My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from July 23rd to July 28th 2014. We chose this hotel because it was a very good price and close to Universal Studios (we booked through Universal Vacations). We didn't want to rent a car, so we walked to the park every day which took about 30 minutes which was very decent. It was easy to get to the parks, and they have a well marked pedestrian walkway to use.
We arrived very early on the 23rd, so they were unable to fully check us in but were very glad to hold our bags until a room was ready. When we got to our room it was exactly what we expected: a king sized bed, and a bathroom. Everything was very clean, and they always came to clean the room while we were out at the park. The staff was very friendly and were always available to answer questions. The breakfast was also very decent since it was included in the package. They allowed us to check out at noon on our last day instead of 11am which was also very much appreciated.
The only downside to this hotel is the lack of transportation by bus to and from the parks each day, especially considering it was a Universal Partner hotel. My boyfriend and I had planned to walk only the first day because we needed to get to the gates by 6am to experience the new Diagon Alley expansion, but we were hoping to use the bus later on in the week to get to the park. Unfortunately, the bus didn't even start running until Early Park Admission was over (which was included in our package), and you had to take the bus both ways to get a ticket to rude. The bus also was very infrequent so we decided to walk the other days. There is also no bus transportation to any of the Disney parks from this hotel.
We would definitely stay here again - it was worth it for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Closest Holiday Inn Express Hotel to Universal Orlando Just steps away from Universal Studios and 10 minutes from the Orlando Convention Center, our central Orlando hotel offers both comfort and convenience. If you are looking for lodging near Orlando theme parks, look no further than our charming Orlando hotel, conveniently located at the intersection of Florida s Turnpike and I-4. Easy access to popular Orlando attractions like Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica. Cruise International Drive, also known as I-Drive , for the best shopping, restaurants and entertainment in Orlando. Prime Outlets, Festival Bay, and Mall at Millenia are all five minutes away. Also, we are only 15 minutes away from downtown Orlando. During your Orlando business trip, you will be impressed with the accommodations our Orlando hotel provides. Our Universal hotel is conveniently located near the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center and is the perfect place to stay during your visit to Orlando, FL. While vacationing in Orlando, enjoy several hotel amenities including free high-speed Internet access, pool heated (seasonally) and hot breakfast buffet. Book your reservation today and enjoy our great Orlando hotel deals and rates. Must be 21 years of age with valid credit card at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, HostelWorld, IHG, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Universal Studios Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando Florida