#1 Gorgeous place to stay.
#2 Recommend the preferred rooms so that you're close to the main area. They didn't have any available when we booked but we asked when we got there and they let us upgrade.
#3 Boatwright's food is good IF you get the sauce on the side. Would avoid the dirty rice side. Steak, blackened fish, and prime rib were delicious, as was the grit cake, stewed tomatoes and potatoes. We all shared. And the desserts that we tried were all great, choc cake, bread pudding and lemon pound cake concoction was surprisingly a favorite. Our server was very helpful.
#4 Rooms are sufficient and loved the attention to detail. My 14 year-old (105lbs; 5'5) slept in the pull-down bed and was fine.
#5 Pools are great. The main pool is heated but we don't believe the others are, other than from the sun. So they were fine on hot days, but on cooler days, we went to the main pool. The pool area pictures don't do it justice. Was really beautiful. The whole place.
#6 If you like to exercise, there is not a facility for it; however, there's so much land that you can rent a bike and ride along smooth pathways and go for a long ride with awesome scenery. Me and my daughter enjoyed that one day. Between that and swimming at the more private pools, you can get your workout in.
#7 The buses were always timely, you have to expect that it will take a little time to get anywhere but it seems they are always trying to get you to where you need to be as best they can.
#8 We stayed in the Alligator Bayou area. ( I thought kids would like the theme of the room, it was designed well and was probably less boring than the fancier looking rooms that I would've picked!) We all enjoyed it.
#9 It was important to us to be close to the food court/quick serve area because, well, we eat often and had the dining plan. This made it super convenient and we were very happy with the selection of foods. It didn't feel like we were living on junk food which was wonderful. It seemed like a bigger area than the deluxe we have previously stayed at. Loved it.
#10 We stayed at this resort because we wanted to be more economically conscious than we were last time when we stayed at the Polynesian. Because the package price is not the only amount you spend if you want souvenirs! And we wanted to feel more comfortable with the cost this time. Was a hard decision because we wanted to enjoy it as much as we did last time and glad we stayed at the Riverside because it was also fabulous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside