“A great Boutique Hotel In The Heart Of Downtown Orlando”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection
Ranked #47 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida, United States
“A great Boutique Hotel In The Heart Of Downtown Orlando”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The famed boutique hotel, steps away from Orlando’s Amway Center, attracts the
elite visitor, including celebrities, athletes and VIPs, to enjoy dining, art and entertainment. With 247 guest rooms and suites, an inviting rooftop pool, spa, restaurant, lounge and more, The Grand Bohemian is a captivating haven of creativity exuding passion and edge.

Whether you stop in for dinner, brunch, or an overnight stay, The Grand Bohemian is sure to impress. From the very moment you set foot in the door your senses are wowed and you are whisked away to a place that disregards the conventional standards set forth by hotels and replaces those standards with an artistic vision that is unsurpassed in Orlando.

The Grand Bohemian truly Captures the classical and unconventional spirit of Bohemian cultures.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Short review- if you have a "smaller" group, take your money and go elsewhere!

Long review- I will start by saying I have never had a service issue with ANY Marriott property before, let alone one that supposedly is an "Autograph" collection hotel. In fact, we have visited several of the other Kessler properties and been thrilled. The Mansion on Forsyth Park is one of our favorite hotels of all time. We've even stayed at this property before-the hotel itself is fine. Unfortunately, we will never be coming back. I was trying to reserve 8 rooms for a getaway weekend/golf/fantasy football draft party. I called two weeks ago looking for some information. No one responded for a week, so I contacted them via Facebook. They responded quickly and said someone from sales would call me. Another week went by and no one contacted me. Again I called, and asked for the group sales manager. They took some info and then informed me that if we did not have 10 rooms it was not a "group." They mentioned they could offer us the "wine room" at no charge and would look at giving us a discounted rate, given that it was the slowest month of the year for them and on a weekend(their slowest time.) The next day, I was sent a "contract" with room rates more expensive than simply booking on Marriott.com, 200 dollars for the "free" room, +10 bucks a guy to do our draft online. They clarified that the room was "free" if we spent 300 dollars in food. After voicing my frustration with the lack of communication and then the flip flopping of rates, the sales manager then says, "just book it online" and has yet to respond since. I called and sent multiple emails to the General Manager(David Friederich) hoping to get some sort of help in getting this resolved. He has yet to email me back or make a simple phone call. To make things worse, we had already booked spa packages at this place, and have had no luck in contacting them either. In stark contrast, when I contacted other hotels(the new Four Seasons, the JW Marriott Grand Lakes, Lakeshore Reserve, and the villas at Grand Cypress) EVERY SINGLE ONE contacted me within 2 hours. EVERY SINGLE ONE was extremely helpful and was able to offer our "group" a solid rate, and not a single one told me "just book it online." Fortunately, we found an AWESOME rate at the Villas at Grand Cypress. The difference in level of service shouldn't be shocking that the Villas of Grand Cypress is the #1 hotel in Orlando, and this place is way down the list. I can't bring myself to rate the hotel as "Terrible" because the hotel itself is nice and a good location, If this were a super 8(sorry to disrespect the super 8's of the world) maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed. But for a high end Marriott, they should be embarrassed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Amy D, Executive Office at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mr. Helm,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on your experience while trying to book your event at our hotel. Thank you also for speaking with Mr. Friederich, our General Manager, yesterday. We want to reiterate our sincere apology for the long list of service failures you experienced. Rest assured that we have taken all the necessary steps to prevent this situation from occurring again.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to earning your trust and hope to be your hotel of choice in downtown Orlando again.

Orlando
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed 1 night to celebrate a friend's birthday. We booked directly thru their website and took advantage of being able to request a high floor and 2 queen beds - which they were able to accomodate. We were given a room on the top floor (15 floors) and it had a pretty nice view of downtown Orlando. Valet, bell services and check in were all very quick and friendly. The lobby is small but beautiful, a restaurant, bar, starbucks and art gallery all right there. The room felt large, as did the bathroom. We didn't know that the mini bar was NOT a fridge and would not cool things down, you would have to use the ice bucket for that, so we called guest services and they said they would send someone up. No one came, we told them at check-out about it and they said whoever we talked to should have told you that it's not a fridge (even though it LOOKS like a fridge). It was a rookie mistake I guess of ours not to know, but not only did we think it was broken since everything was room temperature, we didn't know the mini bar had sensors so if you so much as lift something up, it charges the item to your room. We had picked up EVERYTHING to see if it was cold so EVERYTHING was charged to our bill and we didn't consume any of it. Luckily, we explained that to the front desk and she didn't give us any trouble about it, it sounded like that was pretty common actually. Live and learn I guess!

