We stayed here 4 days this month (June 2014). My wife and I both noticed the music loop they use, was almost the same stuff they were playing 10 years ago when we were there ! (The music gets better on the weekends). Huey Lewis, Flock of Seagulls...really? "Hard Rock"?
I don't think there was 1 Beatle song, and we didn't hear any Stones, Who or Zep until Friday( our last day).
I really hope they upgrade the music that permeates the entire hotel with a better mix of real hard rock and newer things, even Pearl Jam or Coldplay, Nickelback, Slash !,
Since there are a lot of kids. I'm sure mixing in even things adults "hate" like One Direction, Paramore, Bieber etc., would make the kids happy.
Anyway, the property is still lovely, the rooms comfortable and staff friendly, and that what really counts, isn't it?
We stayed in the Rock Royalty rooms on floor 7 (used to be called Club Level), you need a key on the elevator to get up to the 7th floor. If you have the extra cash it's worth it, if only for the club room where you can get a snack and waters all day, continental breakfast in the morning, and 5-7 every evening a free cocktail hour with appetizers. The wine and sparkling were low-end, and the beers was usually Bud Light, but hey...it's "free".
I saw many a family with several kids in there getting a full dinner of chicken fingers, potstickers, BBQ chicken.
Also you can't beat the proximity to Universal. It's a short walk on a path lined with some wonderful landscaping. 10 minutes if you're not hurrying. You can also take their water taxi to Universal or City Walk, or the other onsite hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida