“WONDERFUL ... way beyond expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #45 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
GA
“WONDERFUL ... way beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

WOW. Double WOW. This place is just COOL!!! When you drive up the guitar fountain is going, friendly bellman greets you, check in is a breeze with super friendly & helpful staff, room was amazingly clean, of course we were the 1st ones to stay in this newly remodeled room on the 6th floor! Kurig & coffee for 4 each morning, convenient in room refrigerator, safe in closet mounted up high & easy to reach & use, bathroom was great because there is a nice big vanity space with make up mirror, but there is also a small sink in the tub & toilet area as well. The wall behind the big vanity mirror looks & feels like leather (sure it's faux but it's cool!). Comfortable beds & bedding, 2 chairs & table by window, new flat screen TV & desk were great because I did have to work a little. Loved having an outlet strip & USB by the desk and also a USB on table between the beds - with everyone having phones & ipads to charge this was huge. Also you get free WiFi for 5 devices! Went to both parks & ate dinner at Hard Rock Café, all of which were just as wonderful, but staying at this resort made everything so much better because it's so close to the parks & City Walk! The pool area is beautiful and wait staff very nice & friendly, the "dive in" movie was perfect, nice way to relax at end of busy day... lots of kids going in & out, having fun, tons of lounge chairs & pool towels handy. Waterslide & underwater music were both cool - music everywhere, it was great! We had a center pool view room & it was so pretty to see each morning .... This was our first trip to Universal, but one major thing we learned is it is so worth paying to stay at this great resort because you get the express passes for free!! You actually end up paying less than if you stayed @ a cheaper resort & buy the express pass separately. Loved not having to get on a bus!! Took the water taxi many times & it's quick & relaxing and we also took the bicycle carriage one time and was nice too! Can't wait to go back to this little piece of heaven :)))

Room Tip: Ask for newly remodeled room if available
3 Thank pcbeachbum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hard rock universal for 5 nights with my boyfriend this past May. It was a couples vacation we decided to take with my sister and her boyfriend.

We arrived at the hotel around 1pm. My boyfriend and I splurged for a King Suite room. Room# 5065. I was really glad we did. My sister and her boyfriend got the standard garden view double bed room it was nice but ours was much nicer. Our suite room was so spacious, love the decor and color patterns. A very comfortable king size bed I had the best nights sleep there. House keeping did a great job every day too. The room had two flat screen tvs and A pull out queen couch sofa.

We ate room service breakfast 3 mornings while we were there. We ordered a variety of meals different days. No complaints at all. The food came up fast, the server was always pleasant and helpful and the food was warm and yummy every time.

we ate breakfast twice at The Kitchen restaurant and the service and food was good as well.

We also ate at the pool bar and Palm restaurant in the hotel. No complaints from either. Yummy food and good service.

The hotel lobby is absolutely gorgeous at this hotel. I love all the rock photos and art. The hotel gift shop was great too a lot of cute clothes bathing suits and gifts to buy.

I also love the music playing through out the hotel and lobby and elevators while you walk around its a great vibe.

We only did night swimming at the hotel during our stay bc we did the parks daytime but I loved it. The pool grounds are beautiful. It was actually a lot more relaxing and private little to absolutely no kids bothering us. And the hot tub was great.

This is the 4th time I've stayed at this hotel. It is without the best property to stay at. You cant beat the location. Walking distance to Island of Adventure, Universal Studios and city walk. They also have a nice water taxi. They keep the grounds absolutely beautiful. The path walking around the hotel to the parks is gorgeous. They have this beautiful butterfly garden too, very nice for a wedding proposal.

I really dont have anything bad to say about my stay. I will list the few cons I can think of that others might have an issue with.

Cons
I think because our room was so bug it was hard to get all of the room cool with the air unit. The living room area felt freezing but the bedroom area felt warmer. Small issue maybe they should update their cooling units

The tv channels were pretty decent. I always love when a hotel has ppv movies. There were a few times our channels had glitches and went out for a bit. They had HBO but not other cable movie channels maybe they could update their systems and add Showtime and Encore. Ive stayed at Hampton inns that have better channels with less issues so for the price of the hard rock thats something they can fix. Again small issue for people like myself that like good tv in hotel rooms.

