“Beautiful Hotel, wonderful staff and facility”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #44 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
florida
“Beautiful Hotel, wonderful staff and facility”
Reviewed 7 May 2008

We just returned from a weekend trip to The Grand Bohemian. We were there for business and pleasure. It is a big city hotel, lots of ambience and character. We immediatly felt at home when greeted by the pleasand valet staff and the best of all, was Jose. If you are lucky enough to be greated by Jose when you arrive, he will take care of you as if you are family.
Very secure hotel, wonderful and lively bar, relaxing and private pool area. the hotel is warm and sexy...great for business or a romantic get away.
I suggest staying for the sunday brunch!

Stayed May 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Bovi33
Reviewed 6 May 2008

I booked the hotel through the GM's office (Mr. Newmark) - who was very helpful.

The hotel was amazing from top to bottom. Great food, great scene, we had an amazing room on the concierge floor. The service was also very precise.

Can't think of one complaint about this hotel. For a young person the proximity to the Downtown Orlando Nightlife is perfect - I'll recommend as long as I'm around.

Rob

• Liked — Location, Food, Service
  • Disliked — NADA
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 22 April 2008

We took a group there from our company for a three day conference. Everything was top-notch! Everyone was so friendly - called us by name, and the conference went off with out a hitch. Special thanks to Jose the bell captian and Sheila my banquet captain!!!

Stayed April 2008
orlando
Reviewed 20 April 2008

Jose, the bell captain, was truly a lifesaver! We had a luncheon on April 18th and he helped us with our many boxes, not once, but twice! He was polite and very very helpful!

Thanks Jose and all at the Grand Bohemian for a great luncheon experience! We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 19 April 2008

Very attentive service from the moment I arrived and throughout.

The bell captain , Jose, even shined my shoes on the spot for me as the shoe shine person was unavailable.. now that's service.

He also offered to shine the one's I had back in my room... this gives new meaning to the question: "will there be anything else sir?"

Stayed April 2008
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 10 April 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Bohemian for 4 nights last month, and it was amazing! We were upgraded at no charge to the Club level on the 15th floor since we are member's of the ipreferred network. They do this when there is plenty of availability. On the club floor, they have free breakfast, everyday, as well as cocktails (not free) and hors d'oeuvres each night. The lounge is very posh and the music is amazing. The staff at the front desk was fast, friendly and very efficient.

We did eat at their restaurant (Boheme) one night, which was a very good meal, though extremely pricey. We actually had one negative experience while dining, which was resolved the next morning. The server described the specials of the day (around $35), and I asked to have one of the specials be modified slightly. The server said she would have the chef accommodate that request. When the bill came, my entree cost $60!! My husband and I were shocked, as all of the other entrees in the menu were in the $30-40 range, and the one she described was $35. The bill was charged to our room, and we didn't make a fuss that night. The next morning, I stopped at the front desk and explained the discrepancy in the prices, and the fact that the server never mentioned that my meal would be $60. The front desk clerk immediately spoke with the restaurant manager and credited our account $30, which I thought was fair. The food though, was very fresh and they gave us huge portions.

The concierge made several recommendations for seeing some local sites (not Disney related!). The hotel is in walking distance to Church Street Stations, which has some great bars and restaurants. We went to the Cheyenne Saloon one night, and it was a very exciting experience. Even if you don't enjoy country music, you must see the amazing architecture in this place.

The valet staff are very friendly and efficient. As for the rooms, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I enjoyed having the Bose radio on the nightstand with the relaxing jazz cd playing when we arrived. It was a really nice touch. They had robes in the rooms, and the toiletries were high end.

Overall, this was a very positive experience and we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — It was a very posh and upscale hotel.
  • Disliked — Can't really say anything!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2008

My twins and I had a fantastic stay at this Hotel. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was clean and beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in downtown Orlando. Everyone was great! We had a terrific bellman named Jose who took care of us and all the baby gear. Highly, highly reco! A+++++++++

Stayed February 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#93 of 338 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!