“Very nice”

Ranked #89 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I loved my time at Disney Port Orleans Riverside- the resort is a lot quieter and has many pools where you can find some peace during a Disney trip. The ferry to downtown is very convenient and the amenities like the bikes are awesome. I wish they served beignets like the French Quarter but I took a bike ride down to get it. Overall I really liked the resort and would come back again. The feel is very relaxed. We came back to the resort each afternoon to take a break and then go to the park again, it was most convenient that way. Each morning we rode the bus to the parks, breakfast in the hall is a bit crazy but if you go early you can beat the rush.

4 Thank Eileen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,168)
  • Hebrew first
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is the fourth time we have stayed at POR with our family of 5. Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Since our last visit, this resort has changed over to the Disney FastPass+ system. Essentially, you get a wristband that acts as your room key, park tickets, meal vouchers, fast pass vouchers, and credit card. As far as FP+ was concerned, we experienced no glitches, all of our reservations were accurate, and the wristbands were durable and comfortable.

This resort is large, but quaint and quiet. For the amount of people staying there, you really can enjoy your privacy while in your room. This was during Spring Break season, but we never had to wait for a bus. The staff was friendly and efficient.

5 Thank JoeP1976
New York, N.Y.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Four of us stayed in a room towards the back of the property, building 25 I believe. It looks far on the map, but the walk wasn't bad at all. And I preferred being out of the heavy traffic area.

We basically had the pool to ourselves, though it wasn't quite warm enough to enjoy it as much as I would have liked during our February visit. We walked over to the jacuzzi on Ol' Man Island and had a nice soak. Thankfully it was more family oriented and not a big party atmosphere.

The property is beautiful and I really like the style of the landscaping in the Alligator Bayou area. Felt the supplies were meager for the room -- had to go ask for more shampoo and conditioner. Lotion is also available upon request. Room was clean and comfortable thought.

The cafeteria dining in the main building is a bit limited, but more than adequate and not quite as expensive as I worried it might be if you choose widely. Remember to save your cups and take advantage of free refills! Avoid the Boatwrights restaurant. I thought it way overpriced and the worst meal of our trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank bbright1
Delmont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This Disney Resort is still as nice as it was years ago when we stayed there when it was called Dixie Landings. It is our favorite for the moderate priced resorts in the park. It is very peaceful here. The grounds are beautiful and the restaurants are very good. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We've stayed here a couple of times and still have not seen everything there is to see on the rounds. Oh, well, not enough time, guess we'll have to go back again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladyje_11
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed for only one night, but the grounds are beautiful. Nothing but the best with Disney. We had a simple room two queens, and a murphy bed. My 8 year old loved the murphy bed. Pool was great and heated. Service is always wonderful. Only draw back to disney if you have not stayed on property is the prices. Outrageous prices for food or drinks, but its expected, its disney. The beds were hard at this resort, I tossed and turned all night. Not a good sleep due to hard beds. One other thing missing with this resort is there is no activity center for kids. They have games at the pool, but that is it. Nothing like Saratoga which has arts, crafts, and a multitude of activities for kids. But it was a great stay none the less. I would go back, but will choose my room better or upgrade.

1 Thank tluco
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We choose this resort due to wanting bigger beds. I got lucky and got a king bed with a murphy bed. It was the most beautiful resort! It was so quiet and peaceful. This is definitely the best moderate resort at Disney! You will walk a little but its so worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LDMHMM
Columbia,MD
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We got to the resort very early, so we knew our room would not be ready, and we were prepared to take the boat to Downtown Disney and have lunch while we waited for the room. Check-in was easy, and I signed up to get a text when our room was ready. We took our bags to luggage check, and went to have lunch. The grounds of the resort are just beautiful, and the boat ride to Downtown Disney was really nice. We got the text that our room was ready while we were finishing up lunch. All we got was a room number. Went back to get our bags and I asked a cast member where room 3421 was. She pulls out a map and shows me, and asks "are you driving there?" Umm no, we did not rent a car, the whole point of staying at a Disney resort I thought!
I asked for an extra map, but she said she didn't have one. Ok, I thought the directions seemed simple enough. We were in building 34 in Alligator Bayou. The signs on property to get to our building make you go the LOONNGG way. Eventually we figured out a better way, but one night my husband got lost coming back to our room, and the signs did NOT help him! I was really disappointed that they did not provide a map at check-in. My husband went back and asked about this, and the cast member's response was "we don't give maps because the buildings move sometimes". Really?
Anyway, we enjoyed the campfire and marshmallow roasting, the playgrounds, bar, pool area. Our room was nice, and our son loved the murphy bed. I did find a used soap on top of an extra blanket on a shelf in the bathroom. No big deal. Not a very big room, but just fine for our 2 night stay. Food options were average. We ate several times at the food court, but was not overly impressed with the food.
All in all, great property, but lacking food options, and A LOT of walking. I wish we could have gotten a room in building 27, like other reviewers stated. Maybe that would have made our stay more enjoyable. I would definitely stay at a Disney resort again, it's definitely the way to go, but probably not returning to Riverside. Make sure you wait for the Disney buses near the lobby. A lot easier to get on the bus there.

Room Tip: If in Alligator Bayou, ask for a room in building 27