“The location is the best”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #45 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
“The location is the best”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The location was great, pool was excellent, other than that its just a nice hotel with a high price tag, it's a really short walk to the parks, food was expensive, wifi was not free nor was fitness room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
birmingham
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Staying in the hard rock really made our trip to orlando special. Much MUCH better than any of the disney hotels. Hard rock was quite pricey (especially the food - eek!), but you certainly get what you pay for. The rooms were lovely, lots of marble, very spacey. Most comfortable hotel bed of all time! Pool was excellent, always clean and relaxed (not many noisey kids yay!) and they put on nightly events such as pool games or putting a film on the projector over the poolside. I cannot fault my stay at the hard rock hotel, the staff were friendly and obliging and it was overall an amazing place to stay. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here because the Portofino was sold out. We have stayed at several Hard Rock Hotels but not this one in Orlando. We had a club level room with 2 queens. The room was nicely decorated and everything was in good condition. The staff was very friendly, the valet manager was awesome (fellow Heat fan) and our luggage attendant Eggy was very nice. We loved that it is only a 3 minute walk to Universal from this hotel.

2 Thank AngelaWar18
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. Had a wonderful time until 3 hrs after I checked out and unpacked I realized I had left some pretty expensive creams in the hotel bathroom. I called the hotel right away so they could check with the the girl who cleaned our room before she went home. They put me through to security where I talked with the head of security. He told me she had gone home and he would check with her tomorrow. I asked him the hotels policy with lost stuff. He said no matter what it was, the cleaning staff put it in a bag and room number and drop it off at security. So far she had not done it. The next day no one called so I called and asked to speak with the hotel manager. He said nothing was turned in but would give me a discount my next stay. A discount is not what I was looking for. I asked him to please check with this girl and have security get back to me. Guess what?! No one called back and 2 days later I called them again. This time the excuse was, the girl was off the first day and then he was off the next 2, so he was just getting to it. He told me he would call me back. He called me back an hour later to inform me that no one had seen it, sorry. I ave absolutely no doubt that I left them in the bathroom. So, needless to say I will not be going back to this hotel and using their discount coupon. As long as they continue to employ thieves, all who stay there should be very careful.

3 Thank Sharon D
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you want to be treated like royalty, the Hard Rock Orlando is the place to go. I will not go into all the details, but staff, from the front desk. Concierge, wait staff, and the bartenders are sensational with customer service. They go out of there way to make it pleasant. I stayed at the boardwalk in Disney last year, but this exceeded even the famous Disney standards.

Room Tip: Concierge level is great, but floors are great. Plus free fast pass if you stay.
2 Thank Darren P
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed for one night and were able to just walk in and make a reservation for that night. This was before the 4pm check in time, yet we were able to access the room straight away. Within the price of the room, you get express passes for use at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure which would normally add about $70 each to the cost of park tickets. You can buy your tickets for the park from the concierge. The parks are a pleasant 5 minute walk away, through beautiful gardens although you can take advantage of the hotel's shuttle boat or rickshaw service (free except for a tip). The pool area was lovely and open until late, with a relaxed atmosphere. Bars and pool attendants are available. Inside the hotel there is dining and drinking options; we spent a few hours in the Velvet bar, which stayed open past its 1:30am close to serve us a last drink - excellent service! There are also plenty of bars, restaurants and shops by the parks. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay and would definitely recommend staying here when visiting the parks.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank lovetheelf
wakefield
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks in a standard room with partial view across the pool area. Main reason for this choice was because of the location. We had chosen not to hire a car so the ability to be walking distance from the parks was crucial.

Overall, this is an impressive hotel but lots of room for improvements and I am sure that they are successful based purely on location.

Costs of food and drinks are very high.

Room was of a good standard and included 2 double beds - this was a bit tight for 2 Adults and 2 teenagers for 2 weeks but manageable.

There were 2/3 occasions during our stay where private functions were taking place and these seemed to take priority. The whole reception area was closed off for these events and it did spoil things.

Pool area was good but always crowded and we struggled to get sunbeds during the afternoons.

Also disappointed with Virgin as there was no rep available in the resort and we were told to go along to another hotel for a welcome meeting but it was not in walking distance. This made us feel a little isolated.

Overall, an excellent location within walking distance to Universal. Good hotel but not 5*

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family