Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando
Ranked #92 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Jupiter, United States
“Missing Item!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel room was exquisite in itself and met all expectations for an enormous, accomable 2 bedroom room, but the hassle when you leave something behind like my daughter's stuffed animal and takes 5 plus days to get an answer just completely stinks, and I'm still waiting to see if it was even found or not. Moral of the story is don't leave anything behind!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Alexander T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Earth
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Disappointments:

1) TV Lacks HDMI inputs, so no way to watch TV from a laptop or portable device.

2) No outlets bedside. One side has both outlets used for clock and lamp. Other side has one outlet but you have to pull the bedside table out to reach. There is no excuse for this - even Hampton Inns have solved this problem with extension outlets and USB bedside charging.

3) My room faced I-4 and you can easily hear the highway traffic. Again, no excuse for this as better construction would avoid such noises.

4) Bedroom clock was set 4.5 hours ahead of actual time.

5) Kitchen table / desk had broken Internet cable connector. Fortunately I travel with my own and was able to fix.

The property is well maintained and close to Disney and other attractions. Its set back from the main tourist area which is a plus yet downtown Disney is just a few minute drive.

Very friendly staff from the front desk to housekeeping. Good water pressure in the shower on third floor.

Room Tip: Avoid a room on Highway side as you will hear the traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank StarTraveler88
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our stay here was due to our preferred hotel being booked on our vacation date (Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at Sea World, which I like to stay at because I like to cook on vacation). It should be noted that this is less expensive than HGVSSW, and is smaller overall. This hotel has a kitchenette, but not a full kitchen (only two burners, no oven, a dishwasher, a full sized fridge and a microwave and place settings for four people as well as only a five quart pot, 1 quart pot, and fry pan). So, overall, the kitchenette is not as fully equipped as the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites, which has everything I could need, including washer and dryer in the room and broom and mop, etc. But the people who work here are great. I needed a colander and they lent me one from the kitchen, for example. But I prefer a bigger kitchen.
Also, the room was clean but is looking threadbare. The curtain has stains. The loveseat has stains. The cabinets have worn and chipped laminate. The extra blankets for the pullout sofa bead are frayed. The DVD did not work until the maintenance guy came and played with it...he said the cords were old. So if you like everything brand new, this is not the place for you. This stuff did not bother me, because despite being old, the place was clean. There is a notice under the door that says that the water will be shut off tomorrow midday (when I will be at Disney-world so that will not affect me) Again, I chalk it up to being old and needing more maintenance than a new place.
The other thing worth mentioning is there are a lot of free extra things similar style hotels do not have. Free breakfast, free dinner Mon-Thur., free parking, free limited shuttle to Epcot. It is about a mile from a lot of restaurants and a grocery story and about two miles to the entrance to the Disney parks. It is a very convenient location. There is a decent heated but small outdoor pool and $2 laundry with $2 dry.
I would prefer to stay at Hilton Grand Vacation Suites at Sea World, which costs more but has a bigger room overall and a bigger kitchen, as well as newer furnishings. But if I wanted to save money in the future, or if I could not get a room at HGVSSW I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We have a room facing the pool and it is quiet. I would imagine that rooms facing the highway are ve...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Searching4simplicity
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I often visit Orlando and we typically stay at the Springhill Suites (by Marriott) when we visit. This time we chose Homewood Suites because of the price and were not disappointed. The cleanliness and amentities offered at this particular Homewood Suites was wonderful. The only thing I wish the bathroom had was a bathtub vs. just a shower.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Steve K
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Homewood Suites LBV was my husband and I's home base while celebrating our 1-year anniversary in Orlando. Having cancelled our original vacation plans due to weather issues at our original desination, we booked this hotel last minute and was able to snag a studio room. Prior to arrival we were nervous about the size of the studio but were pleasantly surprised upon walking into our room. The studio room was very spacious and perfect for the two of us. Very clean and modern, great size closet and large bathroom.

Besides being a beautiful facility in a great location (close to Disney entrance, and many resturants), the staff is really what made our stay top notch. Lovely at the front desk is truly a gem. She was very friendly and even arranged for a surprise and sweet note in the room to acknowledge it was our anniversary. Everytime we passed by the lobby she provided a kind smile and hello and addressed any concerns we had.

The gentleman who cleaned the tables at breakfast (didn't catch his name), was not only helpful but very kind. Always acknowledged my husband and I and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed.

The hotel is a great value. Free breakfast, Managers Reception in the evenings Mon-Thurs (complimentary food, beer and wine), free parking and no resort fee. Close to Disney but far enough away.

The hotel had a decent size fitness room with large windows overlooking the pool. It was disappointing only one treadmill was working but it appears the two broken machines were being fixed the day we left. My husband and I still got a great workout using the free weights and just walking/jogging around the perimeter of the building.

We used the laundry facilities halfway through our trip. Quick machines- had all 3 of our loads done within an hour and half. $2.00 for wash, $2.00 for dryer (accepts quarters)

We had a great time and there are really only 3 cons for the trip. Not deal breakers for us, but might be for some:
- The bed is very firm. Our bed at home is a pillowtop so we were not very comfortable and didn't sleep as well as we could have
- Breakfast is chaos. Very busy with lots of families and often time the food ran out. Although the staff tried to keep up with replenishing, there were several times you had to wait 10-15 minutes for it to be restocked. BUT it is complimentary so beggers can't be choosers ;)
- The manager's reception food left a lot to be desired. It was very bland. But once again, it is at no cost to you. We simply opted to eat elsewhere

Thank you LBV Homewood Suites for a great stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corinne S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I want to thank everyone at home wood, you made my stay at your hotel very warmly.
Rooms are nice and clean,sofa bed,tv,kitchenette and large fridge in my room I loved it.
Very good breakfast I ate there every morning.
I will stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reading, PA, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Second time staying at this hotel. I am now a repeat custiemr for this facility. Very nice, clean hotel with a nice pool. Request an inside room to avoid the interstate highway noise on the back of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business