Another small issue some might flip out over but I didn't make a big deal. Our room took awhile to get ready bc their king suites are limited. We waited by the pool bar and had lunch. When I called the front desk to ask how the room was coming along the front desk girl was a bit nasty to me and had an attitude saying "we will call you when its ready"and hung up. yes I totally understood those directions and I just called with an update bc we were going to take a dip in the pool so if it was not much longer we wouldn't of went in. Point is She shouldn't of been nasty or rude. Now im 30 years old so still young and I brushed it off my back. But I know older guests or people with chips on their shoulders would of made a scene about that so maybe the hotel should discuss that with their front desk employees so issues dont happen. Just my two cents.

I loved our room however since my first stay at the hard rock in 2004, 10 years ago the rooms look a bit dated but when we were checking out the bell hop told us their doing crazy renovations for the next year. So I am excited to come back now after these cool updates they are finally making.

Lastly again this might be an issue for some I was ok with it. Some would feel this trip is pricey for them so they will complain about everything bc they didnt feel they got their value for the money. Yes it is definitely a pricey trip. But thats because its an on site hotel with express passes and awesome amenities. I thought the value for what I got was just fine but others might have an issue bc it honestly is an expensive trip and im just a couple. For people with kids your going to be paying a lot more so just be prepared. If you got the money great! And enjoy yourselves :)

I will be back to the hard rock again in the future! Still an excellent hotel and experience everytime!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jennifer C
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Having come from a Disney property first, there were noticeable maintenance differences. The walls, switches, and thermostat needed a good wiping down and were discolored. The mirror at the bathroom sink had gooped up remnants of past guests. Washclothes and toiletries not replaced on day 2. Upon first use of the bathroom, we noticed hairs on the bathroom from previous guests behind the door and up against the wall. On the positive, the beds were comfortable. The location if going to Universal Studios was great, whether walking alongside the water or using the water taxi service. The pool was enjoyable just make sure you bring your room key because there are employees checking. Be prepared to wait a while in the checkin line as the process seems inefficient and not well staffed for usual check in times.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

2 Thank K C
JAX904
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here over the Memorial Day Weekend, and it was a fun time. The Hotel is situated close to the main gate for Universal Studios, and is a short stroll away. Or if you'd rather take the water taxi to the City Walk, it's a short wait. For a small fee, you can have someone bike you to the entrance of the City Walk as well. Regardless of how you get to the parks, or City Walk, it's a very convenient location for the hotel.

The rooms are clean, but a little small for a family of four. There are restaurants on site, and you can always call for room service at any time. We used the room service dine in and the food portions were huge! The Kitchen restaurant has excellent food as well. The pool area can get packed, especially on the hotter days, but it's very kid friendly, being that it is shallow, and not meant for diving into. There is also a water slide for everyone to enjoy.

One of the perks of staying at the Hard Rock Hotel is that they give you Express Passes for the two parks. The wait in line was very minimal, and we were able to ride pretty much everything we wanted to. The family really enjoyed this stay even if it was for a few days, but because of it's location to where it is to the parks and City Walk, along with the Express Passes, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lichfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

First time staying at this hotel facied a change as we usually stay in a villa in Orlando.
Absolutely beautiful hotel, very clean and great service.
We got on the boat every morning over to universal & islands this was brilliant as it cuts all queing for bag check out as they do it on the boat.
Also loved the fast passes you very included in your stay these are well worth the stay there especially with two young children.
The location & scenery of this hotel is gorgeous felt like we were in the Caribbean.
Only big downside to this hotel is car parking fees, they are really steep and the hotel is not cheap to stay in from the start they should maybe consider halting the car park fee because you need a car to get around.
Overall a brilliant holiday would definitely return here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jennanathan
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here in a kids suite with my 3 kids age 14,10 & 3 & their grandmother. We loved the hotel! We did arrive early at 9 am so we could enjoy the pool however the pool closed due to storms & our room was not ready until after 4. The room was clean & large. The staff was friendly & helpful. We went to both parks while here but would go back just to stay at hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

1 Thank Wanda Brock B
HardRockHotelOrlando, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando! Delighted to hear your entire family loved the hotel. From dive-in-movies at the Beach Club to specialty cocktails at the Velvet Bar there is something for Rockers of all ages. Rock On!
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here in November and was disappointed to find that despite being located near a kids' theme park, this hotel should be rated "adults only". Thought the theming would be fun for my pre-teen and young teen children, but what we found were advertisements for hookah parties and a heavy emphasis on drinking. Lots of middle-aged singles and couples there and we felt a bit out of place. Rooms were run down and walls were paper thin. We heard everyone's comings and goings at all hours of the night. Not a pleasant experience after a long day at the park.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family