After we checked out the hotel, we went to the pool. The pool is on like the 3rd or 4th floor. It's smaller than expexted but there wasn't a lot of people there so we were fine. They had plenty of chairs out, towels and water available. The hotel is very much about artwork, there is artwork everywhere, even sculptures out by the pool. We planned to use the pool the next day too, but they had a wedding going on and the pool area was going to be closed starting at noon. They told us that at check-in, which was nice to know so if we had really wanted to, we could have gone in the morning.

I used the workout room in the morning. Had the whole place to myself. They had 4 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and 2 bikes. Also free weights and a few machines that I didn't use. The elliptical had a tv built in and they provided ear buds to use. Also provided a water bottle refill station and fruit. Loved that gym!

For reasons unknown to us, our smoke detector went off in the morning while we were sound asleep. We thought it was the whole floor because it was really loud, but I think it was just our room (very random). We called the front desk, they sent someone up immediately. Randy, a housekeeping manager came and disabled the alarm and apologized for the inconvenience. He was very nice, clearly felt bad that it had woken us up and wanted to make it up to us. I was very happy with his prompt and courteous attitude towards making the situation better.

We enjoyed lunch at the hotel, the blueberry mojito was excellent. My friend raved about the tuna tacos. I got the margherita pizza (it was just okay). The naan bread starter was yummy! Atmosphere was excellent. Overall, I would highly reccomend this hotel. Every person that worked there that we spoke with was nice. It's really pretty and in a good location, close to the Amway center if you're going to a concert.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allie B
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary and we chose the Grand Bohemian Orlando hotel for the occasion. We stayed for 2 nights on Memorial Day weekend (May/24-26) at a Jacuzzi Suite (room # 1120).

The check-in process was fast. People at the front desk were very courteous and efficient.
Our suite was spacious and tastefully decorated. The room was facing towards Orange Avenue.
On arrival, they delivered to our room a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate truffles with a note from the General Manager congratulating us on our Anniversary. That was a very nice gesture.
The concierge lounge was closed during the weekend but accessible with your room key (Marriott Platinum and Gold members) where we could get bottled water, beverages and light snacks.

Service was impeccable and very consistent across all areas of the hotel my wife and I had the opportunity to enjoy (spa services, restaurant (breakfast and dinner), room service, front desk, the lady at the art gallery on the 5th floor and valet parking). Everybody had a genuine willingness to help and they always did it very efficiently and with a smile. When you notice that, you know that the hand of a great manager has left its mark.
Thank you Grand Bohemian Orlando for a memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EzeandMaria
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Took my wife here for a nice romantic overnight stay. Very nice. We enjoyed the Bousendorfer lounge, I'm sure I spelled that wrong. Enjoyed nice appetizers (try the lamp flatbread), the house wine......hey this is good wine no kidding and I enjoy wine. I feel it is almost bordeux like and I enjoy it. The ambiance is excellent, nice music, lighting, furnishings as well. Nice crowd. Well, back to the room, its romantic. They provide a nice music player with their own CD, we bought one also, great relaxing music. Well cared for, great furnishings, very clean bathroom.

If your going to stay in downtown Orlando or just want a getaway with the wife, this is it. The pool area looked very inviting and south beachish, but we didn't have time to enjoy that.

Romantic.

Room Tip: They all seem to be very nice. Pool view was nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ed H
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay here often when I am in Orlando. The location for business in Orlando cant be beat and the restaurant is quite good for breakfast. Bathrooms could use some updating and staff is not always that responsive. I left something in my room and took them days to check. Requested some information from the staff that I never got.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Amy D, Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Michael G.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your past stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms, Boheme Breakfast and the location was perfect. Please accept our sincere apologies in regards to the responsiveness or our Grand Performers with the request to your lost and found item. We would love to resolve any pending requests. Please contact me directly at catherine.bwenge@kesslercollection.com.

We hope to hear from you soon and we look forward to serving you in the future stays.

Kind Regards,
Catherine Bwenge
Assistant Front Office Manager
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this chic downtown Orlando property to attend an event. It was a flawless weekend without any Mickey or Minnie. The hotel is beautiful with an art deco decor and a strong art presence with hundreds of pieces of artwork displayed and for sale throughout the property. The bar is upbeat and happening on the weekend with live jazz and good drinks and the restaurant offered not only a delightful sea bass for dinner, but a lovely breakfast as well.

The pool is located on the sixth. floor " roof". Although not the top of the hotel, it is a roof landing and although VERY SMALL, it was also very happening. It is difficult to get sun though since the main area of the pool has an overhang and is set up for parties, the area for sun is only the remaining strips of space on the sides of the overhang. Not a lot of chairs and actual space is small. Still a nice experience though. Grab a cup of coffee the morning and just sit outside and relax! The workout room is also small with an offering of the basics. I was upgraded to a deluxe king suite which was nice and very ample. Overall good experience, especially since the event I was attending was in the hotel ballroom. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel for couples, singles and friends….not for kids.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo