Booked this trip as a weekend away with my wife as she is a big harry potter fan and last time we were there Harry potter world wasn't built yet.
The hotel is nice and very typical of what you would expect from a holiday inn express. Initially the front desk wasn't the friendliest but she may have been in a mood because the rest of the trip they were friendly. Check in was easy, though the first room we were switched to (noticed they crossed out the original room number on the envelope, they said it wasn't ready yet-we arrived around 3pm) smelled a bit musty. They told us the rooms on that floor the day before had their carpets cleaned which may have been the cause of the smell but who knows. We called down and came back to the front desk and got switched to the original room which was perfect.
The complimentary breakfast is the same you get at any holiday inn, which is to say good and we enjoyed it though kept it light for meals at the park/city walk etc.
Some people say they walked to the park, we had rented a car so we didn't, I don't know if when you walk there is a more direct walk but the drive is at least 12-15 minutes so that's not a short walk. Used the pool one night and it is heated which was nice.
Some people have mentioned hallway noise, and we did get a bit of that at night when showering/getting ready to go out, but as we figured by late evening/morning when adults would be going to sleep or waking up there was no noise, it's just kids being hyper and enjoying their vacations. Still we stayed in 805 (low numbers are near the elevator) so you may want to stay further up the halls to avoid the noise.
Overall, nice stay, you aren't staying at the Ritz, but your not paying for that, it's nice, ideally located near things, and we had a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Closest Holiday Inn Express Hotel to Universal Orlando Just steps away from Universal Studios and 10 minutes from the Orlando Convention Center, our central Orlando hotel offers both comfort and convenience. If you are looking for lodging near Orlando theme parks, look no further than our charming Orlando hotel, conveniently located at the intersection of Florida s Turnpike and I-4. Easy access to popular Orlando attractions like Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica. Cruise International Drive, also known as I-Drive , for the best shopping, restaurants and entertainment in Orlando. Prime Outlets, Festival Bay, and Mall at Millenia are all five minutes away. Also, we are only 15 minutes away from downtown Orlando. During your Orlando business trip, you will be impressed with the accommodations our Orlando hotel provides. Our Universal hotel is conveniently located near the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center and is the perfect place to stay during your visit to Orlando, FL. While vacationing in Orlando, enjoy several hotel amenities including free high-speed Internet access, pool heated (seasonally) and hot breakfast buffet. Book your reservation today and enjoy our great Orlando hotel deals and rates. Must be 21 years of age with valid credit card at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, HostelWorld, HotelsClick, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Universal Studios Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando Florida