We spent six nights here and wished we had booked a 7th. We had always stayed at Caribbean Beach in the past and really enjoyed it but were ready to try something new. We absolutely loved Port Orleans Riverside and it is our new favorite. The big advantage here is the boat ride to Downtown Disney which has beautiful views of the peaceful river scenery. The grounds at Caribbean Beach are nice, but Riverside is even more beautiful. The pool was tons of fun - my husband and I enjoyed the slide as much as the kids. I loved my morning strolls around the river. The Mansions were very pretty from the outside.
We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section which has very lush and shady landscaping. It was a nice break from the September heat. The room decor is not very attractive but I suppose in keeping with the theme. We had a trundle bed room which will accomodate 5 people. The trundle bed is very small. I had intended for my 11-year old to use it, but realized she was too tall and let my 8-year old have it instead. The only negative at this resort is that the beds are doubles instead of queens. We stepped outside the door to our room to a very pretty "swamp" area. There were lizards running around all over the walkway which delighted our kids.
The food court and gift shop is great. Bus service is very good except for the trip home from Animal Kingdom. We left the park early and had to make an extra stop at Blizzard Beach and Port Orleans French quarter.
Our 8-year old cried a river when we left for our weekend at the beach. The beach hotel looked so shabby after this beautiful resort. This is where we will stay on our next trip. It is a beautiful, quiet, peaceful, fun resort and a great value. We can hardly wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where simple pleasures flourish and Southern hospitality abounds. From the stately white-column mansions of Magnolia Bend to the quaint backwoods cottages of Alligator Bayou, delight in this picturesque Resort hotel that evokes the romance and tranquility of the rural Louisiana Bayou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Disney Resort
- Orlando Port Orleans Resort
- Riverside Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Port Orleans Hotel Disney
- Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- Port Orleans Resort Disney
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside