Stayed here because of the perks that come with it. Express passes and early entry to parks. Without those our trip to Universal would not have been nearly as enjoyable.
This is a resort type hotel so you will have bell hops to help load and unload your baggage. Our bell hop actually talked with us for about 10 minutes about the hotel and the services available.
In addition, the restaurants on-site are expensive. But, you're paying for convenience.
Kids loved the pool area. They had a DJ that afternoon and he set up games for the kids to play. There is a café adjacent to the pool so you can eat while kids swim.
There is a nice quick-service market downstairs called Emack & Bolios. You can grab a quick hand-held breakfast to eat on the way to the parks.
Navigating around the hotel can be a little confusing. We spent some time the first evening learning the short cuts to the park. It is quicker to walk then wait on a water taxi. The water taxi is great for the trip back to the hotel since your legs are typically wore out by then.
Each person in your group will get their own room key with their name imprinted on it. This will allow them to get into the room and the pool area. There is a kiosk in the lobby that you use to get your Express Passes. It will take your picture and print it on the Express Pass. In total, you will have 3 passes to hold onto while in the park; express pass, room key & entrance pass. We used lanyards to keep them all and found that to be very handy.
We were able to check out early in the morning and the bell hops held our luggage until the end of the day (didn't pick it up until 9:30pm that night). There is a parking fee for each night you stay, but you can stay there even if you've checked out that day.
The room was clean and we were able to fit five of us. There were two queens and we used an air up mattress for the teen. The bathroom had tub, toilet and sink and outside there was a vanity with a sink. The room had a safe which we used without cost. There is no refrigerator or microwave, but there was a coffee maker. Housekeeping did a great job even with all our stuff scattered around the room. The bathroom was kept clean and we had plenty of towels. We didn't hear our neighbors but would occasionally hear people walking down the hall if they were noisy.
If I were to go to Universal again, I would definitely stay at the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, Hard Rock Hotel is in the heart of the excitement of Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal CityWalk. Guests of this hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits. Skip the regular lines at most attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited ride access - a benefit worth $89 per person, per day**. You can also take advantage of Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens, and more! (valid theme park admission required.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel At Universal Orlando Florida