Let me start by saying that this hotel is very beautiful, we stayed here from December 11-15 and the weather was perfect. Port Orleans is a large hotel but no a big deal unless you have to walk a few times to the main building. I stayed in the Royal Guest rooms and it is a short distance walk to the main building. the rooms are not very spaced, the beds are nice enough for a good night sleep and we were happy to be able to have a fridge in our room since my baby drinks milk. The bathroom is very small.
The food court is a nice option if you don't have to leave the hotel they have breakfast (waffles, eggs, omelets, pancakes, and yogurts) for lunch and dinner (hamburgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, pizza and a make your own pasta bar) the food is very good no complaints.
For the Boatwright restaurant it was not my personal favorite not a lot of options and I found the food to be boring nothing to want to make me come back.
The ferry boat to Downtown Disney is very nice it takes about 20-25 minutes, if you ride he bus it will take longer and take a jacket it gets chilly on the river at night.
I rented a car so I did not use the bus service to the parks. (If you have a car and are staying at a Disney property you don't have to pay for parking at the parks)
We rented a bike and had a nice family stroll thru the hotel.
I definitely would recommend this hotel, for us three night was enough since I prefer a villa because of the space and having two bathrooms, but definitely its beautiful hotel and their is plenty of things to do when not at the parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside