Hotel is super accessible to parks, either on a beautiful walking trail (5 min) or by water taxi. Rock and pop music pumped into every nook and cranny (it is the Hard Rock, after all), and great rock and roll items throughout. Kids loved the guitar fountain, and the music themed rooms. Also had character dinners, magicians at dinner one night, and a nice play space off the restaurant for young children. Great store on ground level with Emack & Bolios ice cream, Starbucks coffee/lattes, and snacks.
PROS: Express pass makes this a no-brainer. Made ALL the difference in enjoying the park. Clean rooms, good food, great pool area (open and lifeguards from 8am-10pm), super close to parks, included breakfast, great staff.
CONS: $15/day to self park. Walls between rooms not very sound proof. Would suggest that light sleepers bring earplugs or white noise of some sort. We were so tired each day that it wasn't a big deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida