We stayed here for 3 nights, and I've got to say, I was very disappointed with this hotel. We've stayed in a lot of different Holiday Inn Express hotels throughout the US, and this one was by far the worst. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I will never go back to that hotel.
First the positives. The location is perfect if you're going to Universal Studios. The price was also a positive, as it is a fairly cheap hotel to stay at. For a lot of people price and location are key, so this hotel definitely has that in its favour.
Now for the negatives. When we arrived, the front door to the hotel lobby was locked. Granted, it was after hours (approx. 12:30am), so from a security perspective, that's not necessarily a bad thing. So we rang the bell to have someone let us in. After waiting for about 5 minutes, we finally got inside the lobby, where we were greeted by the most unmotivated hotel clerk we'd ever met. I felt like we should have apologized for disturbing her. Now purely a personal preference thing for me, but I HATE hotels that separate the sink/mirror area from the toilet/shower area. Maybe for families this is preferable, I don't know, but my opinion is that any "bathroom stuff" you need to do should be in the privacy of the bathroom, behind a closed door. Oh, and that leads me to my next point. The toilet and shower area was literally a converted closet. There wasn't even a real door, just a sliding pocket door which didn't close all that tight (although I guess it's not uncommon for closet doors to leave a gap). The bed was literally 5 feet away from this pocket door, seperated only by the small sink area. There were only 2 of us in the room thankfully. I can't imagine if more that 2 people wanted to share a room. The best part of our stay at this hotel was when we finally checked out. If I hadn't prepaid for the room in advance, we would have left while waiting at the front door for someone to let us in.
There are lots of other hotels right in the same area for about the same price, so my advice is to check them out first.
This all being said, I still really like Holiday Inn Express as a chain, but now I know that not all Holiday Inn Express' are equal, and will therefore need to do a bit more homework for the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Closest Holiday Inn Express Hotel to Universal Orlando Just steps away from Universal Studios and 10 minutes from the Orlando Convention Center, our central Orlando hotel offers both comfort and convenience. If you are looking for lodging near Orlando theme parks, look no further than our charming Orlando hotel, conveniently located at the intersection of Florida s Turnpike and I-4. Easy access to popular Orlando attractions like Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica. Cruise International Drive, also known as I-Drive , for the best shopping, restaurants and entertainment in Orlando. Prime Outlets, Festival Bay, and Mall at Millenia are all five minutes away. Also, we are only 15 minutes away from downtown Orlando. During your Orlando business trip, you will be impressed with the accommodations our Orlando hotel provides. Our Universal hotel is conveniently located near the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center and is the perfect place to stay during your visit to Orlando, FL. While vacationing in Orlando, enjoy several hotel amenities including free high-speed Internet access, pool heated (seasonally) and hot breakfast buffet. Book your reservation today and enjoy our great Orlando hotel deals and rates. Must be 21 years of age with valid credit card at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Universal Studios Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Universal Studios Orlando Florida