“Eclectic, Romantic, Fun!!!”

Ranked #45 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Auburndale, Florida
“Eclectic, Romantic, Fun!!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I cannot say enough about the team at the Grand Bohemian! Without exception from the valet to check out, every person wearing the GB name tag was kind, gracious, engaging, and eager to please. The bed was amazing and I will confess to being a pampered princess when it comes to pillows and bedding:) The food and drinks were outstanding and I have to give a shout out to our waiter, Samuel at Boheme... he had great insights and recommendations and was a pleasure to work with. Both the restaurant and hotel exhibit exceptional attention to detail, right down to the silver spoons for dessert. The valet experience upon checkout was the only glitch in the matrix of beauty. We had to wait 20 plus minutes for our car, but it was due to shear volume and not a lack of hustle by the drivers. Very fun atmosphere, clean, interesting... basically can't wait to visit again and/or get to another of her sister hotels through the Kessler brand.

Room Tip: Make sure there are not Bachelorette Parties near by:) Had to "shush" the girls across th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Orlando
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We hosted our wedding recently at the Grand Bohemian Orlando and we were fascinated with the planning experience as well as with their service the day of our wedding reception. Everything went flawlessly! Many of our wedding guests complimented the food and the service. And many of them stayed the night and were delighted with the delicious brunch the morning after. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel is located right in the heart of downtown Orlando for those visitors who can appreciate Orlando has more to offer besides Disney. The front desk people were super helpful and the bellman staff made sure my dress was well taken care of while being brought up to the room. I highly recommend the hotel and the ballroom for any events.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was, one of the nicest Marriotts I have ever stayed in. The staff at the front desk and the concierge lounge was impeccable, and well informed. The location is Key, nestled right in downtown, and walking distance to all restaurants and bars. It was a very swanky and sheik musical themed hotel. It had a great robe and bath amenities. I even noticed some pro basketball players staying there as well! This was a nice, one night treat!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lcanonmous
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I checked out in a rush and left a brand new suit in the room, with the tags still attached. I called two hours later to located my missing garments and was told that house keeping had not turned anything in. I called every day for a week, with no enthusiasm from the staff to help me find my suit. $1600 thrown away. I would expect more from a hotel in this class.

One year ago I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. I went to some meetings during the day, returned to room at night and my room key did not work. I went to the front desk, found out that they had switched me into another room, and moved all my stuff, without a phone call or an email. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Nathan E
Amy D, Director of Front Office Operations at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this evening. We apologize for the frustration the loss of this suite has caused you and are doing everything possible to assist you in locating it. We will be in contact soon.
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice. Nice bar, drinks are not as pricey as I had expected. Room very clean. Rooms are not quiet, hallway very busy but that was fine. Just loud. I stayed here for a conference. One thing I do not like is they put a hold on your credit/debit card for 5-7 days. Haven't had this happen before.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank allisouthcarolina
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had our wedding here and we felt the service was absolutely fabulous and exceptional! We had around 100-105 guest and the package value was great which included cocktail hour, open bar and plated belly filling dinner and dessert for all palates, etc. Check out the wedding packages, the amenities go on and on, incorporate them all because you deserve them and they amp up your vision for your day.The wedding ceremony was on the rooftop and the event manager, Sara, quickly problem solved the weird Florida cold snap issue we encountered on our wedding weekend and provided heaters within a reasonable cost. For future worried brides, if you invite the right guests, your generous cash gifts will be more than enough to cover it (hint hint). All of the staff is friendly and helpful especially our personal butler Sofia. We slept like angels in our honeymoon suite, I'll will leave some details out because every bride should feel special and surprised on their wedding day and night. Just know that anything you need they are right there finding a solution or have already covered it. Cleanliness of rooms was above average, no complaints there. The location of the hotel is centrally located downtown to great restaurants and the night life is within walking distance or a short taxi ride away. We took a stroll after the wedding rehearsal for dinner, none of our party minded because everything was that close. Grand Bohemian has a mature sexy lounge ambiance, if this is your style, the restaurant downstairs has amazing food and drinks. The eclectic art work and furniture all over was a bonus for us but you will either love it or hate it, but don't over analyze it. We will be sure to revisit on our anniversary for a repeat feeling, this is my challenge for the Grand Bohemian. Overall great time, grade A service!

Room Tip: enjoy the sun rise on the east side of the building.
Green Features: eco-friendly practices were an option as noticed on pamphlets around the room.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Arrived at the hotel at 11am on Sunday and was granted early check in. Excellent Room on a high floor and very quiet. We had reservations for the Sunday Brunch at 11:30am and had another couple join us.

Enjoyed an excellent buffet with plenty of seafood choices to include raw oysters, peel and eat Shrimp, crab legs, beef roast, great salads and cheeses. You can also order off the menu for your buffet and we took the waiters suggestion and had the crab cakes. They were outstanding as was the service from our waiter Justin.

To top it off we enjoyed the jazz being performed by a duet in the middle of the dining room.

Parking at $24 per night is pricey for Orlando but we did not see any better options. Our guests for brunch were able to park free during the brunch.

Overall we would strongly suggest this hotel for a weekend getaway and also recommend that you include reservations for their Sunday Brunch.

1 Thank barbadoscruiser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Aloft Orlando Downtown
#110 of 339 in Orlando
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!