“Absolutely loved it”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kildare - Ireland
“Absolutely loved it”
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We really loved this hotel. The location was fabulous and we had no complaints about anything. The staff were very helpful and when called for problem with the safe responded very quickly. We stayed on the 3rd level (reception level) and loved this. We didn't need to use elevators at all. As other reviewers have said, the express pass can not be over emphasised. I thought this would be like the disney fastpass system, but it is so much better. We sailed up to the top of each queue. If we return to Orlando, which I hope we do, we will definitely stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. My only downside would be the fitness room, which is very small, and had some equipment not working.l

1 Thank romoKildare_Ireland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Waregem
Reviewed 17 July 2009

What others discribed about the location and the hotel itself is mostly right. The only extra remark that I would give is that breakfast as forseen (if you take it) is nothing special. No cheese, no ham. Only sweet American stuff which I didn't like as an European. I can not call this a continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Dallas,TX
Reviewed 15 July 2009

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable, the food mediocre, and the pool not nearly as big as pictured on the website.

$525.00 for one night . That included the room, lunch by the pool, and coffee in the room the next morning. Did not include dinner, parking fees, and various other costs.

We wont stay there again. It was very noisy in the hallways late at night with kids running up and down, and the pool water had very bad smell.

Thanks,

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank chazrc
Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2009

The location was fantastic. Express passes let you get through the park quick. Our problems dealt with the hotel itself. We had a All Access Pass which entitled us to an upgrade in room - which we didn't get because the upgraded rooms were sold out. Okay, but then we were also supposed to get a welcome gift which they said they were out of. Our room wasn't cleaned after the first night. We had to call security around midnight because the room next to us was having a teenage party. The music was blaring and every other word was F---. I never complain, though it sounds like I'm whinning. Just trying to be honest.

2 Thank V_O_Reason
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Stayed on the 7th Floor Club Level during Christmas/New Year Holiday. With teenage sons this is the only hotel in Orlando to stay - great pool, close to parks, STAFF amazing and instantly sons made some cool friends. They and the parents just love thje HRH - especially the Front of Line Passes for both parks.

The only downside about our 4 day stay was the on-going construction work on the refurbished Club Room. This was appauling project management not to have completed before the festive season. Having to cram into a ground floor meeting room with people spilling out into the corridor. NO PRIOR NOTIFICATION WAS GIVEN ABOUT THIS WORK and NO REAL APOLOGY. The new Club Room looked cool (brief look as construction workers recovered the entire room with plastic after it failed an inspection - further delaying opening), however, cant wait to return and use it.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Thank WhenAreWeThere!
buffalo
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Stayed here in March with my friend. Both of us really enjoyed the property and especially the pool. We had a full week of 85 degrees and just loved laying around such a beautiful pool. The staff were always most helpful - from front desk, concierge, and restaurant staff. The room was adaquate. Not amazing, but I knew that when I booked it. I was really here for the convenience of location and the use of the front of the line pass. However, I can say that in March this pass was not even necessary. I just came back from another trip to Universal over July 4th weekend and I really wish I had stayed on site then and got that priviledge! Breakfast in the Kitchen was probably the best that I have ever had! We ate there twice and didn't mind paying the $20. My biggest gripe was that we rented a car for one day and because I had parked it in their lot for two hours, I was charged the daily lot fee of $22. My rental on the car for the day was only $45! And one note regarding the rental - on site property will only rent hybred cars and that was a real trip to learn how to drive! Thankfully they go out and give you a lesson before you leave with the vehicle! Next year I am returning to Orlando with my family and instead of paying a lower rate to stay off property like I just did, I would absolutely return to one of the Universal hotels like I had in March. The location and the express pass is certainly well worth the extra dollars. Hope that this review helps!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank loveisbliss
Norwich
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We stayed here for 10 days in June. We had a room on the 6th Floor.
Staff are very friendly, we had a problem with the in room safe and someone came and fixed it within 10 minutes of calling them. Rooms are comfortable and quite spacious. We had no trouble with noise from other guests as has been reported. Food and drink quite expensive but there is a Golden Corall 5 minutes away which we used quite a bit.
Pool is a bit shallow, but i am over 6 feet and could swim around in most areas.
Car park is a rip off, $15 a day so budget for this. The parks are within a 10 minute stroll through some lovely gardens, although it was 95 degrees each day which made walking difficult! They were late cleaning the rooms some days, it was 7.30pm one day, which was a pain as after a day in the parks you just want to relax and get your feet up.
However the cleaning staff were all friendly and did a very good job.
There is a laundry room where my wife spent a happy afternoon and reported it was good value. Probably the highlight of her stay! There is free WIFI in the lobby area, but a charge if you want to use it in your room.
I would definately stay here again if I was to return to Orlando.