“Family friendly!! Worth the money!!”

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Ranked #43 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Crystal City, Missouri
“Family friendly!! Worth the money!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is our second time staying at the Hard Rock in Orlando. We stayed on the sixth floor which had just recently been remodeled. Our room was even better than the one last year! This hotel is family friendly and has all the amenities you could want! It is within walking distance of both Universal parks and the City Walk area. The pool shows family movies every night and they were a favorite part of the trip for our kids. Every staff member is friendly and helpful and you feel comfortable there. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are wanting to stay close to Universal and want a resort experience. Because we stayed there, we also got fast pass access to the parks and priority seating at certain restaurants. It does have its perks!!

1 Thank Heather K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elburn, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My only beef about this hotel is self service loading and unloading of your car. When I got to the hotel I drove up to the front and grabbed a cart to start unloading my car. By the time I had it loaded one of the door guys came up and kindly mentioned that they are a full service hotel and only they can use the carts. I said fine but I need another cart. He left and never came back. I grabbed the second cart and loaded that one as well. He comes back now and says he will help bring the carts up. I give him a good tip thinking he was going to bring the two carts back to the room. Instead he hands them off to another guy who then brings them to the rooms forcing me to tip two people. When I got up to the room I politely told the second guy to get his tip from the first guy as I told him the first guy did nothing for me and I had no idea I was tipping the wrong person.

In any event the hotel does not make it easy for people who want to load or unload their own cars. There are no elevators that go down to the parking lot forcing you to walk down two stories of stairs and the carts are off limited to those who want to move their own luggage. Aside from that we had an issue with a dead battery in the door so we couldn't open the door to our room. We had a dead refridgerator and that took some time to get sorted out but in both cases the hotel staff seemed to handle it well.

Other than that the hotel was very nice and clean. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The double queen room was small forcing us to move a 200 pound granite table to be able to fit a blowup bed in the room. We only ate at the beach club but the food there was fine. I wish the pool was deeper than 4 feet but a nice pool it was. Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Double Queen rooms are rather small.
2 Thank PinkFlamingoSanibel
HardRockHotelOrlando, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience here at the Hard Rock Hotel. Please accept our apologies for the confusion regarding your arrival experience. The valet and bell service staff are available 24/7 for both guets who self-park and guests who valet. When arriving to property, if you plan to self park, please pull forward to the valet entrance so that we may assist with your bags before you self-park. Hope to see your family again the next time you are in Orlando!
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

You can't beat the location. Almost on the front steps of Universal Studios. They have boats that pick you up right at the hotel and take you to the park, or you can walk in no time at all. The staff is wonderful, friendly and take care of your needs. The pool is beautiful. The only complaint I would have is the loud guests in the hall at 1 am, but that is not the hotels fault. Definitely try the breakfast buffet, it is spectacular. If you are lucky, you will get Jess to wait on you, best service I ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grapeeyes
As a Senior Contributor we sincerely appreciate your perfect five star star review on TripAdvisor. Our Kitchen resturant offers a ledgendary Rock Star Buffet that is a great way to start off your day! Our guests love Jess and her great service. Rock on!
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Fantastic hotel within minutes walking distance to both Universal parks. You could take a boat from the park back to the hotel after a hard days fun in the parks. On check in your room key comes with a personalised CD for you to take home... A lovely souvenir for music lovers.
Rooms were lovely with great toiletries provided and a well stocked mini bar and water. Hotel restaurant was fab as well as a great deli to take away. On the last Thursday of every month there is a music event in the main foyer/bar which unfortunately is not free to hotel guests Bar area closed off and unless you pay the somewhat pricey admission you can't get in to the bar. However a brilliant added bonus is fast track to all rides in the parks when you stay at an on site hotelFantastic holiday would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are less expensive with a beautiful view and the room is of the same standard
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Youngsa32
Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our reserved pool-view was not available..We were downgraded to a motel-quality room with no working window, as opposed to upgraded to a better room as happened in the past. Pool was still good. Rundown

2 Thank Todd G
Todd - We're very sorry to hear that your expereience at the Hard Rock was less than flawless. We are having some "work" done off and on this year to completely re-image our rooms and enchance the rock star experience. I understand our management team has reached out to you directly to ensure your aboslute satisfaction. If you feel that there is something you are not completely satsified with please reach out to us at hardrockcustomerservice@loewshotels.com . We hope to have you with us again soon!
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Hard Rock Hotel Orlando is an awesome hotel. Whether you are a huge music fan or not, you will definitely love this hotel. Awesome staff, awesome pool, just an overall awesome experience!! Did I mention it's AWESOME!

1 Thank Brian M
Brian - Thanks for your 5-star review! We always love to hear that our guests are having awesome experiences. Rock on!
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked Hard Rock as one of the choice hotels for a conference. The booking was for a king room. When I checked in, the desk clerk confirmed my king reservation and stated that I would have to wait to check in as only queen rooms were available. A king was imperative as I had extended my stay beyond the conference since my husband was joining me at some point to celebrate our anniversary. About two hour later I received a text that my room was ready, returned to the desk and received my keys. Problem started when I opened my door and behold..... 2 queen beds. When I called down to the front desk I was being told they had no king beds. The clerk was argumentative to get me to a manager but eventually did. Alejandro also states no king available. When I question why there would be availability on line he rechecks his inventory and says there actually is one......next problem .....it is on the first floor and it was like being in a basement going down the hall and the path to the water taxi is right outside the door. I go back onto their own website and put in 4 king suites which their system says are available. When the bell hop calls the desk to tell them I am not happy with the king and that the web says 4 are available he is told that when I'd go to complete the transaction it would not permit it because they are not available. I proceeded to complete and the order for 4 rooms went through. Back up to the lobby to Alejandro who then says that the system allows them to go into a negative inventory on a room type and when the person comes in they May or may not get the selected room. Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the car rental when Jerry so eloquently says " you know how to take a reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation. And holding the reservation is the most important part of the reservation". My intelligence was further insulted when Alejandro thinks that if he sends a cheap bottle of champagne to my room that that will make those two queen beds miraculously into 1 king bed. We ended up cutting our time short and spending the rest of our time together in siesta key. I kept injuring my knee going around one of the queen beds since the mattress was about 6 inches from the foundation edge and the corner kept getting hit. When we called about that issue, security was supposed to come up for a report.......never saw them. Good riddens Hard Rock.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank diane2484
Diane - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We're sorry to hear that you did not like the location of the king bed room that was selected for you. As you chose to remain in a room with two queen beds, Alejandro had intended to help you celebreate your special occassion with a bottle of champage compliments of the hotel. It's dishearteneing you and your husband did not enjoy the sentiment of the amenity. If you'd like to discuss your experience you may reach us via hardrockcustomerservice@loewshotels.com. We look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.