“Our best Disney experience”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Ranked #88 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Our best Disney experience”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We have stayed at Disney many times, this has been our best experience. Somehow Disney manages to take you back to a previous time in the deep South. It was a relaxing experience to stay at Riverside. It is close to Epcot, the food court is outstanding, and the staff was extremely helpful. The pool was kind of small, but our kids liked it. The rooms were neat but they weren't anything special. For our family, Riverside was a true Disney experience. It made our trip more special. This resort was one of the most quiet hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank wi_travelers4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,204)
  • Hebrew first
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2010

It's a beautiful hotel. Tons of fun! I'd love to actually stay there sometime!

Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JennaS30
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We could not fault the room or the surroundings of this resort. There are trees water and plants everywhere. We really enjoyed watching the squirrels, lizards and various birds. We were in a lodge near to a swimming pool and family laundry area. There was an ice and vending machine close by. Shuttle busses ran to all the other parks on a regular basis. We could only go to Downtown Disney on the river boat which was disappointing as I hoped that other areas were accessible by water.

After rave revues I was expecting the main pool area to have many slides and features. It did not and was in fact quite dull and boring.

Once we got to our resort in the evening there were no activities for teenagers. Our son is nearly 18 and was hoping to spend time with other young people. This is definitely an area in need of improvement.

I really think that Disney World is a wonderful for families with young children or families
with older teenagers who could go out together.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelcatsDoha_Qatar
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Super family friendly. Eatery or Sit-down dining. Ferry (BOAT RIDES) to Downtown Disney. The kids were happy enough to stay at the hotel. Not to mention Beautiful grounds.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kellyjoyriley
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Port Orleans Riverside is a wonderful destination for DisneyWorld. Yet my room 8720 was a filthy disaster, and after calling the manager and inviting them for a room tour, I received a 50% discount for the appauling conditions. They apologized for my being given such a terribly worn down and dirty room, and mentioned they would be putting the room up for refurbishing. I took pictures once I arrived to document what I walked into. Hope they stand by their word and restore the room. If so, then I would love to stay there again, and actually enjoy my trip there. The staff was excellant and kind. The atmosphere with river boating was fantastic. Overall, with exception of the room I had a good vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank tripnew01
Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Room for five! Being a family with three kids, we outgrew our favorite value (Pop Century) and came here. We had stayed Nov 2000 and I wasn't impressed. However, we have stayed three times this year (annual passholders) and I love it. The "trundle" is a regular sized twin bed that rolls out from under one of the doubles. The bathroom and the vanity area are separated which is nice plus there is a curtain between the sleeping area and this area. A nice touch if you are an early riser and want to read without waking the rest of the family. The grounds are gorgeous. They have horse & carriage rides and boat rentals. The restaurant, Boatwrights, has delicious prime rib. There is a waitress there (can't remember her name) that is the nicest person on all of Disney property. How she remembers us from trip to trip, I have no idea. But she's lovely. The walk to the parking lot is long - as we tend not to take buses - so for us it is best to get a parking lot view room! Crazy but true...as all rooms are the same on the inside. Nice lobby/check in area and very nice store, with again, amazingly polite staff. I always loved Pop Century and the staff but most of the other values do not have good/polite staff. This moderate is in line with any of the deluxe with the people who work here. Very nice. The rooms are larger than values - and the same size as Animal Kingdom/Wilderness Lodge (two deluxe properties). Our family of five fit nicely into the Alligator Bayou rooms. No real noise to think of and the food court is never as out of control as Pop Century (and keep in mind I love Pop). It is just so very pretty here. The pool and slide are great for the kids. Lifeguards are constantly on the patrol so I feel safe. If you are looking for the best moderate - stay here! I like it more than the Caribbean Beach Resort and 10 times more than Coronado Springs.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Lori F
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My husband & I stayed on the 'mansions' side in March 2010 & really enjoyed our stay. We had previously stayed on the 'alligator bayou' side a few years ago & found that we really liked this 'mansions' side MUCH better. Since it was just us this time around, we got a room w/a king sized bed, which was nice (most rooms on property have 2 double beds). Our room was nice, though a little 'worn/tired', but clean. It had a typical bathroom w/toilet & shower/bath combo & an outside dressing area w/2 pedastal sinks. There is an in-room safe in the dressing/sink area, an ironing board/iron & hair dryer. There was also an in-room fridge. The resort was nice & our building was not far from the bridge that took you over to the main building w/the restaurants & registration area. It was a bit chilly when we went (for FL standards) & we did not go swimming, but the 'fishing hole' pool area was very nice & there were many who did go swimming there & seemed to be having a great time. If possible, I highly recommend opting for the 'Disney Dining Plan'.......a MUCH better deal in my opinion than paying ala carte w/o the plan. While we were there, we visited EPCOT, the Studios & Animal Kingdom.....by far, my favorite park is still EPCOT, though I do love to go to the Magic Kingdom w/my kids :) We also took advantage of Disney's great transportation system & 'magic' hours as resort guests. All-in-all a nice mini getaway w/my hubby & a nice, middle of the road, Disney resort.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tampa_FL_Girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside? Share your experiences!